Butterfly Marcos Freitas ALC Blade Review!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Here's our latest review of the Marcos Freitas ALC!

We recorded the review at the incredible Portuguese national team centre with the man himself, Portuguese number 1 Marcos Freitas.

We would like to thank Marcos for the time he gave us and Butterfly for providing us with the equipment to review.
Written in-depth review of the Butterfly Freitas ALC blade in the TTD Review Centre here.

Have you, or do you use this blade? Any questions, leave below guys :) I was ridiculously impressed with how easy Freitas was playing :D

Here's our latest review of the Marcos Freitas ALC!

We recorded the review at the incredible Portuguese national team centre with the man himself, Portuguese number 1 Marcos Freitas.

We would like to thank Marcos for the time he gave us and Butterfly for providing us with the equipment to review.
Written in-depth review of the Butterfly Freitas ALC blade in the TTD Review Centre here.

Have you, or do you use this blade? Any questions, leave below guys :) I was ridiculously impressed with how easy Freitas was playing :D

Thanks for the review, Dan. It will be interesting to compare this blade with the Viscaria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
Comparing a blade to a Timo Boll Spirit is not that different from comparing the blade to a Viscaria and Dan does that a lot in the review.

hmm! i find the viscaria to be a bit softer than the Boll ALC and more feeling also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
hmm! i find the viscaria to be a bit softer than the Boll ALC and more feeling also.

Sent from my i-Phone using Tapatalk

There is variation amongst individual blades, but that said, many player think a Boll Spirit is softer than a Boll ALC partly because it doesn't have the surface treatment that the ALC has. In the Butterfly catalog, the playing characteristics of the Spirit, Viscaria, Boll ALC, ZJK ALC and Matsudaira ALC are listed as being exactly the same in terms of thickness and speed. Not a topic for extensive debate on this thread, but my point is that it is all down to how strongly you feel the blades are different to want direct comparisons.

Reactions: Jaffar Lone
This user has no status.
Anatomic leaving Japan

1cc5143c1fc48f9792ca844b700a3c3e.jpg

Last edited: