Best Long Pimpled Rubber with Reversal, Deception & Speed

says Thanks Dan, Posting of threads understood. :)
Nov 2010
I intend to change from Phantom 007, which i've been using for the last 10 years or more, to some other long-pimpled rubbers.

I'm looking for a long-pimpled having very good spin-reversal(anti-spin effect), very good deception(wobbling of ball and unpredictability effect) and also very good speed (as i use it to attack as well as to defend).

Can anyone suggest the long-pimpled rubber which has all three of the above qualities?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Try the TSP Curl P1-R, im going to switch to that soon.
"TSP CURL P-1R has the longest, softest pips among the TSP CURL rubbers producing very deceptive spin and actions after bounching.

The is without a doubt the most highly regarded long pimples rubbers, used by many of the top long pimple players in the world. It is a grippy and very deceptive rubber and highly durable. Choose OX or 0.3-0.6mm for maximum spin reversal and control, or 1.0-1.3mm or 1.4-1.7mm for more speed and spin manipulation ability."
The main difference between 2.0mm and 0.5mm is:
The 0.5mm sacrifices speed for more control

Nov 2010
Thanks Trance for suggesting TSP Curl P1-R

Thanks so much for your response, Trance. Deeply appreciated.

I'll look for the TSP Curl P1-R in my local sports shops. Have you tried it already?

Sorry for the delayed reply as i was down with bronchitis for a fortnight. Just got back into action this week.

You said that the 0x, 0.3 & 0.6mm give maximum deception & 1, 1.3mm, 1.7mm & 2mm give more spin & soeed.

My game is more close to the table. I flip the rubber (other side is Tenergy 64) often and quickly change from LP block& chop to LP attacking strokes, mixed with quick punches or sharp underspin with the Tenergy, to confuse the opponent.
I rarely go away from the table, unless i think the opponent is an impatient attacker and will make mistakes easily against the heavy underspin return of the LP to his heavy topspin shots.

Keeping this in mind, which thickness of sponge do you think i should go for, from the above suggestions made by you?

My Veteran Nationals are in Feb 2011 in New Delhi. I might just postpone the decision to switch rubbers from Phantom 007 till then, as i'm afraid of losing points due to lack of control. It's taken me nearly a decade to get the control i have over it! :)

Last edited: