Palio ak47 red

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Is this close to a tensor rubber? It is classified as a tensor rubber so I'm asking. If you had to compare it with another rubber which would you say it is similar to?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is this close to a tensor rubber? It is classified as a tensor rubber so I'm asking. If you had to compare it with another rubber which would you say it is similar to?

Technically, it cannot be a Tensor rubber, as that is a trademark of ESN in Germany and the Palio rubber is made in China.

However, Palio have had Tensor rubbers manufactured in Germany and are now trying to get as close to these with the AK47 rubbers, and it works quite well.

Expect a very grippy topsheet, in case of the red version a hard sponge and a reasonable speed glue effect. It cannot compete with newer and newest generation Tensor rubbers, but with a little adjustment the AK47 series is a good and cheap replacement for the Tibhar Genius/Aurus generation. You will still feel the Chinese roots, but I have never before played with a Chinese rubber that felt as easy and "normal" to me as the AK47 (I tried Blue, but if a harder sponge is ok for you, the effect should be the same with Red)

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Expect a very grippy topsheet, in case of the red version a hard sponge and a reasonable speed glue effect. It cannot compete with newer and newest generation Tensor rubbers, but with a little adjustment the AK47 series is a good and cheap replacement for the Tibhar Genius/Aurus generation.

I agree with you.

I have used AK47 red on stiff OFF+ blade and felt it was grippy. However, I felt it was too hard.
Also I heard from one distributor of Palio that the AK47 Blue is alright to boost as it isn't factory tuned whereas the Red one is factory tuned.
So the Blue version will be better on fast blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I agree with you.

I have used AK47 red on stiff OFF+ blade and felt it was grippy. However, I felt it was too hard.
Also I heard from one distributor of Palio that the AK47 Blue is alright to boost as it isn't factory tuned whereas the Red one is factory tuned.
So the Blue version will be better on fast blades.
What is the difference between the blue and red? Other than factory tuned

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Yes, Yellow is in the middle.
Blue: 38-40 degree sponge
Yellow: 42-44 degree sponge
I use both on the Stiga Clipper.
Blue - BH, Yellow - FH.

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe