FS:Hand crafted blade, 5-ply all wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
After several requests to purchase one of my blades, I thought I'd offer one for sale.

For sale: 5 ply Handcrafted blade. Koto - Douglas fir - ayous - Douglas Fir - Koto. 85g. 5.5mm. 149mm by 157mm head size. Flared handle with a thickness of 2.3mm and 3.4mm wide. The handle is made from beech, mahogany and ash with an Australian abalone inlay. It is then finished with a blend of varnish, mineral spirits and oil.
I have sold several of this composition with players describing it as off to off-. It has good speed with high control. As it is relatively thin it also has good flex. Cost 45 euros plus shipping. If you are interested please PM me.

IMG_0118.jpgIMG_0120.jpgIMG_0123.jpgIMG_0122.jpg

Feedback from players who use or have tried my blade comment on the following:
1) Excellent feel. I believe this is due to the veneering process that I use which is a combination of waterproof and non-waterproof glues which makes it different from mass produced blades. I also use well seasoned and high quality woods.
2) Large sweet spot with excellent control.
3) Excellent balance - I spend considerable time and effort removing the right amount weight from the blade tang and handle to ensure the balance is right. Although the same species, wood can differ considerably in weight and thickness, I alter each blade according to it's particular characteristics rather than having a set process.

If you wish you can view my blade making journey over the last year or so on another thread, in which time I have made 40 plus blades and adapted and significantly developed my skills and understanding. As my blades are handmade, if you look carefully you will see the odd imperfection, however I have high standards and if it doesn't pass those then I will use as a test or practice blade, I would not sell it. I am not planning to start a business or focussed on making money, I enjoy it as a hobby and I see this as an extension of that. If anyone is interested in a different composition please PM me as I particularly enjoy working with people on designing blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Great for loopers particular close to mid distance from the table. It's fine from distance too but I find some of my other 'thicker' blades are more powerful when playing from further. Having said that others find it works well from distance - obviously much depends on technique and playing style.
Not sure about the engraving, I don't have the tools unfortunately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Whilst on summer leave I've been busy making blades. This one is also for sale. It's 92g, 6.7mm thick, American cherry- limba - kiri and I would rate it as off to off plus. The inner veneer is placed at 90 degrees allowing for some flex. The handle is sycamore; yew; cherry and walnut.
45 euros plus shipping.

IMG_0159.jpgIMG_0160.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Nothing against you. The blades look very nice.

But you have to list a price for both blades. That is in the rules for selling in the forum.

Thanks for your understanding on this. Good luck.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Sorry Carl and no offence taken at all. I'll add the price. I think it's great someone keeps an eye on the forum otherwise it would be anarchy! Some eagle eyes you have there!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry Carl and no offence taken at all. I'll add the price. I think it's great someone keeps an eye on the forum otherwise it would be anarchy! Some eagle eyes you have there!

Thanks. The blades look beautiful. And you are selling them for a very inexpensive price. Good luck.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Whilst on summer leave I've been busy making blades. This one is also for sale. It's 92g, 6.7mm thick, American cherry- limba - kiri and I would rate it as off to off plus. The inner veneer is placed at 90 degrees allowing for some flex. The handle is sycamore; yew; cherry and walnut.
45 euros plus shipping.

View attachment 13845View attachment 13846

This one is sold now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Can u make according to my specs and can u add carbon layers
Can u pls also tell me what veneers is available or doable
Walnut rosewood hinoki
Ayous abachi koto kiri limba
I need 2 blades for me
What will be estimated shipping to hk [emoji1317]

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Hi
I don't currently make carbon blades but I am planning to do so in the future.
As for wood types I either have or can easily get hold of the following:
Cores: Ayous, Kiri, Balsa
Outers/medials: Walnut, limba, koto, rosewood, ash, cherry, ebony, spruce, douglas fir, pine, sycamore, sapele, oak, beech, mahogany, tine (similar to cherry but a deep red colour), ayous, cedar, willow and a few others too.

I work closely with the player to look at style and feel preferences to build a blade that fits the player and one that is aesthetically pleasing. Building to specific sizes, handle types etc is no problem either. This is the bit I really enjoy!

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
After several requests to purchase one of my blades, I thought I'd offer one for sale.

For sale: 5 ply Handcrafted blade. Koto - Douglas fir - ayous - Douglas Fir - Koto. 85g. 5.5mm. 149mm by 157mm head size. Flared handle with a thickness of 2.3mm and 3.4mm wide. The handle is made from beech, mahogany and ash with an Australian abalone inlay. It is then finished with a blend of varnish, mineral spirits and oil.
I have sold several of this composition with players describing it as off to off-. It has good speed with high control. As it is relatively thin it also has good flex. Cost 45 euros plus shipping. If you are interested please PM me.

View attachment 13834View attachment 13835View attachment 13836View attachment 13837

Feedback from players who use or have tried my blade comment on the following:
1) Excellent feel. I believe this is due to the veneering process that I use which is a combination of waterproof and non-waterproof glues which makes it different from mass produced blades. I also use well seasoned and high quality woods.
2) Large sweet spot with excellent control.
3) Excellent balance - I spend considerable time and effort removing the right amount weight from the blade tang and handle to ensure the balance is right. Although the same species, wood can differ considerably in weight and thickness, I alter each blade according to it's particular characteristics rather than having a set process.

If you wish you can view my blade making journey over the last year or so on another thread, in which time I have made 40 plus blades and adapted and significantly developed my skills and understanding. As my blades are handmade, if you look carefully you will see the odd imperfection, however I have high standards and if it doesn't pass those then I will use as a test or practice blade, I would not sell it. I am not planning to start a business or focussed on making money, I enjoy it as a hobby and I see this as an extension of that. If anyone is interested in a different composition please PM me as I particularly enjoy working with people on designing blades.

Price reduced to 40 Euros plus shipping. Happy to post worldwide and payment via Paypal.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Price reduced to 40 Euros plus shipping. Happy to post worldwide and payment via Paypal.

I've been busy making blades for players at my club and also trying a few different compositions so completely forgot this was still for sale. It's very similar to the one I made for TTD member Tropical who has posted a short review on my other thread. The difference being the koto instead of limba outer. This means it's a little quicker, more off minus. Open to offers too.

Last edited: