Technique at Euro's

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Did anyone notice how much Timo's forehand swing has lengthened? Maybe he's finally listening to his Chinese Coaches? I mean he's still got his shorter swing near his elbow if he needs it, but his wider swings have gotten a hell of a lot more powerful.

And while I did post something before. Let's not forget Karakasevic, upset of the singles event imo against Stegar. Stegar was all like wtf? He's 100 and I'm 19 in ranking how did that happen?

I'm like dude Alexander lose 20 lbs and train with guys like Timo or anywhere in China and you could come back from your retirement.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Any videos and particular times in the video where Timo Boll does this Richard?

I must admit Timo Boll looks a lot stronger moving around the table and his legs seem to have gotten bigger

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yeah I noticed his strokes seem stronger, probably because he lengthened his swing indeed. Interesting :D With his reflexes he should get in time trouble less often than other players with similar length of strokes. Let's hope he can do some great things at the Olympics!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It's in all of his his matches Dan. I was watching and just noticed that instead of him blocking from his wide he was countering more and then would set up for a fairly lengthened loop. If you watch him say in 2010 you can see a clear difference. His stroke is normally near his elbow, but at this ETTC he all of a sudden started looping things outside of his comfort zone. I mean even though it's approx another 6 inches out we have to remember that our sport is all about micro management and millimeters. So 6 inches is Huge for Timo. It may just give him the edge at next years Olympics if he can continue the strength on those shots. It would mean he doesn't have a weak wide forehand anymore and that would be huge.