Avalox p700

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
I play the Avalox P500
It's a very good offensive blade with lots of control, but I would it recommend it to variable top spin players

The P700 is harder and swings less
It's a blade for straight attackers with power!
Shots and very fast top spins can be played easily

(The avalox P-series was designed for the chinese nationalteam and especially the P500 is suitable for chinese rubbers (this combo fits the european style a bit more)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Avalox P-700 has a very similar feel to the Stiga Clipper. The plies are very similar.

Stiga Clipper = Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba

Avalox P-700 = Limba-Meranti-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Meranti-Limba

The Avalox P-700 is a little thinner than the Stiga Clipper, a fraction lighter, and a little slower. Both blades are good for looping or smashing. The Avalox P-700 has that same feeling of snap that the Stiga Clipper has. But it has a little less punch. It has good touch and control for short game and gears that kick in when you attack. That is because of the soft, slow outer ply which is very thin and the more springy, faster inner plies which you feel only when you hit the ball harder.

It has a very similar feel to the Clipper but is a little slower and does not have quite the same punch or crispness. But it is an excellent blade, especially if you want to slow things down a tiny bit and get more spin for loop and short game.

This blade was designed for the Chinese team and works great with rubbers like H3 NEO.

Reactions: splasher78
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks sir carl. Isn't there a controversy about the old and new Avalox p700's? The old version being thinner and better for looping.

I thought that was the Clipper, They used to make Clippers at 6mm and now they are 7mm. The 7mm Clipper is heavier and faster and therefore a little better for smashing and not as good for looping. But it is still really quite good for looping.

But they might have done the same thing for the Avalox. I believe the Avalox blades are made in the Stiga factory where the old Banda blades used to be made as well. I could be wrong about that but I think that is the case. So it is possible they began to make the Avalox P-700 blades thicker also. They are still slower than the Clipper, not as good for hitting but better for looping. I have hit with a few. They were not old. :) It is the Meranti wood as the second ply that makes them not as fast as the Clipper. The speed difference is subtle. Not a lot. Very similar feel to the Clipper but slightly slower and not as much punch but a little more dwell time so you can get more spin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
WOOO !!
Meranti wood is native to my country :D and some neighbor country in S.E. Asia !

Anyway I have a reccomendation for Bryce !
LKT Instinct+
Cheap, controllable, excellent for looping, light, very good for smashing, 7-ply.
Don't get fooled by the price :)

For a looping machine, buy the 5-ply variant LKT Instinct (without +).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Im thinking about switching to a clipper or the avalox p700 as my timo boll w7 is quite heavy, stiff and not as great for looping...

If you like head heavy blades the Clipper with WRB is great. I have to say, I do really love how Clippers play. That is my favorite blade. But the ones without WRB are a little heavy. With WRB you lose a few grams and it might be worth it. Mine is 89 grams. I am still using this Cornilleau blade which I like but I will go back to my Clipper at some point.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Avalox P-700 is a great blade. I would go for it. If you know how to seal it I would do that. But I like the P-700 better than the Blue Thunder 777. So I would not get the one that Avalox has already sealed themselves. I would get the P-700 and use Minwax Wipe on Poly to seal the blade. It is very easy, protects the blade and does not change the playing characteristics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
This is quite informative, thanks.

Does anyone know whether the P700s sold these days still have the same composition as the 'old' ones, i.e. is the meranti ply still there, or has it been replaced by ayous and thus uduly clipperized? I seem to remember having read someplace that that is what transpired... hoping my memory is misleading me on this one.

Last edited:
says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
says Sorry I`m in Bulgaria (eastern europe) .
Apr 2017
I used to play P700 91 g , 92 f flared also have 95 grams with straight handle but just tested it once.
Also did have Clipper CR in 95 grams but new thicker version ~7mm.

P700 (91,92 grams) has much more feel and control than Clipper, at little lower speed.
I did not tested them with chinese rubbers (switched recently to Neo 3 Provincial 40 degrees orange sponge) cause i`m playing different blades now , but suppose will go well just + some booster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I have a early 2000's P700, not sure if that makes it new or old. Its in the same ballpark as Clipper Wood, slightly thinner, slightly harder, but more flexible than the clipper, with a bit more hollow feel. I find the P700 on the slow end of 7-plies. I prefer the Clipper.

If you want something in the same ballpark as clipper but lighter, try the Andro CS7 series. The CS7 Tour is pretty much the same as Clipper, but the CS7 Pro I tried briefly felt very good. A bit softer, but maintains solidity on hard shots, a great linear feeling blade.

Last edited: