PDA

View Full Version : Ma Long supports TableTennisDaily

Dan
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Probably the most awesome picture I have ever seen! World number 1 Ma Long has been training in the Stiga Training Camp this week! And TableTennisDaily's sponsor, StigaTableTennis (http://www.facebook.com/stigatabletennis) has sent me the best picture ever! So a huge thanks them! Ma Long has been the face of TableTennisDaily since day one! After one year I have finally managed to have a picture with him at the site!

Ma Long also gave me the permission to use his face as the sites face of TableTennisDaily!

Ma Long is arguably the one of the best table tennis players in history and he is only at the age of 23! In the last 60 days he has won 6 major tournaments and is likely to be one of the biggest table tennis legends to have ever lived! The young Chinese team are taking table tennis levels to new levels and pushing each other to new boundaries each day.

So what do you think!?

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/malongholdsttd.jpg
TableTennisDaily Photo

Ma Long just two days before this photo was taken! He became the Swedish Men's Singles Champion not dropping a single set throughout the whole championships!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hym6JzYnBaI

To view Xu Xin supporting TableTennisDaily click HERE (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1725-Xu-Xin-supports-TableTennisDaily)

Abakus
10-25-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't know what to say...just AWESOME
maybe you can persuade Ma Long to join TTD anyhow^^

BTW: and yes, cool avatar, dan :)

WiWa
10-25-2011, 06:55 PM
That is AMAZING :D Once he learns English he can start to post ;)

Dan
10-25-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't know what to say...just AWESOME
maybe you can persuade Ma Long to join TTD anyhow^^

BTW: and yes, cool avatar, dan :)

Hehe that's a lot to ask Abakus! I'm sure he only has time for TT practice! I know its so awesome, its shot very good to :)

Matt Hetherington
10-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Now that's what I call celebrity endorsement ;) World Class again Dan :P

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Now that's what I call celebrity endorsement ;) World Class again Dan :P

Lol cheers Matt. not your usual picture isit :) .. does this make up for my forfeit? :P

Bollforte94
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
This is so amazing and a milestone for TableTennisDaily :P
Dan you have to be so proud!

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:18 PM
This is so amazing and a milestone for TableTennisDaily :P
Dan you have to be so proud!

Thanks Tim! Your just as much involved as TTD as me! Without you guys this would never happen so a big thanks! :)

You must love this photo as I know your a huge fan of Ma Long hehe :)

azlan
10-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Dan, this really takes the take..by far. Million thanks to Stiga...you wish you holding that piece of paper and standing next to the champ, don't ya....hehehe. Congratulations TTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Cochrane
10-25-2011, 07:28 PM
absolutely awesome dan the man !!!!!!!
first camy then ma long, just need soo yeon lee now which would be amazing too :)
well done big lad, the hard work you've put into this site is paying off.
keep up the good work.

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Dan, this really takes the take..by far. Million thanks to Stiga...you wish you holding that piece of paper and standing next to the champ, don't ya....hehehe. Congratulations TTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha thanks Azlan! I know would be good if I was next to him to ha! I know Stiga are awesome!! :). TTD's best picture probably for life ha!

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:30 PM
absolutely awesome dan the man !!!!!!!
first camy then ma long, just need soo yeon lee now which would be amazing too :)
well done big lad, the hard work you've put into this site is paying off.
keep up the good work.

Thanks Dave! It's getting harder to maintain TTD now Im in University but trying to balance both! :)

I love the way you have Ma Long in your avatar to, standing next to him! ha

david93fcb
10-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Amazing!
Your hard work definitely pays off as you can see, Dan! :)

Dave Cochrane
10-25-2011, 07:33 PM
well ma long is definitely one of the greatest and i only mix with the big guys at TT events lol :)

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Amazing!
Your hard work definitely pays off as you can see, Dan! :)

Thanks Dave, and thanks for being an awesome moderator for TTD

well ma long is definitely one of the greatest and i only mix with the big guys at TT events lol :)

Oh yeah I forget that :P.. you'll soon need to get a picture of Liam Pitchford the way that mans playing! :)

Dave Cochrane
10-25-2011, 07:34 PM
what are you studying at university and where ?

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
what are you studying at university and where ?

Sports Coaching and Performance. Its my final year, it's a top up year as I already did the first two years at the Bristol Table Tennis Academy. I am now doing my final year in Wales and Glamorgan University :)

Are ya going Pro Tour Grand Finals?

Bollforte94
10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks Tim! Your just as much involved as TTD as me! Without you guys this would never happen so a big thanks! :)

You must love this photo as I know your a huge fan of Ma Long hehe :)

Yes I really love this photo but I would love a photo with Ma Long and me even more :D *Joking*
I hope I can get a photo with him next year on the German Open 2012. It would be really frustrating for a huge fan like me not to get a photo with him .... maybe I can play with him if I work as a volunteer there ... ahh just fantasizing again ... >.<
but that would be so fantastic!:P like you and Ma Lin or Benjamin and Zhang Jike .... :)

It is a little bit funny that he gave you the permission that he is the face of TTD .... he was it before he know the website :D
But Dan what would do if he had not gave you the permission? Ignore? New Design? Give up TTD :D?

Dave Cochrane
10-25-2011, 07:36 PM
oh yes liam really looks to be going places, i got told he was given a BMW car as some sort of sponsorship, would be amazing if it's true having a car like that at his age :)
he's a guy well worth investing in.

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes I really love this photo but I would love a photo with Ma Long and me even more :D *Joking*
I hope I can get a photo with him next year on the German Open 2012. It would be really frustrating for a huge fan like me not to get a photo with him .... maybe I can play with him if I work as a volunteer there ... ahh just fantasizing again ... >.<
but that would be so fantastic!:P like you and Ma Lin or Benjamin and Zhang Jike .... :)

It is a little bit funny that he gave you the permission that he is the face of TTD .... he was it before he know the website :D
But Dan what would do if he had not gave you the permission? Ignore? New Design? Give up TTD :D?

Haha, that would be awesome if you get a knock with him! I think you would be to nervous and miss every ball :P

Lol I know if he didnt give permission I would have finished and closed down the site hehe :).. Ma Long is our hero! 2012 Olympic Champion Tim? Hmm that makes me think, I may try to play with him at the London 2012 Games hehe

Dave Cochrane
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
unfortunately not going to pro tour grand finals :(
i really wanted to go because all the best of the best will be there.
oh well i will make sure i watch online etc

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
oh yes liam really looks to be going places, i got told he was given a BMW car as some sort of sponsorship, would be amazing if it's true having a car like that at his age :)
he's a guy well worth investing in.

Haha yeah I didnt hear! I saw the picture of it on his facebook pictures hehe! He sure has the car, I believe all 2012 hopefuls and athletes get a car from BMW :)

p.s. pretty cool life eh :P

Hard work pays off..

Dave Cochrane
10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Haha, that would be awesome if you get a knock with him! I think you would be to nervous and miss every ball :P

Lol I know if he didnt give permission I would have finished and closed down the site hehe :).. Ma Long is our hero! 2012 Olympic Champion Tim? Hmm that makes me think, I may try to play with him at the London 2012 Games hehe

ha ha i can just imagine him thinking about it when you ask and ma lin wonders over and says in chinese "he's ok he's one of my bro's" lol :)

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:41 PM
unfortunately not going to pro tour grand finals :(
i really wanted to go because all the best of the best will be there.
oh well i will make sure i watch online etc

Ahh man! Me and Lloyd are going to be there, a repeat of the English Open I think. I will upload some cool stuff, well try to hehe. Tickets for London 2012 you have?

Dan
10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
ha ha i can just imagine him thinking about it when you ask and ma lin wonders over and says in chinese "he's ok he's one of my bro's" lol :)

LMAO! That would be the coolest thing! It makes me cringe watching that video of me and Ma Lin... In shoes! Hung Over! Not even my bat! Ahh I wish I could of gone full at him in my gear ect hehe... neverless was awesome experience :D

Bollforte94
10-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Dan, I would show him how to play a killer forehand topspin =D =D

He absolutly deserved to be in the list of the Olympic Games Men's singles but actually top chinese deserved it!
They train much harder and play better!
Hard choice for Liu Gouliang but if Ma Long remains on this level he can't ignore him!
A Ma Long - Zhang Jike or Ma Long - Wang Hao or Ma Long - Timo Boll final would be so epic!
I would cry if Ma Long wins it! :)

azlan
10-25-2011, 07:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing that The Champ was already the face of TTD...he gave the permission a year later. hahaha
Not too shabby Dan, not at all....hope we can get hold of him and do an exclusive interview now that he is "legal" man hehehe.

Matt Hetherington
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Lol cheers Matt. not your usual picture isit :) .. does this make up for my forfeit? :P

Absolutely not :)

ttmonster
10-25-2011, 08:05 PM
this is awesome dan !!! congrats !!! way to go tt-daily

Dan
10-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Dan, I would show him how to play a killer forehand topspin =D =D

He absolutly deserved to be in the list of the Olympic Games Men's singles but actually top chinese deserved it!
They train much harder and play better!
Hard choice for Liu Gouliang but if Ma Long remains on this level he can't ignore him!
A Ma Long - Zhang Jike or Ma Long - Wang Hao or Ma Long - Timo Boll final would be so epic!
I would cry if Ma Long wins it! :)

Haha I believe he deserves to be in the 2012 list. To be honest, Wang Hao has had a lot of chances in the Olympics.. if Ma Long doesnt go, his next Olympics won't be until he is 27! Crazy!

It is hard for Liu but I think he needs to think about the moment and forget the past :)..

Yes! Ma Long, Timo Boll would the be the most awesome final ever! And I have to say Im sorry but Timo Boll FTW! I would cry if he won ha, he is our hope and saviour for Europe TT :)

I was thinking the same thing that The Champ was already the face of TTD...he gave the permission a year later. hahaha
Not too shabby Dan, not at all....hope we can get hold of him and do an exclusive interview now that he is "legal" man hehehe.

Haha better late then never a Azlan :) . An interview is a big ask, we will see :P

Absolutely not :)

:(( Ill get a video sorted soon bro

this is awesome dan !!! congrats !!! way to go tt-daily

Thanks ttmonster! thanks for supporting!

GDP
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Very cool! Like having Michael Jordan or David Beckham giving a site a thumbs up. Ma long could be the greatest ever. Time will tell.

T_Hipnos_T
10-25-2011, 09:34 PM
That Excitng!

:cool:

Dan
10-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Very cool! Like having Michael Jordan or David Beckham giving a site a thumbs up. Ma long could be the greatest ever. Time will tell.

Hehe thinking about it, it is the equivalent :) Awesome!

That Excitng!

:cool:

It is T_Hipnos_T

Welcome to the site! :)

dici
10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh my god, I love you Dan, and also Stiga for doing this.

Mattis
10-25-2011, 10:04 PM
this is just wow.. if i would be you, i would be undescribely euphoric

Anders
10-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Awesome! Fantastic STIGA and Dan! :D

Dan
10-25-2011, 11:30 PM
this is just wow.. if i would be you, i would be undescribely euphoric

Haha! :) I don't think it has sunk in just of yet lol

DKPOWA
10-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Life achievement ;) Congrats!!

marcosmadrid
10-26-2011, 12:21 AM
nice man hahahaha perfect photo

Wilco
10-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Congrats!
Nothing is impossible! :)

Bryce
10-26-2011, 01:48 AM
Wow Dan, how do you manage the time to achieve this sort of thing! Maybe you can teach Ma Long how to use the forum haha.

poltery
10-26-2011, 09:14 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally Ma long will recognize the greatest TT forum ever made!!!!!
I hope the chinese team will make TTD their main forum :))))))))

Michal_Z
10-26-2011, 04:43 PM
At first I thought this might be some kind of photoshop job..
But then. . wov..

Amazing, its really cool!

Now just to wait untill Ma Long learns a little english and he might get curious of what the hell is this table tennis daily.. :D

Mr. RicharD
10-26-2011, 06:03 PM

Wow Dan that's pretty sick. It's great that Ma Long was so cool with it. And as far as I know he already knows how to speak english. It might be a bit broken, but I would assume that he would know how to google translate if need be.

As far as London it would be great to hit with him as well as any of the Chinese players. I'm hoping to fly across the pond and get there early to get some good videos and/or pics with the Chinese players. It'd be awesome to hit with them as well.

What're your personal hopes next year at the Olympics. Who're you going to be looking out for especially?

Dan
10-26-2011, 06:14 PM
At first I thought this might be some kind of photoshop job..
But then. . wov..

Amazing, its really cool!

Now just to wait untill Ma Long learns a little english and he might get curious of what the hell is this table tennis daily.. :D

Haha how awesome would that be if he joined the site! You never know he may have a browse one day hehe:)

Wow Dan that's pretty sick. It's great that Ma Long was so cool with it. And as far as I know he already knows how to speak english. It might be a bit broken, but I would assume that he would know how to google translate if need be.

As far as London it would be great to hit with him as well as any of the Chinese players. I'm hoping to fly across the pond and get there early to get some good videos and/or pics with the Chinese players. It'd be awesome to hit with them as well.

What're your personal hopes next year at the Olympics. Who're you going to be looking out for especially?

Yeah I presume he can speak a little English as he is in Europe a lot and basic English will help him :)

Hmm london 2012? I have tickets for the semi final and finals so I cannot wait!

I really want to meet Timo Boll! I hope I can do a little something with him, depends when I catch him. If he is busy and what not. What are your plans Mr Richard? Did you get tickets?

I think getting into the training hall could be a difficult task.. so getting a knock with 1 of the players could be an impossible challenge hehe

sunilcse04
10-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Wondering if even u get a chance to knock with Ma Long, will u be able smash any balls back to him ?? :P :D

scylla24
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
That is absolutely awesome! Great to see that you were able to get this, you, through your efforts with this site, have really made this site what it is, getting sponsorship from different groups, communicating with other groups related to the table tennis community such as Vinqui, and now this. Awesome!

It's also good to see that the Chinese team is really doing more to try to establish a positive image and a fan base with other people around the world, they seem to be much more willing to hit around with people, sign autographs for fans, etc, now than they were a decade or more ago.

YosuaYosan
10-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Whoa !
Have just seen this ! EPIC !

Mr. RicharD
10-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah I presume he can speak a little English as he is in Europe a lot and basic English will help him :)

Hmm london 2012? I have tickets for the semi final and finals so I cannot wait!

I really want to meet Timo Boll! I hope I can do a little something with him, depends when I catch him. If he is busy and what not. What are your plans Mr Richard? Did you get tickets?

I think getting into the training hall could be a difficult task.. so getting a knock with 1 of the players could be an impossible challenge hehe

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get into the arena. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the tickets as well as the stay. I'm meeting up with some College buddies of mine. We haven't seen each other in like 2 years and he lives in HK so he has easy access to London. Plus I have other friends around the UK area. I'm just in general looking to meet up and watch the city explode with excitement during the Olympic events.

You'll have to let me know where the best clubs are in London because I'd love to hit around as well as watch the game with other TT players.

TT Guru
10-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Is it just me, or is he missing half an eyebrow??

WiWa
10-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Is it just me, or is he missing half an eyebrow??

Haha kinda looks like that but I think it is just the light that comes from that side on his head that makes it look a bit like that.

Bollforte94
10-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Flew away from topspin practise

r7racer
10-27-2011, 02:59 AM
that is awesome!
i'm sure there may be some plugins for automatic english-chinese translations and vice versa.

Dan
10-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get into the arena. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the tickets as well as the stay. I'm meeting up with some College buddies of mine. We haven't seen each other in like 2 years and he lives in HK so he has easy access to London. Plus I have other friends around the UK area. I'm just in general looking to meet up and watch the city explode with excitement during the Olympic events.

You'll have to let me know where the best clubs are in London because I'd love to hit around as well as watch the game with other TT players.

Yeah you are right the city will explode! Its going to be awesome you will have a great time.

More nearer the time ill make the London 2012 thread and ill display the clubs and everything people need and want to know :)

By the way thanks for your amazing contributions to the site :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

ge0rge
10-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Really great picture! You are so lucky that stiga has offered you this picture!:)

Dan
10-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Really great picture! You are so lucky that stiga has offered you this picture!:)

Hehe yes was very nice of them. I do a lot of advertising for Stiga facebook page to :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

zookato
11-04-2011, 05:27 AM
Awesome Dan ^_^ :)

Michal_Z
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I would like to see Ma Longs reaction if he would see Xu Xin ripping his head from the picture..

If he would smile or get mad.. ?! :D

WiWa
11-17-2011, 03:30 PM
I would like to see Ma Longs reaction if he would see Xu Xin ripping his head from the picture..

I don't think Ma Long has the possibility to get mad ;) He's too nice for that haha.

Dan
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Ma Long probably has no idea Xu Xin did this to hehe..

I am thinking of making some TableTennisDaily posters with their images! :)

Good idea guys... any ideas?

Team Tackyfire
11-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Great post dan ma long is definatley one of the best players in the world look unbeatable / unplayable can't wait to ee him at ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals
Ma Long and zhang Jike in the final would be great

Dan
11-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Great post dan ma long is definatley one of the best players in the world look unbeatable / unplayable can't wait to ee him at ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals
Ma Long and zhang Jike in the final would be great

Thanks Team Tackyfire!

Awesome I'm going to to Pro Tour Grand Finals to! Can't wait! I hope its a Zhang Jike - Ma Long final! I couldn't ask for anything more :P

TTHopeful
12-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Revived, what a photo!