Upgrade my Mark V

This user has no status.
Hello Everyone,

I have Yasaka pre-assembled blade with Mark V on both sides. I want your suggestions on which rubber shall I upgrade to?
I like to loop from my forehand against backspin but it ends in net. I dont like making push/backspin rallies by forehand, so I usually try to loop with brushing action. With my backhand, I usually smash the looseball otherwise end up doing push rallies, no topspin. Kindly suggest rubbers for me. Also it should be good with Yasaka blade. Budget under$100 (including both rubbers).

Last edited:
i wouldn't waste money putting good rubber on a pre-assembled blade. there are plenty of good, cheap options for both rubbers and blades that will not cost a lot. here are a few examples :

- yinhe 896 blade (superb blade for the money and really good quality) : price from around 12euro
- yinhe w6 (by all accounts a great looping blade) : price also really competitive
- hurricane 3 neo for the forehand is really good at looping and can be bought for pretty cheap (could also be used on the backhand but is not great at flat hitting)
- a lot of the 729/yinhe/dhs cheaper rubbers would probably suite your backhand for very little money, although something like tackiness chop is pretty good too
- mark v, if it works well on your backhand is also an option as you know how it plays (depends if you like it on your bh or not)
- plenty of other options in the more expensive butterfly and esn ranges ... but price for one sheet of rubber being more than the blade + forehand rubber is a bit if-y imo

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello Everyone,

I have Yasaka pre-assembled blade with Mark V on both sides. I want your suggestions on which rubber shall I upgrade to?
I like to loop from my forehand against backspin but it ends in net. I dont like making push/backspin rallies by forehand, so I usually try to loop with brushing action. With my backhand, I usually smash the looseball otherwise end up doing push rallies, no topspin. Kindly suggest rubbers for me. Also it should be good with Yasaka blade. Budget under$100 (including both rubbers).

If you are struggling to loop backspin with FH and you push with BH unless there is a loose ball to slap, Mark V sounds like the right rubber.

Can you take a photo of the current setup? Or can you say what the name on the blade is?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Anyway, from your description, it sounds like:

Stiga Allround Classic or Stiga Allround Evolution with Mark V rubbers would be a good setup for you. When you are more comfortable looping backspin, moving up to a rubber like Xiom Vega Europe on the same blade would be fine.

This user has no status.
Thanks guys. I recently played a tournament this weeked. One oppnent was just looping the ball (FH) with very slow brushing action and when I was trying to block it, ball used to jump in the air. I did not understood how he was putting so much spin with slow brushing action. I wanted to ask him which rubber he uses, but he disappeared. I was able to beat him though. Any ideas which rubber he must be using?

no idea really without more information or pictures of the equipment. needless to say that this person obviously knew how to use their equipment to generate a lot of spin ... the important thing is that technique + equipment = results but the technique part is the most important as it translates to other equipment (engage sponge or brush). use the wrong technique with the equipment you have = bad results ... at least this is the way i currently see it.