Five Arylate Carbon Blades - Which one would you choose and why?

This user has no status.
Left to Right:
1. Sanwei F3 Pro
2. DHS Power.G PG5
3. XIOM Stradivarious
4. DHS Fang Bo ALC (B2)
5. DHS Hurricane 301
8c5439360abad5cf7e70ac03ddfcf38c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
The Sanwei F3 Pro is an exact clone of Timo Boll ALC at a fraction of the price
The DHS PG5 has ALC layers closer to the core like the Butterfly Innerforce series and very affordable ALC blade
The XIOM Stradivarious is a very well balanced ALC blade.
The DHS Fang Bo B2 has outer koto layers and is ideal for offensive gameplay
The Hurricane 301 was designed based on inputs from Ma Long (Read somewhere that he uses Hurricane N 301) along with the Gold Arc 8 rubbers. This is very new blade and in depth reviews are yet to be seen

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ma Long uses W968.

The Sanwei F3 Pro is an exact clone of Timo Boll ALC at a fraction of the price
The DHS PG5 has ALC layers closer to the core like the Butterfly Innerforce series and very affordable ALC blade
The XIOM Stradivarious is a very well balanced ALC blade.
The DHS Fang Bo B2 has outer koto layers and is ideal for offensive gameplay
The Hurricane 301 was designed based on inputs from Ma Long (Read somewhere that he uses Hurricane N 301) along with the Gold Arc 8 rubbers. This is very new blade and in depth reviews are yet to be seen

Reactions: sarvo4u
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
A lot will come down to individual blade, weight, and a handle you like.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would chose Xiom Stradivarius, although it's NOT Arylate Carbon - it's Aramid Carbon.
Stradivarius is closer to me, but faster than my needs.

When you know that Arylate is a kind of Aramid and that the Aramid fiber used in the Stradivarius is the same molecular construction as the fiber used in Butterfly ALC blades, just from a different source and a slightly different thickness, you realize that the two companies using different names for the same substance is really just MARKETING.

Research on what Arylate and Aramid are should allow you to find the info that Arylate is a class of Aramid fibers.

The fact that Xiom uses the same substance as Butterfly but uses the term Aramid instead of Arylate is so people who don't know will think they are different in some way, I got that info from a guy who works developing blades for Xiom.

Stradivarius does feel different from the Butterfly ALC blades though. This developer from Xiom confessed that they were not fully able to get their ALC layer to feel the same as the Butterfly ALC layer.

So, different. But not for the reasons you may have thought.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you want a Butterfly ALC blade, the imitations are not the same. But some are quite close and perhaps just as good in their own ways.

In the end, if a blade works for you, that is all you need to concern yourself with.

Last edited:
When you know that Arylate is a kind of Aramid and that the Aramid fiber used in the Stradivarius is the same molecular construction as the fiber used in Butterfly ALC blades, just from a different source and a slightly different thickness, you realize that the two companies using different names for the same substance is really just MARKETING.

Research on what Arylate and Aramid are should allow you to find the info that Arylate is a class of Aramid fibers.

The fact that Xiom uses the same substance as Butterfly but uses the term Aramid instead of Arylate is so people who don't know will think they are different in some way, I got that info from a guy who works developing blades for Xiom.

Stradivarius does feel different from the Butterfly ALC blades though. This developer from Xiom confessed that they were not fully able to get their ALC layer to feel the same as the Butterfly ALC layer.

So, different. But not for the reasons you may have thought.

Ok, I agree generally, but I still think that there is a difference between arylate and aramid not only in thickness. It may be tiny, but if we neglect it we should consider Kevlar in the same group and add some more blades to compare.
Tiny here, tiny there, great difference everywhere.
But may be I'm wrong.

This user has no status.
Left to Right:
1. Sanwei F3 Pro
2. DHS Power.G PG5
3. XIOM Stradivarious
4. DHS Fang Bo ALC (B2)
5. DHS Hurricane 301
8c5439360abad5cf7e70ac03ddfcf38c.jpg

On paper,

I would not choose any. I don't like blade smaller than 17 * 16 cm or having non straight handle. [emoji6]

Possible choice,

I borrow them all and try one by one with my favourite rubber and see which play to my own liking, or, [emoji1]

I take them all and sell them all on profit [emoji14]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, I agree generally, but I still think that there is a difference between arylate and aramid not only in thickness. It may be tiny, but if we neglect it we should consider Kevlar in the same group and add some more blades to compare.
Tiny here, tiny there, great difference everywhere.
But may be I'm wrong.

Perhaps you are not understanding me.

Arylate is a more specific subset under the Aramid umbrella.

So, Arylate IS Aramid. But not all Aramids are Arylates.

However, a Xiom blade developer informed me that Xiom uses the same exact substance as Butterfly. Their goal was to duplicate the results. But they could not quite do that because they could not find the exact source.

But the chemical is the same chemical. There is no difference. The reason for using a different name was Xiom marketing.

This user has no status.
@sarvo4u, for me one main factor is having a large, hand filling handle. Which of them has a handle large and similar to a Sitga Legend?
By the looks the f3 pro has a slightly large handle amongst these. The legend (wide) handles on stiga are very fat to be honest. None of these come close to it.

This user has no status.
Thanks for the reply guys.
Good knowledge inputs from UpSideDownCarl on Aramid and Arylates

Please note i'm not planning to buy either of these as im quite content with my Ma Long 3

Having said that, let me rephrase my question

Hypothetically if You were to buy one of these 5 blade, which would you chose and why?

My objective here is to poll and find out what is the most preferred amongst these ALC blades

Reactions: thomas.pong