PDA

View Full Version : Zhang Jike using Tenergy 05 on the forehand!

TTHopeful
11-13-2017, 03:25 PM
After reading StehTischtenni's post in the Chinese equipment topic, I just thought this needs its own talk here. Can someone please explain how this is possible... ZJK has used Hurricane all his life and now he is seen using Tenergy 05 on the forehand side at the German Open last week.....

Atas Newton
11-13-2017, 03:35 PM
He also looks 45 on this pic :-(

yoass
11-13-2017, 03:39 PM
H3N is extremely demanding. If you can’t supply the immense power it needs, you need to mend and make do.

Might be all there’s to that. And yes, he looks spent. Memories of true greatness and deep respect remains. May he be reinvagorated, reborn, and rise again!

Ilia Minkin
11-13-2017, 03:43 PM
Obviously he has not been playing well, and he is trying to change something.

tropical
11-13-2017, 03:56 PM
TMS syndrome is common for popular guys like him.

drunix80
11-13-2017, 05:00 PM

I think he will be back. He got TMS due to his TT. If his TT level goes down his TMS quality goes down ( girls would stop giving S**t) . So either he gets married and vanishes or improves his level amd enjoy more TMS.

Suga D
11-13-2017, 05:05 PM
Reminiscin'

https://youtu.be/sspWoTSznJ0

ajtatosmano2
11-13-2017, 05:29 PM
Now this is really interesting. Zhou Yu also used red rubber on his FH, maybe T05 as well? CNT was complaining about the new ball favouring the european players. Maybe that's why they are changing equipment.

Ilia Minkin
11-13-2017, 06:18 PM
I think he will be back. He got TMS due to his TT. If his TT level goes down his TMS quality goes down ( girls would stop giving S**t) . So either he gets married and vanishes or improves his level amd enjoy more TMS.

What is TMS?

ping fun
11-13-2017, 06:28 PM

And 25 in this pic ... man of every age ;)

yoass
11-13-2017, 06:38 PM

You mean to say you think he has tension myositis syndrome? Why?

TTHopeful
11-13-2017, 06:44 PM
He is such a big asset for the CNT he really making tt popular and cool. Hope he can find form....

StehTischtennis
11-13-2017, 09:46 PM

To be fair nobody looks good while performing difficult table tennis shots. :cool:

Case in point:

P.S How can I post larger versions of my pictures?

yogi_bear
11-14-2017, 02:11 AM
Do you guys think that because of his injuries, he switched to T05 because it is less physically demanding compared to using a tuned H# National on the forehand?

Atas Newton
11-14-2017, 03:40 AM
To be fair nobody looks good while performing difficult table tennis shots. :cool:

yes, I was more or less joking :-) The shot was taken right after a push stroke so there's a bit of an upward/backward acceleration from straightening back into position, it places a little extra g-force and thus a little extra weight on the player's face. Here's Captain Ma suffering from the same

QWERTY Spin
11-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Couldnt it also be that he gave a few of his national rubbers to another player? I am not too familiar with the equipment system in china though. A provincinal player could profit from it and i read somewhere (in this forum i believe) that he did this before.
Just a thought.

OhWell
11-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Couldnt it also be that he gave a few of his national rubbers to another player? I am not too familiar with the equipment system in china though. A provincinal player could profit from it and i read somewhere (in this forum i believe) that he did this before.
Just a thought.

Explaining why ZJK switched to T05 on forehand?

We can safely bet the house against that option.

RidTheKid
11-14-2017, 04:59 PM
Lol! :D

explaining why zjk switched to t05 on forehand?

We can safely bet the house against that option.

ajtatosmano2
11-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Just a thought.

Yeah he gave some of his rubbers to a kid. Other CNT players give off their rubbers more often, that was the first recorded time ZJK gave off his rubbers.

RidTheKid
11-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Depends on which rubbers they're referring to :D

Yeah he gave some of his rubbers to a kid. Other CNT players give off their rubbers more often, that was the first recorded time ZJK gave off his rubbers.

OhWell
11-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Depends on which rubbers they're referring to :D

Shhhhhh! There are kids in the house we bet!

ping fun
11-15-2017, 03:30 AM

yeah he gave 5 rubbers to Xiang Peng a rookie in china's national team

RidTheKid
11-15-2017, 07:16 AM
But that has nothing to do with ZJK using T05 on his fh. His physical shape doesn't allow for him to fully capitalize on h3 with blue sponge.

yeah he gave 5 rubbers to Xiang Peng a rookie in china's national team

JST
11-15-2017, 07:28 AM
(Which is btw. funny. If he isn't then what are all these guys on this forum doing with these supposedly superhard national H3 versions on their FH? Sorry, just sarcasm attack stroke me on Wednesday morning;)

But that has nothing to do with ZJK using T05 on his fh. His physical shape doesn't allow for him to fully capitalize on h3 with blue sponge.

