nittaku fastarc g-1 for fh

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
Hello TTD memberes;
i will change my fh from Airoc m to fastarc G-1 and pair it with tibhar SPW, the reason is my need to improve FH loop and counterloop,and as i know fastarc g-1 is the best choice for that reason with lots of spin and med-high through and it's one of the top notch rubbers, any recommendations for that?, any objections? i am confused.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
i currently play with fastarc g-1 on a primorac off- blade. before this i played with tibhar el-s, among others

the main differences that jumped out when switching (and hold true still), are:
1 a bit more speed for g1. long pushes went off the table.
2 g1 is bit harder, i couldn't get the same feeling of the ball staying on the blade
3 the spin-insensitive part i found out to be true. easier to block and counter, but quite a big of adjustment was neccesary when returning serves (they went either long or high). i can't vouch for the quality of spins, but to me it felt like g1 is less spinny. (you can't have spin-insensivite and high spin producing rubber)
4 because of the harder-rubber and spin insensitive combo, you can't really do brushing loops. you really have to force yourself to hit with a forward motion, or else the ball will hit the net. i have mixed feelings about this, because it helped me improve my topspin. with the el-s being softer and grippier, my topspin was technically incorrect and still landed on the table with lots of spin (youtube - watch?v=2ycVoCZsB7E#t=3m23s look at aruna's ts here, open blade, way above his head). that's what i did. since i switched to g1, i was forced to change my ts for the better.
5. durability: very good. almost like new, after 3 months of playing 3-4 times a week, 3-4 hours at a time. maybe it's because it's a red rubber but it still "shines". my old black el-s would look worn out by now

overall i am happy with it, although i train a lot and have had ample time to adjust to it. something in me still wants to revert to el-s

Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
i currently play with fastarc g-1 on a primorac off- blade. before this i played with tibhar el-s, among others

the main differences that jumped out when switching (and hold true still), are:
1 a bit more speed for g1. long pushes went off the table.
2 g1 is bit harder, i couldn't get the same feeling of the ball staying on the blade
3 the spin-insensitive part i found out to be true. easier to block and counter, but quite a big of adjustment was neccesary when returning serves (they went either long or high). i can't vouch for the quality of spins, but to me it felt like g1 is less spinny. (you can't have spin-insensivite and high spin producing rubber)
4 because of the harder-rubber and spin insensitive combo, you can't really do brushing loops. you really have to force yourself to hit with a forward motion, or else the ball will hit the net. i have mixed feelings about this, because it helped me improve my topspin. with the el-s being softer and grippier, my topspin was technically incorrect and still landed on the table with lots of spin (youtube - watch?v=2ycVoCZsB7E#t=3m23s look at aruna's ts here, open blade, way above his head). that's what i did. since i switched to g1, i was forced to change my ts for the better.
5. durability: very good. almost like new, after 3 months of playing 3-4 times a week, 3-4 hours at a time. maybe it's because it's a red rubber but it still "shines". my old black el-s would look worn out by now

overall i am happy with it, although i train a lot and have had ample time to adjust to it. something in me still wants to revert to el-s
overall, to get right technique, is fastarc g-1 a better choice? for looping and counterlooping especially ??

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
i
yes i forgot about this ... it was really strange ... in low speed brushing the ball was really hard ... the ball just fall down ... you have to go hard again the ball and then in flick it just fly out of space .... or you have to use very closed angle,where i often hit the edge.. but great for flat hitters and fast players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
ahmad, it depends. if you train with it, not just match play, it will improve your top spin because it is one of the least forgiving rubbers i have played with. you will hate it in the beginning though, it will magnify any errors you make.

please do a follow-up with your impressions if you decide to use it

Reactions: Ahmad Arnous
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
What tensor rubber would you consider best for such plays ? Especially close to the tabler quick attacks ?
This is the question ... when i found the answer i let you now .... But i doubt anything can beat Dhs blue sponge rubbers....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
What tensor rubber would you consider best for such plays ? Especially close to the tabler quick attacks ?

I think this is where Tenergy shines. I tried out T05-FX/T64 on a composite and no problems. Ridiculously easy. Maybe even better with an all-wood. The problems for me were in other areas such as pushing, return of serves, and overall placement and control. Life is a series of compromises.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are, and as a compromise, I am thinking Rozena on a 5 or 7 ply all-wood. They seem to work together based upon what others have related to me. I'm trying to find some Rozena to try out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
yes i forgot about this ... it was really strange ... in low speed brushing the ball was really hard ... the ball just fall down ... you have to go hard again the ball and then in flick it just fly out of space .... or you have to use very closed angle,where i often hit the edge.. but great for flat hitters and fast players.

Nothing strange about harder rubber requiring more effort to produce spin.

Reactions: Ahmad Arnous
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
No is not like others.... It just ignoring the ball on brush loops. No grip at all. Ball just slips down. It is first time I seen this.
Here for example Tsp regalis blue, which is harder rubber does not have this issues.

Last edited: