Rubber recommendations for Force Pro black

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Hi,

I recently got a Force pro Black to try out. My old setup was a stiga offensive classic with Xiom Vega Japan (fh) and Focus Snipe 3 (bh). I had got back to professional table tennis after a long break so I had to take it easy on the setup and went for more control rubbers. Now that I am back up and running and looking to upgrade. I got a Force pro black to try out. What are your suggestions for rubbers? I find the Xiom Vega Japan generating tremendous spin for my forehand and am quite happy with it (although I could use more speed which I am hoping the blade will give). However, the backhand could definetely use an upgrade (although the focus snipe is great for blocks, it lacks speed and spin especially when looping, serves and pushes don't have enough backspin to trouble anyone).

Any suggestions for a rubber that could fit an Off 7 ply all wood blade? Do you think I should change at all (will the blade overcome the problems of Focus Snipe III)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Do you think I should change at all (will the blade overcome the problems of Focus Snipe III)?

I am not entirely sure the blade will be the complete solution, but it would make sense to keep your rubbers in order to get used to the blade. By doing so, you minimize the variables. Maybe you´ll find the Vega Japan is a keeper, and with the Vega rubbers being competitively priced this could be an advantage.

The Black Edition has spread like a virus in our club, convincing players of all leagues from bottom to top (the fourth league in Germany). It fits many rubbers and people use it with Evolution MX-P, EL-S, tenergy 05 and 05fx, Acuda S1 turbo and I think some others as well. Speaking of the S1 turbo, it is an often overlooked medium + rubber which might give you good blocking properties but more speed and flexibility than the Focus.

You´ve chosen a great blade and it makes sense to experiment a little in order to find the (your) perfect rubbers for it.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
We recently gave the Force Pro Black Edition for testing to our equipment reviewer Patrick.

Here's what he said about rubbers for this blade:
"The use of a European or Japanese rubber in the FH will result in a lightning fast set-up that will require skills to handle."

You can read more in our
full blade review here. You should find it helpful.