PDA

View Full Version : Rubber similar to h3 NEO boosted

yuri.saldon
08-06-2017, 08:22 PM
I've tried h3 neo and liked it, but lacks catapult.

I didn't like boosting so there is a rubber factory made similar to h3 NEO boosted?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

SFF_lib
08-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Sanwei Target National. Not as powerful but very close. I have played this rubber, it has German blue sponge with a tacky Chinese topsheet. Very well made and has great control and spin.

Passionate about TT

TTClassic
08-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Also considering trying Target National on the forehand, since I like Chinese rubber, want a little more zip, but also dislike boosting. I'm noticing Megaspin only has the red option now... any idea where I might find other dealers that are not e-bay, Amazon? Google isn't helping much! Thanks-

Ilia Minkin
08-06-2017, 09:23 PM
H3Neo unboosted is probably the closest rubber to H3Neo boosted.

SFF_lib
08-07-2017, 05:01 AM
Also considering trying Target National on the forehand, since I like Chinese rubber, want a little more zip, but also dislike boosting. I'm noticing Megaspin only has the red option now... any idea where I might find other dealers that are not e-bay, Amazon? Google isn't helping much! Thanks-

On ebay.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/311920995983

Passionate about TT

Suga D
08-07-2017, 06:27 AM
In case you feel uncomfortable buying at ebay, you can also get it from here:

https://www.spinfactory.de/belaege/target-national.html

yogi_bear
08-07-2017, 12:06 PM
please bear in mind that the sanwei target national is heavier than the h3 and has a lower throw or arc than H3.

TTClassic
08-07-2017, 01:22 PM
please bear in mind that the sanwei target national is heavier than the h3 and has a lower throw or arc than H3.

I've been playing dual inverted lately with a Joo Se Hyuk blade so I'm not to worried about weight for now lol. Throw angle will be something to get used to though. Thanks for the heads up!

SFF_lib
08-07-2017, 09:56 PM
please bear in mind that the sanwei target national is heavier than the h3 and has a lower throw or arc than H3.Thanks for the additional info. Do you remember how much heavier than H3? Did you compare it to boosted or unboosted H3?

I must say unboosted non-Neo H3 is dead and and throw is low-medium. Once boosted the throw angle is way higher you can still lift the ball from under the table.

Passionate about TT

SFF_lib
08-07-2017, 09:59 PM
I've tried h3 neo and liked it, but lacks catapult.

I didn't like boosting so there is a rubber factory made similar to h3 NEO boosted?

Sent from my 2014819 using TapatalkActually in Chinese forum a lot of people recommend Tibhar Hybrid K+. Chinese fans think it's very close to boosted H3 except that the topsheet is not as tacky.

The new Joola Golden Tango is completely made in Germany. Topsheet is promised to be tacky with a German sponge. I really want to try this one but I will wait for more distributors to stock it first.

Passionate about TT

TTClassic
08-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Tibhar K+ is supposedly the rubber Samsonov is rumored to be messing around with in that thread with the picture of him from T2 no? Interesting-

yuri.saldon
08-09-2017, 02:37 AM
Actually in Chinese forum a lot of people recommend Tibhar Hybrid K+. Chinese fans think it's very close to boosted H3 except that the topsheet is not as tacky.

The new Joola Golden Tango is completely made in Germany. Topsheet is promised to be tacky with a German sponge. I really want to try this one but I will wait for more distributors to stock it first.

Passionate about TTIt could be what I'm searching for

Thanks

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

yogi_bear
08-09-2017, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the additional info. Do you remember how much heavier than H3? Did you compare it to boosted or unboosted H3?

I must say unboosted non-Neo H3 is dead and and throw is low-medium. Once boosted the throw angle is way higher you can still lift the ball from under the table.

Passionate about TT

probably by 3-4 grams but depending on teh type of hurricane 3 version. if it is the h3 with a purple packaging it is lighter than the commercial h3.

Airoc
08-09-2017, 08:14 AM
In case you feel uncomfortable buying at ebay, you can also get it from here:

https://www.spinfactory.de/belaege/target-national.html

Where - if you can read German - you will also find no information whatsoever that it has a German sponge, as mentioned above.

It´s just said to be relatively dynamic, for a Chinese rubber.

Airoc
08-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Not only a rumour, it´s confirmed (don´t ask ...) BUT he only plays that rubber for promotional purposes during select matches of T2APAC, since K1 rubbers are only meant to be sold in Asia.

He by no means intends to replace his Evolution rubbers.

SFF_lib
08-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Where - if you can read German - you will also find no information whatsoever that it has a German sponge, as mentioned above.

It´s just said to be relatively dynamic, for a Chinese rubber.I read it is a German sponge on Chinese forum. It could be a mistake.

But STN sponge has way better control than even boosted H3. It's also very lively.

Passionate about TT

Airoc
08-09-2017, 03:08 PM
I read it is a German sponge on Chinese forum. It could be a mistake.

Some people probably refer to anything a little porous or Tensor-like as "German" to distinguish between typical Japanese and typical Chinese.
But I don´t think there is "typical" anymore, maybe just "traditional" ...

SFF_lib
08-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Some people probably refer to anything a little porous or Tensor-like as "German" to distinguish between typical Japanese and typical Chinese.
But I don´t think there is "typical" anymore, maybe just "traditional" ...True. I guess the only one that stands out from the crowd is the Tenergy sponge.

Its amazing feel can not be replicated by anyone on Earth.

If one day someone managed to combine Tenergy sponge with Hurricane-like topsheet, he will be a millionaire.

Passionate about TT

Astorix
08-09-2017, 10:03 PM
True. I guess the only one that stands out from the crowd is the Tenergy sponge.

Its amazing feel can not be replicated by anyone on Earth.

If one day someone managed to combine Tenergy sponge with Hurricane-like topsheet, he will be a millionaire.

Passionate about TT

i've heard the butterfly spinart is such a combination. Tenergy spring sponge+tacky topsheet.

SFF_lib
08-09-2017, 11:02 PM
i've heard the butterfly spinart is such a combination. Tenergy spring sponge+tacky topsheet.Spin Art has a much harder sponge than Tenergy, it's also more "dead", less feel.

Passionate about TT

yogi_bear
08-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Spin Art is a good alternative for chinese rubbers. at least it is as spinny but not as dead as unboosted h3

Suga D
08-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Spin Art is a good alternative for chinese rubbers. at least it is as spinny but not as dead as unboosted h3

That's also my experience. I still have one on one of my backup blades, but the SpinArt feels a little less tacky than H3, but due to the springy sponge it doesn't need to be boosted as much.

Renol
08-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Someone mentioned that Dianchi Type D rubber is quite similar to boosted DHS Hurricane 3 Neo rubber.

SFF_lib
08-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Someone mentioned that Dianchi Type D rubber is quite similar to boosted DHS Hurricane 3 Neo rubber.Yes, DianChi D plays at least equally well as the provincial H3 (surpassed H3 Prov in some aspects). The sponge is 1 degree harder though. So if you are used to 40degree H3, you need a 39degree DianChi D.

On Chinese forums many provincial players are using DianChi D now.

Passionate about TT

Renol
08-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Yes, DianChi D plays at least equally well as the provincial H3 (surpassed H3 Prov in some aspects). The sponge is 1 degree harder though. So if you are used to 40degree H3, you need a 39degree DianChi D.

On Chinese forums many provincial players are using DianChi D now.

Passionate about TT

I may consider to give it a try after my current DHS Hurricane 3 Neo.

Based on some professionals' advice, professional players can consider 40°, advanced amateur 39° and amateur 38°.