says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Title tells.
What's your favourite shot?
Here's mine:
[Emoji2]

That amount of sidespin is just phenomenal.

hahaha. Sidespin hook around the net like in the video for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
If you want to see a perfect hook, watch this: http://coub.com/view/olz3j.

My personal favourite is this one.

Oh the fade. I do like that. Primarily because I wish i had that shot in my bag.

As a penholder, I can easily drop the head of the blade to get a nasty hook but with penhold, you just can't bend your wrist back like that like you can shakehand for the fade.

I've seen Xu Xin do that shot (the fade) from time to time and I think it basically takes getting really low, almost pirouetting as you come across and on the very back of the ball. IDK.

But yes that is a good one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I also like the banana flick very much, it is my favorite shot after the down the line fade. The reason I like that fade is that the ball is directed solely by the wrist action, so most players usually get frozen until the last moment and don't react until it is too late.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
My favourite is the Ma Long chop block

Kenta is another master of chop blocks and great touch-shots. All of these could be my 'favourite' shot:

OFF: He was, is, and will be my favourite player forever. The reason is his creativity and that he is developing his style despite he started at a very young age and now he is 26. I think he can develop because he didn't stop to enjoy TT - every time he plays, you can see the smile on his face.

Reactions: Clu37 and Suga D
I like shots that have a lot of sidespin too.
Point starts at 13:16

Kenta's side/chop block is also very cool.

It's one of my favourites too, but I can't do it well, shame on me.
But my son is doing it with great success in all variations - FH, BH, clockwise and counter-clockwise, hand up and hand down.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Mine is a backhand side spin around the net, it doesn't happen often though :D

Not that much since Maze retired, I guess.

I had to dive for a ball that clipped the net and then just caught the side edge of the table, bouncing sideways. I was halfway spinning it, but had to mend and make do and resort to a long chop. Which sailed cleanly past the net, slid horizontally across the table then scratched itself back towards the net just before reaching the back of the table.

Funny thing is, when I hit it I knew instantly and with certainty that this is how it would play out. But, no vid and no pix so it didn't. Alas.

Reactions: Suga D