Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Anyone seen or done anything like this before?

Match took place at the recent Swedish Open 2011. Ball was struck by Kirill Skachkov against Ma Long.

skachkov_10_11_07_Large.jpg

Photo by: Ayoade Ademakinwa

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
There seems to be a lot of really interesting talent from France and Russia. They seem to be very distinct from the more normal european styles exhibited by germans, swedes, and english. Just from my impression they seem to have a collection of players who often randomly cause problems for Chinese players, despite being significantly lower in rank, and despite not necessarily separating themselves from their other fellow european players.

In particular, their backhands all seem very good.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
There seems to be a lot of really interesting talent from France and Russia. They seem to be very distinct from the more normal european styles exhibited by germans, swedes, and english. Just from my impression they seem to have a collection of players who often randomly cause problems for Chinese players, despite being significantly lower in rank, and despite not necessarily separating themselves from their other fellow european players.

In particular, their backhands all seem very good.

Hey Scylla have you read the book called bounce by Matthew Syed. Or Outliers or Talent Code? Amazing reads... You would love it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Typically a lot of French and Russian players train in the Russian style of play. Dima from Germany was also brought up with that style of training where the Backhand is crucial. They train to use the backhand rather than stepping around because they believe it is well balanced that way. So when the Chinese loop to their backhands at less than their best they are able to block or counter to the open forehand.

It is the older style of playing and is going through a trend where the newer players who are unfamiliar with it are having some trouble, but because of the way it is now they should for the majority of the time over power the players eventually.

I suspect it's going to be a top thing they'll be working on for the London Olympics because I'm certain they would rather have an All Chinese Medal Ceremony.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Remember this guy in our club famous for hitting the ball on the side of his blade, rocketeering the ball way up high.
He would then shout "up ze koptje!", which I could translate as "on his head!" ('head' of the blade)
Some time later, I was umpiring a match for him and he suddenly hit the side of this blade, rocketeering the ball straight in between the eyes of his opponent, and he shouted: "up ze koptje!!!!" ON HIS HEAD :p :D