Who do you think will win the Austrian Open 2017?

• Wong Chun Ying

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Koki Niwa

• Fang Bo

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kenta Matsudaira

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yan An

• Yuya Oshima

• Masaki Yoshida

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
NOW LIVE: Yan vs vs Lin Gauyuan! Live streaming here: https://tv.ittf.com/livestream/austrian-open-table-1/914383

The World Tour circuit now moves onto the Austrian Open. Last weekend saw the German men's team win the European Team Championships, along with an incredible women's victory for team Romania winning the European Championships! The week before saw Harimoto sensationally win his first ever World Tour, becoming the youngest ever in doing so defeating Timo Boll in the final! The Asian Cup last week saw a huge upset in the final with Lin Gaoyuan defeating Fan Zhendong to secure a place in the upcoming World Cup! All eyes are now on the Austrian Open this week and of course the T2 APAC League which is now in the 4th round! The prestigious Austrian Open will take place in Linz and begins on the 19th September and concludes on the 24th September.

Total number of entries so far is: 265

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Qualification Day Schedule - Day 2

Hong Kong's Wong Chun Ting, has entered the Austrian Open as the #1 seed.

wongchunting2017.jpg

Wong Chun Ting the no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

Men's Singles Seeds

marcosfreitas2017austrian.jpg

Portugal's Marcos Freitas enters the Austrian Open as the #5 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Wong Chun Ting
02) Koki Niwa
03) Fang Bo
04) Simon Gauzy
05) Marcos Freitas
06) Kenta Matsudaira
07) Yan An
08) Yuya Oshima
09) Masaki Yoshida
10) Ruwen Filus
11) Stefan Fegerl
12) Kristian Karlsson
13) Emmanuel Lebesson
14) Maharu Yoshimura
15) Hugo Calderano
16) Robert Gardos

Women Singles Seeds

austriachenmeng2017.jpg

China's Chen Meng enters the Austrian Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Chen Meng
02) Miu Hirano
03) Kasumi Ishikawa
04) Yingsha Sun
05) Hitomi Sato
06) Manyu Wang
07) Honoka Hashimoto
08) Jia Liu
09) Hu Melek
10) Hina Hayata
11) Sakura Mori
12) Miyu Kato
13) Hoi Kem Doo
14) Maki Shiomi
15) Lee Ho Ching
16) Sofia Polcanova

For full player entries click here.

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions and join us in the live chat in the ITTF Live Streaming!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
China is scared of Harimoto and has to build a new army post Ma Long era

So true, but Japan has a whole bunch of youngsters moving near the top. The new Chinese army includes Fan Zhendong (20), Liang Jingkun (21), Li Yijie (20), Niu Guankai (15), Wang Chuqin (17), Xue Fei (18), and Fang Yinchi (21). HOWEVER, Tomo is 14. China better be working on a whole set of 13 and 14 year olds, or the Fan Zhendong era will become the Tomokazu era.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
It will be more aggressive of the appearance of Chinese players. No doubt that Fang bo is potential to win this tournament. But in the next generation of Chinese I still do believe China will sent to rest of the world a dominant team to compete with Tomokazu fromm Japan. I love the style of Xue Fei . It looks like Wang Hao in the past and very potential to develope to the level of top player in next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Fang Bo and Sun Yingsha are my favourite to win. From the semis it should be Chinese only

That sounds sensible. I'll be rooting for Calderano, though; maybe it's me, but I think I've seen fascinating growth spurts in his game lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: drunix80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Now who can explain how did it happen Zhou Yu took 1 place:

1 ZHOU Yu CHN
cache.php
4-21-41 1 3 1
2 HIRANO Yuki JPN 2-4
cache.php
4-01 1 3 2
3 CHEN Diogo POR 4-10-4
cache.php
1 1 3 3

that's weird!! Hirano Yuki should get 1st place

edit: just checked. Looks like they fixed it. Hirano gets the 1st place and will advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
that's weird!! Hirano Yuki should get 1st place

edit: just checked. Looks like they fixed it. Hirano gets the 1st place and will advance.
Anyway this is kind of strange, some no name player took down zhou yu 4:1, while hirano who lost to ZY took down this guy 4:0. I understand only 1 player advance?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Anyway this is kind of strange, some no name player took down zhou yu 4:1, while hirano who lost to ZY took down this guy 4:0. I understand only 1 player advance?

yes, only 1 player - Hirano advances. I watched the highlight of the match ZY lost to Chen Diogo 1-4, it was a shocking result and shocking performance by ZY, Chen was not even that good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
yes, only 1 player - Hirano advances. I watched the highlight of the match ZY lost to Chen Diogo 1-4, it was a shocking result and shocking performance by ZY, Chen was not even that good.
Well I do not remember when last time Zhou Yu did good on international stage, maybe in Polish Open 5 years ago... Other young players seems to be better prepared for that kind of tournaments. I know that chinese coaches like him for the attitude and fighting spirit, but china superleague and internationa tours is different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

By any chance Miu and this guy are related ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D