New DHS 40+ Ball - TTNPP (Is it fake or is it real?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hello there; as the title suggests, I am looking to buy a couple of box's of the new DHS ball from TTNPP given that their postage is vastly superior to others however, my concern is that the balls could be fakes give that they cost £2.71 for 6 which to me, seems insane.
Typically I play with the Nittaku Premium (Japan) however I want to give these a try; the price for Nittaku premium seems reasonable on the site but given the price these new balls are selling for on Amazon/DHGate, £2.71 for 6 just seems way too cheap (link below).
http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/868-dhs-new-material-cell-free-dual-40-d40-3-stars-ball-39.html

Many thanks in advance!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Just be sure you get the DN-picture boxes, not the old ML boxes. What's insane is that Nittaku charges 5-6x the DHS price for a ball that is no better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
The only thing i've seen on D40 is that the red/black logo stamps are not "perfectly" alligned with the TTNPP balls at least not like in the picture. They seem to be different between different packs of D40+ as well (on one pack the color of the red was very faded).

If that makes them fake I have no clue but i'm guessing that is just from them using 2 different stamps for the black and red color so they are never perfect? Either way the quality of the balls have been good in all packs I have got.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Yes the price is insane and they are real ... they are almost as good as the nittaku balls, there are slight differences .. .other than that they are much more superior to the Ma Long ones .. have fun .. .
Hello there; as the title suggests, I am looking to buy a couple of box's of the new DHS ball from TTNPP given that their postage is vastly superior to others however, my concern is that the balls could be fakes give that they cost £2.71 for 6 which to me, seems insane.
Typically I play with the Nittaku Premium (Japan) however I want to give these a try; the price for Nittaku premium seems reasonable on the site but given the price these new balls are selling for on Amazon/DHGate, £2.71 for 6 just seems way too cheap (link below).
http://ttnpp.com/store/3-stars/868-dhs-new-material-cell-free-dual-40-d40-3-stars-ball-39.html

Many thanks in advance!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It takes time for people to make fakes and these balls just came out. The ones I bought from them play great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
the new ones I just received have a much slimmer seam and play worse! What happened? Did DHS change the manufacturing or did I get fake ones this time?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
IMG_1406.jpg

check this out, right is old, left is new one with slimmer seam

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This is a pretty convincing picture. That is interesting, suggests there has been a change in how they make the balls. Bear in mind, though, that the Nittaku Premium also has a very very thin seam, so much so that you kind of hold it up to the light to see it. I wonder if they licensed the technology to do that from Nittaku, who have a patent for it. I am going to look at a couple of different batches I have received to compare.

Edit added.

I am glad Fabian posted it because it indicates that there really is something going on here.

After seeing this, I went and checked the balls I have. All of the ones that I have that were made in February 2017 have a thicker seam. They are good.

Also checked a recent DHS rebrand that a friend of mine brought back from a guy in Europe who plans to distribute them under the label "Red + Black" (not yet ITTF approved). It plays pretty good, also has a thick seam.

Another thing I sometimes wonder is if ttnpp occasionally sells products that are "seconds" that were not meant to be sold.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Maybe i received fake ones, not sure. I bought from TTNPP. The good ones were from there, too though.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes. I certainly hope DHS has not made good balls crappy now. We will know soon enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Last edited: