Need help on choosing blade (with TSPW and Yinhe E-3 characteristics)

This user has no status.
Today, I have these two blades: Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba) and Yinhe/Galaxy E-3 (limba-spruce-ayous-spruce-limba).

I like the harder feel, the large head size (and larger sweet spot) and the speed of the Tibhar, but don’t like the bulky handle and I found it a little heavy.

On the other side, I like the smaller handle and balance of the Yinhe, but don’t like the smaller head size (and smaller sweet spot), the softer feel and the lack of speed.

Can you guys suggest me a blade that combines the best of both worlds on the US$25~30 range? I was thinking about Yinhe U-1 (kind of a Clipper), DHS PG-7 or even DHS 301 (koto-limba-ALC-ayous-ALC-limba-koto), but the last one can be too hard and fast for me (I never had a carbon blade, but can be an opportunity to try). Also, it is a little more expensive.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Today, I have these two blades: Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba) and Yinhe/Galaxy E-3 (limba-spruce-ayous-spruce-limba).

I like the harder feel, the large head size (and larger sweet spot) and the speed of the Tibhar, but don’t like the bulky handle and I found it a little heavy.

On the other side, I like the smaller handle and balance of the Yinhe, but don’t like the smaller head size (and smaller sweet spot), the softer feel and the lack of speed.

Can you guys suggest me a blade that combines the best of both worlds on the US$25~30 range? I was thinking about Yinhe U-1 (kind of a Clipper), DHS PG-7 or even DHS 301 (koto-limba-ALC-ayous-ALC-limba-koto), but the last one can be too hard and fast for me (I never had a carbon blade, but can be an opportunity to try). Also, it is a little more expensive.

See if you can find a friend or someone at your club who has a Butterfly Petr Korbel. The handle may fit you better than the SPW but it is very similar and just built a bit more solidly.