Sunnysix Review - Sunnysix3(yellow sponge - super soft rubber)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
So it's been a while since my last review. Hope you folks are all doing well.
Also noticed there were quite a few Sunnysix users(especially Sunnysix7, the Chinese-like rubber) at my club.
(Not sure if the company has dealers outside of Asia but the delivery is quite reliable and they also tend to give better
pricing if purchased in small/large bulks)

So far I tried it on my Stiga VPS, I also decided to experiment it on my defense(Yes I'm generally an all-rounder but also an aspiring JSH defense player) blade on my Butterly JSH and also my Victas defense blade.

I knew it was a super soft rubber(always with golden-yellow sponge) so naturally a great block/rallying rubber,
but another advice from coach was that it could be deadly on deuce or critical points in the game.

So in short,

1. It's great for forehand chops in my defensive mode(very secure with mad spin)
2. But deadly for my 'hidden serve' mode for deuce or advantage points or even 7th setter match points.

So my next agenda before my winter competition is to focus to mimic MaLin's serves with full-horizontal underspin
that wouldn't give many choices to my opponents when receiving.

(will repost more details on Sunnysix7 offense rubber nexttime)

Takk and Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

OverDrive98:)

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I just received Sunny7 (black) and Sunny3 (red). I haven't tried yet, but I measured the weight.

Sunny7 : weighs 68.6g uncut and measures 280.5cm2 (0.2445g/cm2)

Sunny3 : weighs 65.2g uncut and measures 280.5cm2 (0.2324g/cm2)

Will share a review after some sessions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Quite agree with what Overdrive98 mentions...

Not only I agree but I too wondered how my play would stabilize using both the Sunnysix3 on both sides instead of
just using it on the back. So here's my take on using SS3 on both sides:

a. Equipment: Innerforce ZLC
b. Spin: I felt very save on the serve. Main difference was that
1) opponents often made cut mistakes to the net
2) two-bound and even three-bound serves came quite easy especially when it was most needed at 8-8, 9-9 and deuce.
c. Receive: since it gives a good throw angle, I was very happy with my receive. Not only it provided adequate elevation,
the abundance in spin gives me the confidence to get ready for the next ball.
d. Offense: it is definitely not the quickest rubber out there, however, not slow at all. Forgiveness is great and instead of
big risks for the killer blow, it was great for me induce error to my opponents and wait for the kill later.
Counter attack was also a bigger possibility as I noticed my opponents gradually lose confidence in their attack
towards the 5th and 7th set.
e. Defense: my game isn't too defensive, however, whenever necessary it did a great job. I also believe Overdrive98 that
SS3 could be a great rubber for classic/modern defensemen on FH rubbers just like Mr. JSH and Koji M-san.
f. Height: the soft sponge gives an angle that is quite peeving for the opponents to attack and defend.
This isn't an area not all club players would mention, but my coach who happens to be from Beijing and he stresses it like crazy. It was clearly visible that my serves, topspin drives and all other shots were barely over the net. (To test
this we switched to other Tenergy64/05 and Rakza9 rubbers and it went flying over the net. A couple of my serves
even went out of the table at first go)

So overall, the save and low serve backed up with safer play and counterattack really elevated my game.
On a good day I'd normally have a 85% winning record on my weekend leagues but with a bit of luck I was 12-0
this weekend. I personally don't give too much of a meaning in the victory but I'm extremely happy that I did this
even though it was my first day trying SS3 on both sides just after a 45 warmup prior to the matches.

So there you go. Hope it helps and I'd certainly welcome any further comments and feedback!

Merci!

C

Reactions: Lee91
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Glad I'm not alone on this!

From what I was told locally in Korea, Sunny3 is already out of sale and just managed to stock up on a couple units
from my Korean contacts. I enjoy playing with both Sunny7 and Sunny3 but my feeling is that the latter is much more unique
compared to other major brands and people who've tried it also feel that way.

Although they have their own site, I really wish they could start distributing worldwide(especially up North in Europe or Dandoy) so that we could have more access to it whenever we need it.

After using Sunny rubbers for more than 2~3 months, it has really elevated my game. I barely make any service errors
and the fact that I could extend the rally by a shot or two makes a huge impact on my style but also my opponents. I usually
play in a local club in Sweden and my members are already asking me to lend them my blades so I'm sure it'll wear out soon!

Need to stock up ASAP so if anybody has good contact within Sunnysix please share!

:)

Reactions: Lee91