This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Guys a lot of grim settling after play and cannot be cleaned
Due to tacky rubber how do we clean without using organic solvents [emoji848]
Pls advs fast As i have a tournament on loop [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just water and a sponge ro clean. Apply NON adhesive protective sheet on the rubber when it's still wet.

Next time when you peel off the protective sheet you will know tha tackiness is still strong

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
On a totally different note that has no relation to this thread at all, what is your opinion on the Fang Bo 2 in comparison with the HL5. Naturally, I have my own opinion on these matters however I'm curious to get your input given that you use this blade and that I was very close to purchasing it and simply using National rubbers on it to make up for the fact that it's koto and a bit harder than the long 5. I would also like to know how long you have had it? I love the Long 5 and it will always be what I play with but I'm interested to purchase one of these Fang Bo's as, given his performance at the trials and at the National games, they might not be around for that long especially as they're quite popular

I've used a tiny bit of diluted washing up liquid. Like was washing dishes and used the water...soap isn't a solvent, so should be fine with tournament. Pretty sure they test the presence of voc in glue, and nothing to do with the top sheet.

Reactions: OhWell
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Water should work. Hard to tell without seeing the blade. I take it you checked already, but just to be sure: it could be what you are using to wipe the rubber leaving eg pile behind (worth trying something else to be certain).

If that fails, I know some seem to favor slightly soapy water. Not sure what's best though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
25e31ee050069b384c96882328c00efc.jpg

The grim on h3neo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It looks to me like you got some glue or something on there. But I don't really think it would be a problem. You might be able to use your thumb to gently rub it off and then clean with water. But I wouldn't bother. That is cosmetic. I doubt it will affect the performance of the rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
On a totally different note that has no relation to this thread at all, what is your opinion on the Fang Bo 2 in comparison with the HL5. Naturally, I have my own opinion on these matters however I'm curious to get your input given that you use this blade and that I was very close to purchasing it and simply using National rubbers on it to make up for the fact that it's koto and a bit harder than the long 5. I would also like to know how long you have had it? I love the Long 5 and it will always be what I play with but I'm interested to purchase one of these Fang Bo's as, given his performance at the trials and at the National games, they might not be around for that long especially as they're quite popular

I can't compare them, because i only played the fang bo 2. But i am very pleased with it. Bought it new on eBay for around 50$, for that Money its a real bargain.

Back to the topic: after some glue jobs, when a little bit of glue got over the edge of the sponge and later was at the Edge of the topsheet, i always could get it off by rubbing very very gently and carefully with my thump or any other finger of choice.