Blade with very big Sweetspot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Hello I am new on these forum and i hope my english will be ok. I have testet very much blades and i search for a Blade (no 5 ply, because little sweetspot) with a very big Sweetspot because i hit my topspins generally on the edges of the blade like pro players hit with there service.

Therfore i need a blade with a large sweetspot.

At the moment I play with the Butterfly Innerforce Layer Alc or the Zhang Jike Super Zlc (big sweetspot) and Andro Rasanter R47 ultraxmax. My Playstyle is a good service, topspin with backhand and forhand from both sides, and mostly attack the 3Ball.

I search for a blade with a very big sweetspot, good spin for serving, looping (blade should be powerfull, flexy, high throw) and 3 Ball Attack.
I hope you could help me.

With best regards and have a nice day.;)

Gabriel

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hello I am new on these forum and i hope my english will be ok. I have testet very much blades and i search for a Blade (no 5 ply, because little sweetspot) with a very big Sweetspot because i hit my topspins generally on the edges of the blade like pro players hit with there service.

At the moment I play with the Butterfly Innerforce Layer Alc or the Zhang Jike Super Zlc (big sweetspot) and Andro Rasanter R47 ultraxmax. My Playstyle is a good service, topspin with backhand and forhand from both sides, and mostly attack the 3Ball.

I search for a blade with a very big sweetspot, good spin for serving, looping (blade should be powerfull, flexy, high throw) and 3 Ball Attack.

Gabriel

I’ve never used the Viscaria or the Jun Mizutani Super ZLC, but both have a pretty big sweet spot from what I’ve read, viscaria having more control and Jun Mizutani Super ZLC having more speed. I use the Zhang Jike Super ZLC, and I haven’t tried anything with a bigger sweet spot than that. But if you think you need a change, try one of those two. If your playing style is how you described it, you shouldn’t have a problem with your current blades, perhaps the rubber is what you need to change? I was using MX-P + Andro Rasant Powergrip and changed powergrip to a DHS skyline tg3 and I immediately felt improvement in my strokes. Equipment will always be subjective to the player...

Well, I don't think that you will find a blade with such characteristics + sweet spot larger than this of ZJ SZLC.
There are many blades somewhat similar to it, but all off them have sweet spot of same range. I don't know why you don't like it, as this sweet spot is absolutely enough, more than enough. Missing it means you have almost missed the ball and hiting it with the last 1.5 cm will be out of control for sure.
But anyway I can propose you some blades wich have nothing else but sweet spot.
Yinhe T-4 S9 - very hard with no flex at all. The fastest blade I've tryed. A real 3rd ball killer.
Palio TNT-1 - very hard with no flex at all. Very fast and a real 3rd ball killer too.
They have 100% of their surface a sweet spot and are smashing monsters, but if you miss the 3rd ball, most probably you'll not have a chance for a 5th, as they can't do enything else.
Another almost 100% sweet spot blade is Palio V-1, which is not so hard, semiflexible, but very fast. It is capable of some more things + the 3rd ball, but not much.
So you have to decide - if 100% sweet spot and the 3rd ball are more important, these 3 blades will do. And they are very cheap.
If you want to play, sometimes even after the 3rd ball, ZJ SZLC and similar have sweet spot more than enough.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Gabriel Groh said:
...and i search for a Blade (no 5 ply, because little sweetspot) with a very big Sweetspot because i hit my topspins generally on the edges of the blade like pro players hit with there service.

Firstly, welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good time while here.

Certainly you could try find a blade that is itself just one big sweet spot [from what i hear oneply hinoki blades seem to feel like that,] but that will help solve your issue only temporarily.

From my point of view you should rather try a different approach that might help you solve this permanently.

Now let me ask you a question and i would be quite surprised if no one has asked you this before,
but did you ever consider of trying to hit the ball more with the center of the paddle? Might be worth considering.

My point is, no matter if carbon or not, a shitty shot is a shitty shot, even if it might feel different 'cause the carbon's giving the feeling that it was a good one.

During speedglue times it was easier to tell from the sound if a ball was hit with the center of the paddle or not, but if you listen closely one can still hear if the ball was hit with the so called sweet spot or rather a little more edgy.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Joola T-Hold White Spot has the largest sweet spot of the world, but it is DEF MINUS speed.

BTY Joo Se Hyuk is actually an oversized attacking blade, but Joo made it famous for defense. That is your best option for a balance of large sweet spot and possibility of control.

Nexy LISSOM OVERSIZED is in the same characteristics class as the BTY JSH blade with different composition (white ash outer veneer) and different feel, a tad less top end and more control.

All the other OFF blades feel like a large sweet spot because of the composite composition, a ball stuck just about anywhere on the blade face feels like a great shot. That is deceptive for obvious reasons.

Korean Kim Jung Hoon constantly in his vids nearly every vid really beat the drum about striking the ball in the center of the racket. Why? The bat will "Shake" if not struck center of bat. He means the blade will turn at impact if not struck center on a forceful impact. This will make the shot very inconsistent.

I say that to say that the TRUE sweet spot of a blade is smaller than one would think. A larger blade truly has only a few more mm of sweet spot, it counts for something, but not everyone will want an oversized blade just for that - those who practice for hours and years tend to hit center of mass on their blade consistently and do not need a larger blade to "Cover-up" such a "weakness".

There is nothing like good feel of the ball to inspire confidence, but let's not go too overboard on how great the average composite blade makes shytty shots feel great.

Some composite blades have exceptional feel for the ball and control. Most do not. I would say that over time a player who develops sound fundamentals and has years of experience can better discern what will feel right and work for them.

This user has no status.

Gabriel

??? I say that would be counter productive. [emoji28]

Well, yes, Optimum COR Area can be achieved by putting something hard in or in from of the blade, and,

Its central position roughly the same as blade COG, assuming no hole inside the blade, and,

Hitting blade on sweet spot is satisfying, but,

That spot also minimise dwell time, which also minimise Your chance in creating spin.

And top spinning using outer part of the blade is a good thing, cause it move the fastest.

So, before changing the blade,

Experiment with lead tape with glue layer from golf store, and try either of:

- Wrap it on farthest part of the handle to bring COG closer to handle, raising dwell time on the blade edge, [emoji6] or
- wrap it on top edge of blade, to bring COG closer to blade edge, maximising feel on the blade edge. [emoji6]

And see which one do You like [emoji28]

Note.

COR = Coefficient of Restitution AKA how springy the blade is.

Optimum COR Area = Sweet Spot AKA area in the blade where COR exceed threshold'

COG = Centre of Gravity AKA the blade balance point when assembled. To find this, balance Your assembled blade on top of the ball.

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: langel