Andro Rasanter r47 shrinks (alternative, no shrinking, esn, hybrid rubbers?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello i play at the moment with the Andro Rasanter R47 in ultramax and i am very happy with this rubber (good spin, high throw, nice topspins). But it lose its performance after the first time, you will feel the difference after the first time you hit with it and a week later.

But the big problem is that is shrinks dramatically when you want to reglue it. This is a major problem with Esn rubbers (like Tibhar Mxs and Mxp).

Do you now some Top Rubbers who don*t shrink, because i reglue very often???
(Playstyle topspin game, with backhand and forehand, good service and 3 Ball killing).

I will Test some Hybrid Rubbers like (Tibhar Hybrid K1 and K1+) and from Dhs the Goldarc 8. I will tell you if these rubbers will shrink or not.

Yesterday i testet the Joola Golden Tango (very good on the forehand but very bad on the backhand(no controll on flicks) and the Stiga Genesis M (very spinny on service but very little bit reactive)

With best regards and have a nice day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
try cutting the rubber BEFORE gluing it. when you glue it, do not press the roller too deep against the rubber.

A old coach of mine been doing that for decades
He would use a pen or pencil to trace and cut on the lines and then glue
It makes the cutting part so easy, but the gluing part does need a bit of concentration

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
try cutting the rubber BEFORE gluing it. when you glue it, do not press the roller too deep against the rubber.

In my experience that did not prevent MX-P from shrinking once you take it off the blade - pretty much immediately upon removing it. However, it never shrunk while it was still on my blade. I suspect it is a feature of the type of factory boosting they do. Not all rubbers do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes it shrinks but when it shrinks it is not smaller than the blade. It is better than having a rubber smaller than the blade head.

In the case of MX-P, the reason I knew that it shrank is because it no longer fit my blade! But it would not shrink on the blade.

It was possible to boost it back to the size of the blade. (By the way, I never apply any tension at all when I attach rubbers, and this is behavior that is not seen in Karis and in my experience of ~9 years, T05; rather it was a particularly noted feature of factory boosted rubbers like MX-P with a strong booster smell).

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
langel, this is for you to find and read this thread.

First - somebody above wrote that his tensors shrinked on the blade very soon after gluing, so it was my reaction to that.
Second - I play with new rubbers on my main blade for 40 hrs. After that I glue them to one of my 2 other blades. With each of these two blades I train different strokes for 30 minutes, after this first hour I train 1 more hour with my main blade. This way all my rubbers experience a total play of 80 hrs. They never shrinked, the spong is intact and the rubbers, even they have lost a lot of their properties, usualy look good enough to give them to some children in the club. For sure they look better and work better than 40-50 houred tenergys.

Hopefully it is useful for you to read this thread and then respond as you see fit.

I have definitely had Omega IV Pro & Europe; Vega Pro; Sigma II; and Omega V Pro all shrink. I personally was never bothered. But they definitely shrank for me.

Perhaps the ones you had were in the packaging long enough that the factory tuning had evaporated and the effect had worn off.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and langel
Ok, so what is the answer if different people have different experiance /more than 1 or 2 on each direction/ with one and the same product? In addition I will say that my little son the last 2 years plays with the same equipment as me and the observation on his tensors is the same as mine. Because he is young and curious he often makes useless gymnastics as moving rubbers from one blade to another just to "feel" the difference. Or to lackuer the kiso-hinoki and soon after to glue with bad result and to have to reglue next day, etc. But both of us have never experinced any shrinkage and/or degradation before or after regluing neither with Xiom Omega IV and V Pro, nor with Omega V Tour and Asia, or Vega Pro and Asia before.
But if its not the case with Xiom rubbers in other countrys, I really have to think that rubbers in Bulgaria are somewhat worse than abroad.

Perhaps the ones you had were in the packaging long enough that the factory tuning had evaporated and the effect had worn off.

That really makes sense and I'll try to clarify it for myself. But for more of 3 eyars? Maybe they Always sent to Bulgaria old rubbers.
It's a bad chance for me I couldn't take discounted Xioms from tt-japan to sea the difference. For now the price in Bulgaria is lowest but for sure I'll find a way to deliver fresh Xioms from abrod. And if they are boosted I should be even more happy, at least regarding performance, not durability.

I have discussed boosting Xiom tensors with players and trainors, as well as with my regional vendor. All of them told me not to do it, especially to rubbers I intend to play with on matches, and not because restrictions, but performance. The vendor even didn't want to sell me a booster untill I explained him that I intend to boost very old rubbers which to glue to other blades just for training, not for match playing, making a notice that the first boost will revive the sponge for a month, but in a way it will feel as something absolutely different with unexpected deviations in performance, and a second boost will ruin it. He told me that if I intend to play with chinese rubbers, he will help me to boost them with pleasure. For Xioms he advised me just to reglue them avery 3-4 weeks to keep them in shape and when I asked about shrinkage after regluing he told me to contact him, as this should not happen. So all this covers very much with my own experience.