Sanwei BY1091 blade + Gewo Reflex Speed + Gewo Nanoflex FT45

This user has no status.
Hi guys.
This is my first video review
Blade : Sanwei BY1091
Rubbers : Gewo Reflexx speed and Gewo Nanoflex Ft45

The entire review was shot using my one plus 3t using cinema fv5 app.
Since this is my first attempt, the video quality is far form being a professional review. Any inputs on how to improve for future videos are appreciated

Enjoy the review

The Verdict:

The Sanwei BY1091 was very well designed by Sanwei - It is surprising that 19 layers (10 wood and 9 soft carbon) has been clubbed together without increasing the thickness of the blade. Sanwei has proven their marksmanship in blade creation by producing wonderful blades over the years.

The Gewo rubbers are ESN based Tensor rubbers manufactured in Germany and their performance in on par with the ever so popular Butterfly Tenergy and Tibhar Evolution series of rubbers, but are much more affordable than the latter.

Overall the blade combined with 47 deg Hard sponge Reflexx Speed on the Forehand and 45 deg Med-Hard spongeNanoflex FT45 on the Backhand provides excellent offensive capabilities both in terms of Spin and Speed.A beast of an equipment for those who like to play 'Agressive and Fearless'

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The Gewo rubbers are ESN based Tensor rubbers manufactured in Germany and their performance in on par with the ever so popular Butterfly Tenergy and Tibhar Evolution series of rubbers

You will not find many people who´ll agree.

Nanoflex 45 is a nice enough medium rubber but way inferior even to GEWO´s own new HYPE rubbers, of which I´d say the XT PRO 50 version rivals other top products, but is considerably difficult to play.

Reflexx Speed has been around since 2010 and one of the reasons why tenergy 05 has been established as a world wide standard is that no-one at that time had anything that came remotely close.

But good for you if you like them.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Nice review ... nice play.
But there is nothing like "Soft carbon "
And no drop-shots on video ... maybe you mean "Push"
Keep testing .... i like it

Last edited:
Reactions: sarvo4u
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Since this is my first attempt, the video quality is far form being a professional review. Any inputs on how to improve for future videos are appreciated

Enjoy the review

I did. A lot. Nice and complete format. The "unboxing" part took a bit long to my taste, and the explanation on blade construction and carbon types didn't quite convince me. You covered a good range of areas, using a nice "show, don't tell" approach.

However, sometimes it might help to be clear about what you're showing. I think you focused on the suitability for direct play of the Reflexx and on its trajectory/dwell when spinning, and you definitely showed the dynamics and spin capabilities of the FT45. Since you're reviewing a blade and two rubbers in a single go, that does get some insights on the relative qualities of these rubbers, but as always you can't factor out what part the blade and what part the rubber brings to the table. As a matter of methodology, I tend to prefer a "ceteris paribus" approach and examine a single factor at the time. So I test new rubbers with blades I know well, and new blades with rubbers I know well. I hope to gain a more distinctive understanding that way.

In gameplay, I thought the player in blue/grey (Sanosh?) showed admirable technical ability. Fun to watch.

Then, the conclusions by the players. I liked that part, with the players relating their experiences with the gear clearly.

Thumbs up!

This user has no status.
I did. A lot. Nice and complete format. The "unboxing" part took a bit long to my taste, and the explanation on blade construction and carbon types didn't quite convince me. You covered a good range of areas, using a nice "show, don't tell" approach.

However, sometimes it might help to be clear about what you're showing. I think you focused on the suitability for direct play of the Reflexx and on its trajectory/dwell when spinning, and you definitely showed the dynamics and spin capabilities of the FT45. Since you're reviewing a blade and two rubbers in a single go, that does get some insights on the relative qualities of these rubbers, but as always you can't factor out what part the blade and what part the rubber brings to the table. As a matter of methodology, I tend to prefer a "ceteris paribus" approach and examine a single factor at the time. So I test new rubbers with blades I know well, and new blades with rubbers I know well. I hope to gain a more distinctive understanding that way.

In gameplay, I thought the player in blue/grey (Sanosh?) showed admirable technical ability. Fun to watch.

Then, the conclusions by the players. I liked that part, with the players relating their experiences with the gear clearly.

Thumbs up!
Thanks.
Yes it makes sense to keep a standard blade for testing and then test the rubbers and vice versa.
Currently i'm using the DHS Ma Long 3 blade. I also have timo boll alc and stiga Infinity at my disposal. What would you recommend i use for future rubber reviews.
In planning to do a review of the Sanwei T88-Taiji Plus 2017 and Sanwei A+ Light Wei rubbers.
Also agreed on the lengthy unboxing part. I'll have to trim it down.

Regarding Soft Carbon and Hard Carbon (3k carbon) : Sanwei catalogue mentioned these types of carbon they manufacture.
I had previously tested two blades from Sanwei Hinoki Carbon series, the HC-3s and HC-5s. Both had similar construction of wood veneers, HC-3s had 3k carbon and had more direct trajectory with less dwell while HC-5s had good dwell with less direct trajectory.
Comparing this to the Arylate carbons, I can say, Dwell : ALC > Soft carbon > Hard carbons and vice versa for direct shots

47599a014225a82302d7146e9a9e1c49.jpg
472f8ca6251874869d6a7e96d542ee75.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
According to a few manufacturers, there is.

Whether due to the construction or glueing of the layers their respective blades should be called XYZ Carbon Soft instead of XYZ Soft Carbon, I dunno.

Carbon isn't just an entry in the periodic table of elements. :rolleyes: We don't have slabs of carbon in blades, but meshes of carbon fibers in a particular weave (note, a fiber is already a particular weave). Weaving and weave properties are topics definitely beyond basic algebra. (I'm a mathematician of sorts, and this is one area I find stunningly complex.)

The fibers in a weave may have different densities, different thickness; when weaved, thickness and density (again) and a slew of other properties, many of them directionally differentiated, such as stiffness, hardness, flexibility, impact energy-dissolution can be varied to an insane amount.

The basis for most "carbon fibers" is usually polyacrylonitrile fiber ("PAN") in various bundlings (in Ks, orders of 1000s of fiber strands), in several tensile moduli. Quite a bit of variation there, and that's even before it's weaved in complex meshes.

In marketing/branding we find terms like aryalite, aramid, zylon; and in blade names we find suggestions of different carbon meshes (A/ALC, Z/ZL/ZLC), thicknesses and mesh orientations (in combination: 45/145/245, 90/190/290).

Might as well call some of these soft, and some others hard. It's a simplification, of course, but with reality being this complex we just cannot cope without simplifying things every now and then.

Last edited: