sandpaper on blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
If they rubbed just a little it shouldn't matter. You just rub a bit of the varnish off it to make the glue stick to the blade. You apply varnish because the glue might make the rubber stick to the blade too much. So the amount of varnish to apply to get the right results is always a bit tricky. I rubbed of a bit of my varnish with sandpaper too. I'm not experiencing any trouble from it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Typically when rubbing the edges with sandpaper you also allow the outer most ply to become less adhesive around the edges. This allows the glue to still glue to the blade, but there is less chance of the edges coming off as the rubber is reglued or taken off. This allows for a better longer lasting blade.

Also if you haven't checked out the contest I'm currently running. you should. Jack sands the edges for you so you don't have to. He has created a blade that is literally a Tenergy of blades in that it catapults the ball even more so than the rubber.

I'll be doing a review in a few weeks, but give a short video at the end of this week.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
hi please i need your help.

yesterday I bought the stiga rosewood nct in shop that I bought him him they rubbed little with sandpaper because a side had a lot varnish and could not glue the rubber on it. do you think that this affect the blade ?

thank you.

Are you asking if having one side of your blade having too much varnish on it could affect the blade? Or are you asking about whether sanding will affect the blade?

The sanding should not be a problem. But if one side has considerably more varnish on it than the other side then the playing characteristics of the two sides will be different. That may be a good or a bad thing depending on several factors.