What has become of us..sigh!

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
We should take a good hard look at this clip. It's the saddest thing that I had ever seen. My wife actually cried. It was uploaded on youtube 13 hours ago.
The incident happened at a market in China I think. The 1st driver didn't know what he hit, but 18 passer by just ignored the poor little. She's 2 years old and now critical in a hospital. She was finally noticed by a cleaner lady, and the way she handled her was even more shocking! Take a look and tell us what you think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
That's like impossible not to notice for the driver of the truck as well as for the passers. Seriously those people are monsters. I hope the government can use the camera videos to track those people and throw them in jail.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Actually, there been something very wrong in the Asia society. It happens alot that when the passer try to help these victims, in the end, they get accused by the victim's family that they are the one who injure the victim. This kind of case has been happened many times, especially one of a famous case in Taiwan. The passer/help got sued by the victim family for 3mil TWD, and the court decide he has to pay for the amount of money too.

yeah this is very sad, but sometimes, it just that the pay back of what the society has been done in the past.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah, this is super disturbing, especially since I am Chinese.

I hate to say it, but along with the amazing growth that has occurred in China, there has come a lot of horrible societal problems. This is what happens when a country becomes over obsessed with capitalism and greed.
The reason why no one helped is exactly what dici said. A while back, an old man fell from a bus, and the person who decided to help him, ended up getting sued, and the judge stated, if you were the one who pushed him, why did you help him. And therefore from that point on, when things like this happen, a lot of people decide its better to try to ignore it than actually help.

It's pretty insane, going from a communist state, where there was almost no crime, no prostitution, to now becoming more capitalist than most capitalist countries, China is now plagued with so many social problems. Prostitution is everywhere, crime is increasing like crazy, everyone is so overly focused on getting their own part of the pie, so focused on money, that they do atrocious things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yeah, this is super disturbing, especially since I am Chinese.

I hate to say it, but along with the amazing growth that has occurred in China, there has come a lot of horrible societal problems. This is what happens when a country becomes over obsessed with capitalism and greed.
The reason why no one helped is exactly what dici said. A while back, an old man fell from a bus, and the person who decided to help him, ended up getting sued, and the judge stated, if you were the one who pushed him, why did you help him. And therefore from that point on, when things like this happen, a lot of people decide its better to try to ignore it than actually help.

It's pretty insane, going from a communist state, where there was almost no crime, no prostitution, to now becoming more capitalist than most capitalist countries, China is now plagued with so many social problems. Prostitution is everywhere, crime is increasing like crazy, everyone is so overly focused on getting their own part of the pie, so focused on money, that they do atrocious things.

Won't they change a bit of that when things like this are published? When this is the result of the way judges interpret the law, I guess they will try and change things. But as u say that is indeed coming with the massive change China made in the past decades I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
That is just astonishing. I can't believe that no one would care about a little girl. I understand that there are some problems about who's the assailant, but I really hope that someone finds all of these people and shows them how terrible they acted. I suggest that especially the driver should be prosecuted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
That is just astonishing. I can't believe that no one would care about a little girl. I understand that there are some problems about who's the assailant, but I really hope that someone finds all of these people and shows them how terrible they acted. I suggest that especially the driver should be prosecuted.

I read on the news in the Netherlands (the video is world-famous) that those two drivers got arrested. Also the girl didn't make it...

Damn those people who does not know how to help in the name of LOVE (setting the law aside).
What if the chinese TT pros were in that situation? Will they even seeee??????????????? :mad:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Won't they change a bit of that when things like this are published? When this is the result of the way judges interpret the law, I guess they will try and change things. But as u say that is indeed coming with the massive change China made in the past decades I guess.

Yeah, the judge who basically started this type of decisions, is now getting trashed like crazy, so I hope something good comes out of this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
While the law can be changed, however, the humanities still will not change. It just not only in China, but like the case I said in Taiwan. Even though in the end the case got over ruled. But whenever the similar kind of accident happens, for most of the time, the bypass helper still got sued/accused by the victim family. Ironic isn't it?

Thanks good that I still have not yet see this happens in Malaysia, although the motorcycle robber already been the worst...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The way a Judge can interpret law made hundreds of years ago and still applicable in modern life the wrong way is amazing. In my country, in many places, (except Texas !!! Don't mess with Texas !!!) a robber, likely armed could force an entry into your house with intent to injure, steal, or possibly kill. Rules of engagement are clear that when such an individual enters your house at night, he/she did not enter by accident to have a friendly cup of coffee with you. these ROE allow you to take action to defend your house and the lives/health of those inside by using even deadly force. Criminals do not follow law and the law alone does not protect citizens. That is why from the early days of my country, we were allowed to defend our homes and property from even possibly our own government and any other possible threat acting wrongly. Now, the way many people are, many are not trained or responsible enough to properly handle the items that can be used to defend. Everyone walking around openly carrying a loaded pistol will not work in 2011 in my country so it is rightly banned. The home defense is a sham as in many states if you shoot a rapist entering your home, you will go to jail. (And likely get raped there)

It is so sad to see there is more incentive to do the wrong thing in this case, even if the natural inclination is to do well by helping. It is not necessarily a function of capitalism but of the culture and how certain things are handled, plus a lack of belief in one's word. That problem is also a growing problem in my country as well. It sure wasn't in 1800s era. You got killed or close to it for not living up to your word.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
While the law can be changed, however, the humanities still will not change. It just not only in China, but like the case I said in Taiwan. Even though in the end the case got over ruled. But whenever the similar kind of accident happens, for most of the time, the bypass helper still got sued/accused by the victim family. Ironic isn't it?

Thanks good that I still have not yet see this happens in Malaysia, although the motorcycle robber already been the worst...

Yeah, unfortunately it happens all around the world. Last year or so, I think in NYC, or some other big city in the US, a homeless guy was stabbed, and he just laid there on the sidewalk bleeding, and it was clear there was blood flowing from him, and yet none of the people walking past him cared whatsoever.

Its a sad fact that our world has become so revolved around money, that we become obsessed with the hustle and bustle of it all, everything is about rushing to the next task, finding ways to pay the mortgage, that no one bothers to stop take the time and just consider the path that humanity is taking, take the time to enjoy the little things in life, and take the time to do things for the benefit of our fellow man.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
This is what 60 years of Marxism coupled with capitalism brings us to. As a fellow Chinese, I find it very sad that greed and materialism and a just plain lack of strong moral conviction is just so common!

Yeah, China under communism was a lot simpler, more virtuous, etc. There was far less crime, far better people. Something like this would never happen 40 years ago.

This is what happens when you go from a society that concentrates on the group more important, helping the group helps yourself, improving society as a whole etc, to a philosophy that not only benefits but encourages selfishness, which is capitalism.

Is it not weird that on the one hand people in the US love capitalism so much, and the idea that you should look out for ones own interests first, but then in the same society, when you join a sports team they talk so much about being a team player, not just caring about yourself, but doing things for the team to improve the team as a whole.

Mar 2011
Its a sad fact that our world has become so revolved around money, that we become obsessed with the hustle and bustle of it all, everything is about rushing to the next task, finding ways to pay the mortgage, that no one bothers to stop take the time and just consider the path that humanity is taking, take the time to enjoy the little things in life, and take the time to do things for the benefit of our fellow man.

I can't agree with you more Scylla...it is a real shame. We are human beings, not animals. Even animals have compassion sometimes.