Vladimir Samsonov changed forehand rubber. Does anyone know what it is?

This user has no status.
Hi, today i saw this picture on Vladimir Samsonov's facebook page. He seems to have changed his FH rubber. The sponge looks a bit like commercial Hurricane 3. Does anyone know what he's using now? Thanks.
20507779_1240942962684474_7683203827940470199_o.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Don´t speculate too wildly. Vladi is THE player loyal to his sponsor, so it should be something from TIBHAR.

That said, I can´t really think of any - serious - TIBHAR rubber with that sponge colour.

There is a Quantum X on the newest LARC, maybe he´s trying that? Previous Quantum rubbers are no competition for Evolution rubbers, but who knows ...

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm going to blow your minds.

It's Hybrid K1. Or K1+.

I know, I know. But still! It's tibhar, Vladi keeps messing with his rubber and cleaning it off (like it's tacky). It has the right sponge colour. And - crucially - you get a reasonable look at it when Vladi is messing round before serving at 3-1 in the Killzone. You can't make the logos out really, but the grouping of the logos, and the geometric shape of the middle logo, gives it away.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It's Hybrid K1. Or K1+.

I know, I know. But still! It's tibhar, Vladi keeps messing with his rubber and cleaning it off (like it's tacky). It has the right sponge colour. And - crucially - you get a reasonable look at it when Vladi is messing round before serving at 3-1 in the Killzone. You can't make the logos out really, but the grouping of the logos, and the geometric shape of the middle logo, gives it away.

Very possible indeed. Since I don´t know anything about these Hybrid rubbers I didn´t take them into consideration, but Vladi has tried Grip One before, which was just a Chinese rubber with a different label, and so a tacky yet elastic rubber with dynamic sponge makes sense.

This user has no status.
I'm going to blow your minds.

It's Hybrid K1. Or K1+.

Yes, it's Tibhar Hybrid K1 or K1+ (the rubber top sheets look identical, but the sponge hardness is different: 38-40 deg vs 39-41 deg) .
It has massive grip, semi-tacky, high throw, and plays like boosted H3Neo. The control is far better than MX-P, but it does not have the catapult
of MX-P. I don't think Hybrid K1/K1+ is boosted. But correct me if I'm wrong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I don't think it's boosted out of the packet, but of course you can boost it yourself. Maybe vladi is being a bit naughty, maybe Tibhar are doing it for him.

Is this rubber produced by ESN? If so then maybe ESN has done it Otherwise I could imagine that these guys here could do the job.

http://www.tt-tuning-center.de

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yup, K1 and K1 plus are ESN. The sponge is very reminiscent of Baracuda, or Adidas P7, but harder. The topsheet has the semi-tack you see on other ESN tacky rubbers like Xiom Tau. It's a great rubber, if you accept the hybrid nature of it. I would imagine that when boosted it can do an interesting job for a better player than me. It might become more popular now that a real-actual-I-can't-believe-it-pro has been seen using it.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yup, K1 and K1 plus are ESN. The sponge is very reminiscent of Baracuda, or Adidas P7, but harder. The topsheet has the semi-tack you see on other ESN tacky rubbers like Xiom Tau. It's a great rubber, if you accept the hybrid nature of it. I would imagine that when boosted it can do an interesting job for a better player than me. It might become more popular now that a real-actual-I-can't-believe-it-pro has been seen using it.

Thanks. I didn´t know that. Actually sounds pretty interesting to me. Too bad it´s nowhere to be found at TT-Shops over here. Maybe i have to order one from China or Japan (which doesn´t make a lot sense since it´s produced over here, but i guess there´s no other choice.)

Reactions: Jabugo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks. I didn´t know that. Actually sounds pretty interesting to me. Too bad it´s nowhere to be found at TT-Shops over here. Maybe i have to order one from China or Japan (which doesn´t make a lot sense since it´s produced over here, but i guess there´s no other choice.)

ESN do this with a few rubbers, Musa III China springs to mind. Made in Germany, Asia market only. I've had 4 sheets from ttnpp in total and ordering has been super-smooth.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
ESN do this with a few rubbers

Just to be clear, it isn´t ESN´s decision, but that of the brands. Some demand exclusive rubbers for certain territories. However, with places like ttnpp or others you can quite easily re-import everything of course.

An example: From everything I´ve seen, DHS Gold ARC 8 seems to be a nice enough made in Germany tensor rubber. But whereas in China this might be special, over here it´d be "me too". However, if you can buy it for 30 dollars plus shipping it might be an alternative to 49 Euro rubbers sold over here ...