New Tibhar case -not very happy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
So it seems I have hard time finding a decent racket case: the one that has decent amounts of protection, not too bulky and looks ok (not a fan of aluminum cases boxy looks..)

Recently bought a Tibhar Foam Case Delux. Semi hard case with a foam padding in it. So the size of this one racket case is monstrous. It literally takes a third of the backpack. So I think I am not going to use it.. Here are photos side by side with the regular not so small Butterfly Alu case

tibhar1.jpgView attachment 14278tibhar3.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am sorry, I am not getting on an airplane or crossing any international border with a blade case that has a picture of a big marijuana leaf on it, even if if is supposed to be a palm leaf. Not doing it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Quite happy with these.

The photo with rubbers and blades to show all those stuff could fit inside the case (one case).

Realistically, it holds two blades with rubbers attached, with spare rooms for wallet, car keys, etc.

I have the same type rectangular two compartments Stiga case just with different picture. I like that they are compact for a 2 racket case, but that comes with the drawbacks: protection is on the lower end (soft shell, minimum padding), no place for balls.

Attachments

• 20170926_000845.jpg
    20170926_000845.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 289
This user has no status.
I have the same type rectangular two compartments Stiga case just with different picture. I like that they are compact for a 2 racket case, but that comes with the drawbacks: protection is on the lower end (soft shell, minimum padding), no place for balls.
I've traveled to different countries with case like that and no problem at all. Depending on the shape of the hard plastic insert there's some with holes for holding balls. But I don't like those. I have balls holder separately.

e59eef66516e9fe508f7de42c91da15f.jpg

Last edited:
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
The ones like mine can hold three blades comfortably.
Hmmm can you give me photo ?
Cause this i can get here .... it will be enough when three fit comfortably inside .
Thanks

This user has no status.
Unfortunately, I don't have one with me cause I'm traveling to China and didn't bring it with me this time.

In the above photo to show the balls holder you can see the second compartment. The one with insert you can put two blades (separated by blue plastic insert). On the back/second compartment you can put third/fourth blades. You just have to position the handle of the additional blades not to hit directly with the second blade in the first compartment. I carry three blades many a times with no problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I've traveled to different countries with case like that and no problem at all. Depending on the shape of the hard plastic insert there's some with holes for holding balls. But I don't like those. I have balls holder separately.

cache.php

Oh, didn't see the plastic insert. Butterfly was making such cases. Yes, its better to keep the balls in separate holder as this does not protect the balls from squashing them by applying the force from the outside..

What I want from my case is that I could drop it in the middle of my backpack or duffel bag, put other stuff, then some extra stuff, then over-stuff the bag and don't worry that some pointy object is pressing at my rubbers, something is bending one end of the racket or squashing the balls. Some extra pocket would be nice also (for my phone, locker keys, sponge, elbow support..). So I use aluminum case at the moment..

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
Oh, didn't see the plastic insert. Butterfly was making such cases. Yes, its better to keep the balls in separate holder as this does not protect the balls from squashing them by applying the force from the outside..

What I want from my case is that I could drop it in the middle of my backpack or duffel bag, put other stuff, then some extra stuff, then over-stuff the bag and don't worry that some pointy object is pressing at my rubbers, something is bending one end of the racket or squashing the balls. Some extra pocket would be nice also (for my phone, locker keys, sponge, elbow support..). So I use aluminum case at the moment..
I've put mine in backpack, messenger bag, carry-in bag, checked-in bag, no problem. At one point I stopped obsessing too much on over protecting my stuff. [emoji12]

Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am sorry, I am not getting on an airplane or crossing any international border with a blade case that has a picture of a big marijuana leaf on it, even if if is supposed to be a palm leaf. Not doing it.

I guess it is okay to have the rubber have the pot leaf. [emoji2]

But that leaf is easy to remove. Very easy. And the case is really the best case I have used. I actually want a couple more.

There are a few that look better. But none that I feel protect my blade as well and have material as sturdy.

At first I thought I would not like that long, silly loop. On all my other blade cases I never used them and was originally just planning to remove it.

But as soon as I had the case I realized that the loop and the length of the loop was actually useful. Unlike the ones from other cases where the loop was just a waste of material.

But I have a rectangular case that is made for 2 blades and I can fit four in it. It is well made. But quite old. I don’t think companies make the rectangular ones as well as that one these days.

I will try to remember to take a photo of it when I am home.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy