Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Swedish Open 2011 - ITTF Pro Tour, 19 - 23 October 2011, Stockholm, Sweden

Well if we couldn't get enough of last weeks table tennis action which included the European Championships and the Chinese National Championships we have plenty more left in store! Tomorrow begins the ITTF Swedish Open Pro Tour!

The best meet yet again in Sweden for another series in the ITTF Pro Tour line ups! Below is the list of the top 10 seeds playing with the exception of Timo Boll who has not entered. This is most likely a rest after the ETTC. Vladimir Samsonov has also not included himself in the draw. This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started and start discussing the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event!

ma_long2_25_09_11_Large.jpg

Photo by: Remy Gros

Wang Hao enters as the number 1 seed. However the last ranking list published on October 2011 has Ma Long at the top spot of the world. This competition will be intense. Who wil win?. Can Ma Long repeat the forum he has shown in winning the last 5 majors in 50 days! Ma Long has been in amazing form over the last 2 months winning the China Open, Austrian Open, Asian Cup, and the Men's singles and team at the Chinese National Championships 2011.

Lets not forget the reigning WTTC Zhang Jike and previous world number 1 Wang Hao. They have a shot for the title and have beat Ma Long in the past. Could Ma Lin produce the form he was showing a few months back in the Chinese Super League?

Jun Mizutani is a very reliable and safe athlete, perhaps he could cause some surprises. And lets not forget the one and only Wang Liqin!

Top Men Singles:

1) Wang Hao
2) Ma Long
3) Zhang Jike
4) Ma Lin
5) Jun Mizutani
6) Wang Liqin
7) Gao Ning
8) Seiya Kishikawa
9) Tang Peng
10) Kaii Yoshida

Many other top players have entered including the likes of Jorgen Persson, Koki Niwa, Marcos Freitas and lots more!

guo_yan_06_10_10_Large.jpg

Photo By: Lin Cheeshen

Womens Singles

1) Guo Yan
2) Ding Ning
3) Guo Yue
4) Liu Shiwen
5) Kasumi Ishikawa
6) Ai Fukuhara
7) Hirano Sayaka
8) Tie Yana
9) Wu Jiaduo
10) Jiang Huajun

So what are your predictions of this event! Will Ma Long make this tournament is 6th major win in 3 months? Can experienced players stop him including the likes of Wang Liqin, Ma Long and Wang Hao

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Second round will be interesting, I remember Ma Long losing pretty bad to Chan Kazuhiro..
But if he beat him, it will be another Zhang Jike vs. Ma Long final..
That will be soooooo awesome!!!

I hope Ma Long wins it :)

Round 3 Wang Hao vs. Yan An .. I think Wang will win this time..
Mizutani will face Wang Hao in quarterfinals..
Wang Liqin will play Zhang, that will be quite interesting :)

We will see, I hope it will be a great tournament :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Second round will be interesting, I remember Ma Long losing pretty bad to Chan Kazuhiro..
But if he beat him, it will be another Zhang Jike vs. Ma Long final..
That will be soooooo awesome!!!

I hope Ma Long wins it :)

Round 3 Wang Hao vs. Yan An .. I think Wang will win this time..
Mizutani will face Wang Hao in quarterfinals..
Wang Liqin will play Zhang, that will be quite interesting :)

We will see, I hope it will be a great tournament :)

Ma Long won easily against Chan at Chinese Super League this season ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I'm glad someone finally put Wang Liqin back in the polls. Personally I'd hope for a WLQ upset. He's been slow these past few tournaments and he's been more reliant on his backhand, but if he can just get the energy to get that forehand back into the point I know he has the skill to beat anyone on the Chinese National Team. It's all a matter of how much stamina he can muster. Hopefully soon he'll be able to figure something out.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think Ma Long and Zhang Jike are really the two best players. I think that might be the showdown. If they play, I will not really care which one wins. If Zhang Jike wins it will nice for him to win against Ma Long who he has had trouble against although he has been very close the last two times. And if Ma Long wins it is several tournaments in a row where he is dominant. Of course there are other players who could pull an upset and win and in sports, anything can happen. But Ma Long and Zhang Jike are the real front runners in my opinion. Wang Hao is a small notch below them, Ma Lin is a small notch below Wang Hao and everyone else is decently lower than Ma Lin. After Ma Lin there is a drop off.

Last edited:
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
TTDaily member and my good friend Sarah Her-Lee is up against World Champion Ding Ning in the first round!
http://matthetherington.blogspot.com/2011/10/wild-card-vs-world-champion.html

Also from my corner of the woods, Michelle Beaumont from Australia is up against Kasumi Ishikawa and of course my good mate William Henzell is setup against Sharath Kamal Achanta. I think Henzell's match will be a good one to watch, I really think he can pull this one off if he hits good form. Good luck guys! :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
2 uploaded matches so far guys!

This match is awesome! I think Simon Gauzy is going to have a good table tennis career! Such a good all round player!

Check the shot by Simon at 2 minutes in on the video!