Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you brush well it does not matter too much if they are boosted or not. If you brush well, H3 is actually pretty fast. But I like how they play boosted way way more. Even the Neo versions with the factory tuning, I like them better with boost added.

But, I stopped using H3 about 6 years ago because boosting was too much of a hassle for me to bother with it over and over again. It is too involved. I am happier not boosting the rubbers I choose to use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
If you brush well it does not matter too much if they are boosted or not. If you brush well, H3 is actually pretty fast. But I like how they play boosted way way more. Even the Neo versions with the factory tuning, I like them better with boost added.

But, I stopped using H3 about 6 years ago because boosting was too much of a hassle for me to bother with it over and over again. It is too involved. I am happier not boosting the rubbers I choose to use.

I guess that's the main reason so many of us, stick to european rubbers instead of chinese.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
SFF_Lib

Thank you it was very informative, its really troublesome to boost a chinese rubber by the look of your post.

Is there a particular reason you prefer H3 National Blue sheet, over the others H3?

I think it's not so much hassle as some say... rather lazyness
[EMOJI6]
Every 3 months isn't too often in my book.

The blue sponge makes the ball arc more and dip sharper than the orange sponge....PLUS it's better for boosting.

When i get Orange sponge H3 i take it one degree harder that when i get Blue sponge H3.

Who is he?

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?16290-Chinese-Pro-Equipment-Rubbers-and-Blades

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
[EMOJI6]

The blue sponge makes the ball arc more and dip sharper than the orange sponge....PLUS it's better for boosting.

When i get Orange sponge H3 i take it one degree harder that when i get Blue sponge H3.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?16290-Chinese-Pro-Equipment-Rubbers-and-Blades

Thank you Suga D, what booster do you use?, i notice you're using provincial instead of national, any difference between the two( DHS H3 names are confusing to say the least)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
SFF_Lib

Thank you it was very informative, its really troublesome to boost a chinese rubber by the look of your post.

Is there a particular reason you prefer H3 National Blue sheet, over the others H3?
I only like the national blue sponge with a white package. It's an older DHS product with amazing performance.

It's soft(after boosting) and enagages very well upon impact. Other blue sponge such as Neo provincial are harder.
6a2ad4eaedd743fd3d9a100e60899333.jpg

Passionate about TT

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
What about the rubber's degree.
That's another topic.

Blue sponge is usually one degree harder than the orange one. So a 39 blue is slightly harder than a 39 orange.

A 39 blue of the white package is actually slightly softer than a 39 Neo provincial blue.

The hardness depends on:
Your style
Your blade

If you tend to stay close to the table and play aggressive. 40-41 plus booster is good. 39-40 plus booster is for power looper.

If your blade has lots of flex. Go harder.
If your blade is hard and rigid. Go softer.

You can pick a 40 to be safe. If too hard you can apply 1-2 layers of booster to soften it.

Passionate about TT

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
[EMOJI6]

Yeah exactly. For my national rubber i have only boosted once. Quite heavy though I put 4 layers in total.

I only plat once or twice a week. After a year it's still plays like 90% of new. And my style is mid to far distance power looping which is supposed to kill the rubber more quickly than close-to-table style.

I guess if you play 3-5 a week you might need to boost it every 3 months.

Passionate about TT

Reactions: Suga D
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Yeah exactly. For my national rubber i have only boosted once. Quite heavy though I put 4 layers in total.

I only plat once or twice a week. After a year it's still plays like 90% of new. And my style is mid to far distance power looping which is supposed to kill the rubber more quickly than close-to-table style.

I guess if you play 3-5 a week you might need to boost it every 3 months.

Passionate about TT
With what do you boost ?