Evolution el-s or el-p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Can anyone compare this rubbers?

The naked facts are that EL-S on average has the harder sponge, but always the softer topsheet.

Due to variations in the production you might find EL-S "lower end hardness" with softer sponge than EL-P "higher end hardness".

EL-S should always feel more dynamic and it should be easier to generate spin on the first ball, whereas the whole characteristic of EL-P is more direct.

If you like the tense topsheet of EL-P you might want to stick to it, since EL-P is the only Evolution with that tense topsheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I've played with both rubbers, I can say that el-p version is faster and softer with higher throw angle than el-s version. El-s is slower, spinnier, harder with lower throw angle than el-p version. If you use a blade enough fast (off/off+) you can use el-s on forehand and el-p on the backhand side.

I've tested both of these rubbers on various blades over a period of about 3 weeks and I basically agree with the above text, although I found the EL-S to be definitely faster than the EL-P. Both great rubbers so I'm sure you'd have no issue getting along with either. For me I went with the EL-S fh and FX-S bh for that little bit of extra spin and speed that I found each to offer over the P versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
How durable of EL-S

The rubber I used before on forehand lasted from March to August, with 5 (sometimes more) practice sessions per week on average and lots of service practice. I changed it after it developed obvious slippery spots in the hitting zones. I still use it on my spare racket for robot/service practice.

This user has no status.
The rubber I used before on forehand lasted from March to August, with 5 (sometimes more) practice sessions per week on average and lots of service practice. I changed it after it developed obvious slippery spots in the hitting zones. I still use it on my spare racket for robot/service practice.

Did u use it on FH and how thin of sponge 1.9 or 2.1 . I very interest EL-S too much . How is it when compare with Rakza7 or MX-P

thnaks so much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Did u use it on FH and how thin of sponge 1.9 or 2.1 . I very interest EL-S too much . How is it when compare with Rakza7 or MX-P

thnaks so much.

Yes, I used it on my FH. Thickness is 1.9, I felt that 2.1 was too heavy. I can't compare it with MX-P or Rakza though.

Reactions: shat1478
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
The EL-S is slower than MX-P, but if you hove a fast swing it's just as lethal and much more controllable. It requires more effort to play fast loops, but it has a plenty of spin. If you play with Hurricane, you should go for EL-S rather than EL-P.
On the backhand it's extremely controllable compared with MX-P, but at first I felt it's slowness uncomfortable on BH, because I often hit the ball in Harimoto style rather than loop it. Now I decided to use it on the BH side, because it forces me to use more spin and gives me more consistency against heavy loops. It lacks a little catapult on BH side for hitting, but it's still a great rubber. Lifting backspin is very easy with EL-S compared to MX-P and it's great for killing opening loops. Also, since I use it instead of MX-P my counterloops are spinnier. I use max thickness. Durability is the same as MX-P. Feel free to ask!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Lifting backspin is very easy with EL-S compared to MX-P

Much emphasis was put on that exact poin during development.

Many players wished for a "softer MX-P". Because of its stiff topsheet (exclusive among all Evolution rubbers) EL-P couldn´t fill that spot.

EL-S became much more than a "softer MX-P" though, and you have identified one major selling point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Much emphasis was put on that exact poin during development.

Many players wished for a "softer MX-P". Because of its stiff topsheet (exclusive among all Evolution rubbers) EL-P couldn´t fill that spot.

EL-S became much more than a "softer MX-P" though, and you have identified one major selling point.

+ point for Tibhar that now I can loop wide pushes Ren Hao style :D