Weight of Tenergy 05 and 25 v 05fx and 25fx

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Be grateful for some advice.

Recently changed my 2.1mm T25fx and T05fx to T25 (red) and T05 (black). My bat now seems to weigh considerably more, haven't had a chance to put it on any scales as don't have any to hand. Feeling the added load more on my (T25) backhand.

My question is: are the T05 and T25 both heavier than I'm used to? Definitely want to keep the T05 but if it's heavy on its own that will be an issue.
I should probably persevere with T25 after spending the cash but am considering T80 or a return to T25fx. Would T80 2.1 or 1.9 still be weighty?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Fx is more or less 3 to 5 grams lighter. So for a pair that would be more or less an additional 8 grams and that is huge weight shift. T80 is between t64 and t05. T25 is heaviest. You can try to replace t25 with t80 or thinner t05. You have lots of options.
Approximate weight cut on viscaria
T25 51g
T05 49g
T80 47-48g
T64 46g

Well, I really can't get the sense to avoid weight by replacing rubbers with some with differenet weightq but with a different "character" too. It's nonsense.
If you care about weight, there are several aspect you would mind to - blade weight, blade ballance, type of glue, rubber position from the handle, other ballancing procedures. If you mind the rubber characteristics, you should consider the rubber-blade synergy and eventually apply some ballancing.
Somewhen and somewhere during the process you could find the "precious" setup.
But if you change rubbers just because of the weight problem, you do nothing, but just a mistake /most probably, as their is a slight chance to hit the jackpot/