What is the best way of prolonging the life of Tenergy?

I use donic's rubber cleaner. Using the second sheet of T05 these days the first one was good for about 4 months.
Can anyone tell me what are the best ways of prolonging tenergy? What cleaner to use and when to use it? And do protective sheets on the rubber make it last longer? If so can someone tell me the best one to use?

Thanks

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I have been playing Tenergys for a long time now and I have figured out that they last longer the less you play with them. So reducing your training increases their durability.

If you don't want to do that I'd recommend to still do nothing special.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Read 1 reviews
I have been playing Tenergys for a long time now and I have figured out that they last longer the less you play with them. So reducing your training increases their durability.

If you don't want to do that I'd recommend to still do nothing special.

Lol no sh*t . Doesnt all rubber last longer when you play them lesser xD

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I use donic's rubber cleaner. Using the second sheet of T05 these days the first one was good for about 4 months.

Monster actually pointed out that most of the rubber cleaners have chemicals in them that cause the rubber molecules to break down and lose their elastic qualities. He said it differently. But that is the case. So a chemical put on to the rubber surface for cleaning will make the topsheet become brittle more quickly.

Lol no sh*t . Doesnt all rubber last longer when you play them lesser xD

Well, the ones that are factory tuned have a significant drop-off in playing characteristics whether you use them or not. So I get what Xylit meant.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks everyone.

Are the adhesive protective films good to use?

A film of plastic whether adhesive or not is okay. It actually does do something to protect the topsheet by making it so less oxygen comes in contact with the topsheet. When rubber breaks down, it is usually from a process of the molecules becoming oxygenated.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
You don't need to use a protector sheet but it won't hurt anything either. Just clean with water after play, keep in a case and out of extreme temps and sun. Should last several months depending how many hours per week you play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
+1 with monster comment
You can use a simple transparency sheet, the one use in overhead projectors. Afta cleaning with sponge and tap water let it dry for a few mins then carefully place the sheet slowly removing bubbles

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
+1 with monster comment
You can use a simple transparency sheet, the one use in overhead projectors. Afta cleaning with sponge and tap water let it dry for a few mins then carefully place the sheet slowly removing bubbles

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I use a clean sponge sprayed with distilled water and then place the paddle in a zip-lock bag to keep air out as much as possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
point is clean the topsheet off the dust with something that is not going to react with the rubber and prevent further oxidation when you are storing it , I would presume water is the best and most easily available in this case , whether you use soap or alcohol based products they will react to the rubber .... the only thing I have against the sticky plastic sheets is that they accumulate dust over time and it will affect the rubber one way or the other ... so I would go with anything non sticky and clean , clean sponge and water ... I like the ziploc solution , its simple and effective ...

Whatever you do to protect the rubber it always get covoured with fat /grease/ well messed with salty sweat and dust.
It not only helps degradation, but significantly corupts the thin top structure of rubbers with a "dynamic friction" or kind of that layer.
To clean my rubbers I use a drop of dish-washer liquid desolved in some 50 ml of water. After that rinse well. Soap layer is not good too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hahahaaa
[Emoji2]
I remember having a big discussion on this a year ago or so, so i won't start it all over again...
Anybody who is interested can read through the thread.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?14136-Cleaning-rubbers
All i will say is that i use some foam cleaner for my T05 and Reach rubber wash or Kokutaku bluetenkirsche for my tacky rubbers plus plastic sheets and my coach said that my T05 is still usable. After eight(!!) months with 2 - 5 times playing per week. But i usually change my bh rubber every six months.

1.600x600.jpg
IMG_20161020_231957.jpg

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep, in the end, it does not matter what you do. And Tenergy lasts longer than most, everything that is not tacky. Tacky rubbers can last forever compared to non-tacky rubbers.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I saw that discussion Suga D, but I am not really a fan of Spin Refresh ... it does increase the grip on the topsheet for a while but it does wear out the rubber faster. One thumb rule I have seen using these products is that they make the topsheet brittle faster and the topsheet starts falling off pimple by pimple from the edges
Hahahaaa
[Emoji2]
I remember having a big discussion on this a year ago or so, so i won't start it all over again...
Anybody who is interested can read through the thread.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?14136-Cleaning-rubbers
All i will say is that i use some foam cleaner for my T05 and Reach rubber wash or Kokutaku bluetenkirsche for my tacky rubbers plus plastic sheets and my coach said that my T05 is still usable. After eight(!!) months with 2 - 5 times playing per week. But i usually change my bh rubber every six months.

View attachment 14010
View attachment 14009

Reactions: Suga D and langel