How do you use 500ml glue for its entire life?

This user has no status.
By this I mean,

I owned a Vario Clean 500ml bottle, but then over time there was like a really stick gloop that formed which I couldn't get back into liquid form. This was all the "sticky" stuff and after that I was left with a thin liquid that had no stick whatsoever. I had to use VOC glue for 1 rubber as the Vario Clean wouldn't glue anything, even with a tiny dome.

Do you guys know what I'm talking about? I think during the winter it's the worst, but over time this happened to me twice - the glue lost the viscosity as the gloop formed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I am also curious what circumstances can provide maximum possible shelf life. I have a bottle of Copydex which is about 9 months now if I recall correctly, but it seems to become a bit yellow-ish. It still seems to do the job though.

Are there certain brands of waterbased glue that have a longer shelf life than others?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
By this I mean,

I owned a Vario Clean 500ml bottle, but then over time there was like a really stick gloop that formed which I couldn't get back into liquid form. This was all the "sticky" stuff and after that I was left with a thin liquid that had no stick whatsoever. I had to use VOC glue for 1 rubber as the Vario Clean wouldn't glue anything, even with a tiny dome.

Do you guys know what I'm talking about? I think during the winter it's the worst, but over time this happened to me twice - the glue lost the viscosity as the gloop formed?

I have always wanted to try using liquid ammonia to see if the sticky thing dissolves. I just couldn't either get the sticky gloop formed or couldn't get my hands on liquid ammonia. The reason why i wanted to try that was because I think that is the solvent that glue manufacturers might be using as almost all the water based glues that i have tried till date, reeks heavily of ammonia. Might be worth a shot.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
6 months max.

I have glue that is longer than that and I never have a problem.

I use 1000ml bottles and some times I don't glue much bats, so the glue can last about a year.
few pointers:
- shut is correctly
- avoid cold weather (most glues will say it on the label)
- shake well before you use

Else, just buy +/- 50ml or 100ml glues
they also come in 200/250ml

Ive been using Xiom, Yasaka, Andro, Gewo glues over the pass 5 years in my shop with no real problems to speak of

Reactions: Rajah*