How do you preserve tackiness in Hurricane 3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Hey,
I love my Hurricane 3 but it was a lot better when I first used it. My serves were super spinny, now it is way less although it's only 2 weeks old. I just put it in my bat case but now I read that for Chinese rubbers that's not enough.
What do you do to preserve its tackiness?

non-sticky plastic sheets applied after cleaning the rubber with a bit of sweat once you have finished playing works for me. if you want to store for a while apply a thin coat of olive oil after cleaning and then put on the plastic cover sheets. this also restores the rubber's tack & grip.

Reactions: Shifu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Okay thanks. Got any tip where to buy these? I only find sticky ones for Euro/Japanese rubbers. In Germany everyone plays Donic/Andro/Butterfly etc...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Also Belagschutzfolie gibts hier...ähhhh

Well i use this
reach-table-tennis-ping-pong-rubber-cleaner.jpg

and bought non adhesive protection sheets here

https://de.butterfly.tt/zubehoer/rubber-film-iii-belagschutzfolien.html

This user has no status.
I used to use the adhesive Butterfly rubber protection sheets. I found they restored the tackiness of my old H3 which gave it much more life than it had any right to have, haha. Don't know if those impact the characteristics of the rubber in the long run though since many people do not use them or are against the idea.

This user has no status.
I am using these adhesive ones: http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-protection-foil-formula-pair

I clean my rubber with tab water out of a tiny spray bottle between matches and after training sessions. Occasionally even the REvolution No3 cleaner to get the tiny particles off that won't come off with just water (you feel them while wiping with your palm). My H3N is currently 3 months old with absolutely zero loss in tackiness. It's as good as new. No need to not use sticky foils :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
But I read that for tacky rubbers you should use the ones that are not adhesive and vice versa?
Yup that's correct.
Clean after every use.
Just before you apply a non-adhesive sheet to your hurricane, put a drop of water on it. Put on the protective sheet so that the water gets evenly spread on the rubber.

The water will keep oxygen out therefore keeps the rubber tacky.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I use DHS Hurricane 3 neo provincial (black) and after one day it has zero tackiness :verwirrt: . I claen my rubber with water and use a protection foil (no tacky) too the humidity is 40°. What is wrong???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
[QUOTE = chinalove; 222759] Ich benutze DHS Hurricane 3 neo Provinz (schwarz) und nach einem Tag hat es null Klebrigkeit: Verwirrt:. Ich claen mein Gummi mit Wasser und verwenden Sie eine Schutzfolie (nicht klebrig) zu der Luftfeuchtigkeit 40 ° ist. Was ist falsch ??? [/ QUOTE]
I made Olivenöil on the rubber now it is tacky:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hey,
I love my Hurricane 3 but it was a lot better when I first used it. My serves were super spinny, now it is way less although it's only 2 weeks old. I just put it in my bat case but now I read that for Chinese rubbers that's not enough.
What do you do to preserve its tackiness?

First day when I use hurricane 38 -40 degree provincial orange sponge . At first he lifted the ball after I clean with revolution nr3 cleaner and after I put a protective film with adhesive . After 2 hours I go training and I I'll try it , ZERO same like tenergy 😭 . Now I try to put some olive oil I hope it helps 😊