Which chinese rubber play like tenergy 05

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am afraid that nothing really plays like Tenergy. If you want something cheaper any of the Chinese rubbers that are trying to play like the tensor type rubbers are decent particularly for the money.

Dawei Inspirit
Air Illumina
Gambler Outlaw
Air Sirocco

There really are many that are decent, particularly for what you pay for them. But they are not like Tenergy, that is for sure.

And the rubber that is closest in performance to Tenergy are the Tibhar Evolution rubbers. They are not Chinese. They are German. But if you buy 4 at a time and know where to order, you can find them for about $33.00-36.00 USD. So, almost Tenergy performance with almost Chinese prices. Not exactly either. But.....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Thanks , but it is high price same as tenergy 05?
Maybe something lower price chinese rubber like focus 3 snipe ?

I said the same thing to my car dealer. Give me something that drives and feel like a Lamborghini, but I don't want to pay anything close to that price!

Sent me home in a prius... somehow, not quite sure I'm getting the same experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Just forget it. If anything was remotely similar, it would have spread like a virus.
Remember, only Butterfly sponsored players get tenergy for free.
The rest of the players that use it despite being sponsored by other brands have to pay (or trade).

So if any of my "i won´t mention the brand" friends for example would have found something that performs like tenergy they wouldn´t pay 57 Euro out of their own pockets for tenergy repeatedly, they would just choose the cheap alternative.

However, on a basic level where the players cannot squeeze the last 5 percent performance out of the rubber like the pros can, you will find more than enough playable rubbers that come close enough. I just don´t think any Chinese rubber is among them.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says what [IMG]
I said the same thing to my car dealer. Give me something that drives and feel like a Lamborghini, but I don't want to pay anything close to that price!

Sent me home in a prius... somehow, not quite sure I'm getting the same experience.
When talking about chassis performance and feeling, Lamborghini is not exactly the first thing to come to mind. The engineers know the cars are gonna be driven by rich people who can't drive worth anything, so they understeer like hell and are too safe for their own good allegedly.

I thought Ferrari is the shiny car brand, anyway. Their stuff handles, too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hi,

I read somewhere in the reviews that the Yinhe moon is similar to the T05. Might as well give that a try.

Nope not even close, to the extent that mentioning T05 and Moon in a single sentence is almost blasphemous! he he he Kidding aside, they are worlds apart and I was fooled into buying Moon for the same foolish reasons. The sponge of the Moon is the nearest thing to a T05 in 'appearance' that's all there is to it.

For TO5 on my FH I have found alternatives or next best rubbers and none are chinese. Here's my list: Andro Hexer HD, Tibhar 5Q, 1Q, Rasant, Acuda S1, S2, Baracuda. MX-P.
T05 on BH my best replacements are 5Q, Genius, Baracuda
Needless to say I play with TO5 BH or FH as I 'twiddle' and I also keep a Moon on my spare blade to remind me of my mistake.

Interesting.. i have recently bought a moon rubber.. intend to try it out on a boll ALC to find out the results.
Nope not even close, to the extent that mentioning T05 and Moon in a single sentence is almost blasphemous! he he he Kidding aside, they are worlds apart and I was fooled into buying Moon for the same foolish reasons. The sponge of the Moon is the nearest thing to a T05 in 'appearance' that's all there is to it.

For TO5 on my FH I have found alternatives or next best rubbers and none are chinese. Here's my list: Andro Hexer HD, Tibhar 5Q, 1Q, Rasant, Acuda S1, S2, Baracuda. MX-P.
T05 on BH my best replacements are 5Q, Genius, Baracuda
Needless to say I play with TO5 BH or FH as I 'twiddle' and I also keep a Moon on my spare blade to remind me of my mistake.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
What about XIOM Vega Pro, which is supposed to play somewhat similar like T05 and can be had at around 26 Euros (30 US $ or 41 Singapore $)

Indeed before Evolution MX-P appeared Vega Pro was (and by some still is) widely considered the best alternative. No pro would agree, but on most amateur levels it will do the job.

Reactions: fshimon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Has anyone tried the Giant Dragon topenergy hard or topenergy soft?
Haven't tried it yet, but i think the name shall suggest to be something in that category too.
Anyhow, i've got myself a H3 with the red/orange tenergy-like cake sponge and gonna test it probably next week on my backup blade. But before i be derailing too much, i think this deserves a thread of its own...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Late to the party on this thread but the ole "what plays like Tenergy" topic again when the answer has long been... Nothing.

But in the last year or so, at our club, many players have simply just gone to the Evolution series and called it a day. It's significantly cheaper and the quality from several members of club is that it's close enough in play. Particularly when you take into account that it's roughly 1/2 the price of Tenergy.

Think it goes for $36 on ttnpp. That's ridiculously cheap.... I'll probably be looking to pick some up soon from there I think.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin