Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Help ( BLADE SUGGESTION )

after 1 years of using cheap blade
i decided to buy new blade
quite confuse to buy theese two blade ( my budget is $100 )
what should i buy?
Stiga Maplewood NCT V

or
TIBHAR STRATUS POWER WOOD

or any suggest for me?

My rubber is DHS H3 and Palio ak47 red , i am an amateur player :) i think i need a fast blade and flex

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The TSPW is often mentioned as a good blade, with the same composition as blades with great stature such as the Donic Appelgren Allplay and the Butterfly Petr Korbel; the Galaxy/Milkyway/Yinhe M-4 is like that also, but does not fit your requirement of not being cheap. But I guess you should choose a blade that fits your level, your style, and your personal taste; you don't state much about that.

Both blades are 5-ply all-wood, and solidly offensive (OFF) I would say, the TSPW probably a bit stiffer and the NCT V probably a bit flexier, harder and faster. The former would accent close-to-the table direct play a bit more, the latter would be slightly more a looper's blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I used a TSPW for a couple of years and really liked it. Good speed and control, perhaps more off than off-. I've found that there wasn't a great deal of feel and there were differences between blades. I had two, one 91g and the other 95g and they did play differently. I don't think anyone can tell youwhat to get as it's a very personal choice. Also I never used it with Chinese rubbers, always Donic or Tibhar tensors where it was a good match. My advice would be to try other people's blades to see what you like otherwise you can end up spending a lot of money to find the right blade.

Do you have a coach, or a sport teachear, familiar with your play? He would advise you.
If you have a table tennis club in the town it would be good to play there with a coach and he will advise you too.
If you still want some forum advise, you should give some more information regarding your playing style.
Is the Palio AK47 Red your FH or BH? It has a high throw angle and with a more flexible blade it will get higher.

Reactions: GinjaNinja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Do you have a coach, or a sport teachear, familiar with your play? He would advise you.
If you have a table tennis club in the town it would be good to play there with a coach and he will advise you too.
If you still want some forum advise, you should give some more information regarding your playing style.
Is the Palio AK47 Red your FH or BH? It has a high throw angle and with a more flexible blade it will get higher.
my playing style is aggresive backhand , palio ak47 red is my bh , i don;t have coach or something , i just play with some adults in my town

Reactions: BeGo
Well, if you are with serious intension for an allwood blade, I would highly recomend Xiom Solo 7. It's OFF, flexy and with good feeling and great control.
If you want to try some composite experiance I would recomend Palio V1. It's really fast, semy flexy and plays with a great comfort at mid distance. For a closer distance you will need some more time to practice. It's very cheep, but thats not always the point.
I wonder about the reasons you have choosen exactly that rubber setup.

Every blade is good for ones and not so good for others.
May be NCT is good for you, may be not. You have to play several months with a specific blade to decide which is good, which is bad, what you lack and what you need.
Clipper kind of blades are as good advice and solution as Aspirin is for many aches. But most often a better answer exists.
AK47 is a very repulsive rubber which will deminish some natural characteristics of the blade, as feel and dwell. This will somewhat equalize the differences between the different Clippers.
I'm still very curious about how you choose exactly that rubber setup.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
is Stiga Maplewood NCT V not a good blade?

Have you ever played one? Or are you thinking of it because you looked at numbers on a chart?

I know a lot of people who have used Rosewood V NCT or Ebenholz V NCT. But I have never seen anyone use a Maplewood. Personally, I think that means something. If a pro uses it a lot more people would take the risk and try it.

But if you have tried it and liked it, there is no need to think about what anyone else thinks about the blade.

The best way to choose a setup is to try a lot of rackets from friends and people you play with.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
....the Galaxy/Milkyway/Yinhe M-4 is like that also, but does not fit your requirement of not being cheap. But I guess you should choose a blade that fits your level, your style, and your personal taste; you don't state much about that.

I think this Galaxy M-4 may still fit into his requirements for stepping up in quality.

I am thinking the OP meant he has been using low quality rackets rather than inexpensive ones.

However, you made a very good point. The OP is not actually thinking about his level or style of play. And he should be trying to find a racket that fits his needs.

kevinjeremia, do you have any video footage of you playing? It would be much easier for people to understand what kinds of blade and rubbers would be useful for you if we could have some idea of how you actually play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
nope i don;t have any footages , i think i will still with my old blade to improve my technic, i think every time i practice i will record it , thx ! ( i don't have coach , i just watching youtube to improve.)

This user has no status.
If you want to buy Tibhar stratus powerwood, just go with it. It is a very nice all wood blade. Judging from its composition (limba and ayous wood) it should be a flexible blade and quiet fast.
Anyway can I know what is you last blade ?
Maybe some member of this forum can give you more insight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
If you want to buy Tibhar stratus powerwood, just go with it. It is a very nice all wood blade. Judging from its composition (limba and ayous wood) it should be a flexible blade and quiet fast.
Anyway can I know what is you last blade ?
Maybe some member of this forum can give you more insight

my blade is DHS W1030

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
nope i don;t have any footages , i think i will still with my old blade to improve my technic, i think every time i practice i will record it , thx ! ( i don't have coach , i just watching youtube to improve.)

Nothing wrong with keeping your racket. If it works for you, it should be fine.

It is worth understanding that the equipment you use is not as important as the training you do. Unless what you are using is really wrong for your needs.

People look at equipment reviews and hear things about TT equipment and it makes them think they need something different from what they already have. Often it is not true.

If you are an allround or offensive minded player and your level is lower than elite amateur or semi-pro, usually a simple, all wood, 5 ply blade in the All+ to Off- speed categories matched with basic offensive rubbers like Xiom Vega Pro or Nexy Karis M would be all you REALLY need.

The Stratus Power Wood fits into that category. So you are on the right track. But you may not need anything new if you are happy with what you have.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
If you play only 1 year you are probabaly still a beginner. You have 5 ply blade that should be enough for you at this moment. Save your money, and spend it for a Coach for few sessions. Watchig the videos is good, but the Coach will help you improove your technic much more. I can say that the improve from videos can be maybe 10 - 15 % but good coach can do the rest 90%.