PDA

View Full Version : Review Palio Hidden Dragon

Tajny1989
10-14-2017, 09:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUN11B4dIVw&list=PL8o7aRCyyqGJ_B-OLROrRt2AEiNXMcWcp&index=1
Do you guys have any questions?

langel
10-14-2017, 10:43 PM
No, I've tryed this rubber on Palio V1 and Palio TNT and got rid of it. Desaster.

Floris
10-15-2017, 01:01 AM
Players one season with Hidden Dragon on my backhand. Fantastic control and feel.

Gourav Acharya
10-15-2017, 07:35 AM
Does it play like palio ak47 red?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

langel
10-15-2017, 07:59 AM
It doesn't play like any of ak47, nor like others Dragons. Its a boosted version, claimed to be tensor like, but is not like tensors either.

10-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Is the t similar to Hadou?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDP
10-18-2017, 07:51 AM
I've played with both Drunken dragon 40+ and Hidden dragon 40+. I used DD on forehand and HD on backhand.

HD : non tacky / more bounce / heavier
DD : tacky / lighter /softer

For their price they are pretty good, but I'm currently not using them on my main blade. I switched from HD to something a couple of grams lighter and the DD tore into pieces after a couple of times reglueing it. I had glued it with an old thick batch of glue and the soft sponge couldnt handle it. Most people like HD over DD, because it's similar to european rubbers. Give it a try if you're looking for a cheap alternative to european rubbers.

brodolio
10-18-2017, 07:57 AM
I never tried the Hidden Dragon, but I currently have the Wildish Dragon.
It has decent spin but it's quite slow, and the feel is very poor. Nothing special to me, I wouldn't recommend it, at least without boosting it.

MDP
10-18-2017, 10:01 AM
I think there is a difference between the first versions (hidden dragon, drunken dragon, wildish dragon, ...) and the recent 40+ versions. There is only a 40+ version of hidden dragon and drunken dragon and these are not that slow etc.

langel
10-19-2017, 09:00 PM

Just remembered that I still have a pair of Hidden Dragon, shortly used.
I can give them as a presentq if somebody likes them. Only post charge.
I think these rubbers are not suitable for boosting at all.

They are not slow, but they are not fast. They are just very repulsive. No dwell and grip, hard to drive, good for flat and smash but with poor control, block unsafe. Somewhat good for chopping, strangely.
And really outstanding surface brushing if you manage to loto the hit, otherwise poor spin - mechanical spin almost impossibbllee.

piligrim
11-30-2017, 11:19 PM
I've played with both Drunken dragon 40+ and Hidden dragon 40+. I used DD on forehand and HD on backhand.

HD : non tacky / more bounce / heavier
DD : tacky / lighter /softer

For their price they are pretty good, but I'm currently not using them on my main blade. I switched from HD to something a couple of grams lighter and the DD tore into pieces after a couple of times reglueing it. I had glued it with an old thick batch of glue and the soft sponge couldnt handle it. Most people like HD over DD, because it's similar to european rubbers. Give it a try if you're looking for a cheap alternative to european rubbers.

Hidden dragon 40+ actually is tacky

MDP
12-01-2017, 05:54 AM
Hidden dragon 40+ has some tackiness, but this wears off and is not of the same level as drunken dragon (and other really tacky rubbers like dhs H3, etc.)

Or is yours really tacky?

piligrim
12-09-2017, 10:43 AM
my is not really tacky like H3 but not wear off. still tacky after 3 weeks ..

Floris
12-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Palio CJ 8000 series are the most popular Palio rubbers and I like them better than Dragon series. HK 1997 is a decent Mark V substitute and non-tacky.