RidTheKid
11-15-2017, 07:32 AM
I fail to see the point since H3 is a tremendous rubber.

(Which is btw. funny. If he isn't then what are all these guys on this forum doing with these supposedly superhard national H3 versions on their FH? Sorry, just sarcasm attack stroke me on Wednesday morning;)

ping fun
11-15-2017, 09:26 AM

Yeah I know . I told for more info

SFF_lib
11-15-2017, 10:21 AM
(Which is btw. funny. If he isn't then what are all these guys on this forum doing with these supposedly superhard national H3 versions on their FH? Sorry, just sarcasm attack stroke me on Wednesday morning;)At professional level ZJK needs to produce a professional level FH. With age + injuries he can produce that level of power with H3 BS. Tenergy is much more powerful than H3 with medium stroke.

For amateurs, we just need to produce enough FH power to win a game. For people like me, I train to actively engage the BS of my H3. Ofc my FH loop is enough to win some games in my club.

Let's say uninjured ZJK plays H3, his FH power is 2000. If he plays Tenergy, FH power = 1900.

The injured ZJK plays H3, his FH power is 1500. If he plays tenergy, his FH power is 1800.

If I plays H3, my FH power is 300. But because I have no injuries, Tenergy more or less will compromise my FH power to 250.

Hope that explains why many amateurs stick to H3.

Passionate about TT

Garrison
11-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Obviously ZJK switched to T05 because he is an EJ and the two best players in the world play it ;) ;) ;)

RidTheKid
11-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Incorrect, Ma Long uses H3 ;)

Obviously ZJK switched to T05 because he is an EJ and the two best players in the world play it ;) ;) ;)

JST
11-15-2017, 11:23 AM
Thanks for explanation but my bad morning joke was specifically about so-called national version where you guys are willing to pay basically double the price of T05 (meaning tripple or more the price of standard H3/H3n) just for harder sponge of different color and feeling that "captain Ma's rubber gives you wings". I believe you can get such product from DHS without needing to get "national" version. Otherwise H3n is great product, I have it myself on my spare bat, I deeply respect ML and whole CNT for their mastering the game. It was really just a joke and it wasn't personal to you or RTK, because I didn't check your bio guys before posting. Otherwise I would anticipate that you won't laugh with me... end of off-topic jokes, back to ZJK!

At professional level ZJK needs to produce a professional level FH. With age + injuries he can produce that level of power with H3 BS. Tenergy is much more powerful than H3 with medium stroke.

Hope that explains why many amateurs stick to H3.

Passionate about TT

Suga D
11-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Thanks for explanation but my bad morning joke was specifically about so-called national version where you guys are willing to pay basically double the price of T05 (meaning tripple or more the price of standard H3/H3n) just for harder sponge of different color and feeling that "captain Ma's rubber gives you wings". I believe you can get such product from DHS without needing to get "national" version. Otherwise H3n is great product, I have it myself on my spare bat, I deeply respect ML and whole CNT for their mastering the game. It was really just a joke and it wasn't personal to you or RTK, because I didn't check your bio guys before posting. Otherwise I would anticipate that you won't laugh with me... end of off-topic jokes, back to ZJK!

Still not very accurate. Your reasoning might hold true for National H3N blue sponge, but not for the H3N orange sponge. National H3N OS costs 65$ whereas T05 costs about 70$

H3N provincial (which is more than enough for amateur players who don't compete on National level) is even cheaper. Orange sponge is usually around 40$ and Blue sponge is around 50$

If my math is right, then that could be a bit less compared to the 70bucks...

[Emoji6]

Baal
11-15-2017, 12:40 PM
Do you guys think that because of his injuries, he switched to T05 because it is less physically demanding compared to using a tuned H# National on the forehand?

Possibly.

Alternatively he thinks it may help him with ABS balls.

Alternatively he has been playing terribly for considerably more than a year and is desperately willing to try about anything at this point.

The one thing for sure is that it means that he is not quite ready to throw in the towel (but may be getting close to that).

bbkon
11-15-2017, 02:39 PM

what is TMS?

ajtatosmano2
11-15-2017, 08:16 PM
-------------------------------

RidTheKid
11-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Could it be directives from Butterfly?

Possibly.

Alternatively he thinks it may help him with ABS balls.

Alternatively he has been playing terribly for considerably more than a year and is desperately willing to try about anything at this point.

The one thing for sure is that it means that he is not quite ready to throw in the towel (but may be getting close to that).

ajtatosmano2
11-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Could it be directives from Butterfly?

I don't think so. Surely not a directive, but it might be a new contract. But I still don't think this is the case.

42andbackpains
11-15-2017, 10:00 PM
or maybe he is using one of the new Tenergy 05N or 05C......hhhhmmmmm:confused:

Lamtq
11-16-2017, 01:22 AM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tabletennisdaily.com%2Fforum%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D14362%26amp%3Bd%3D150694618514685
ZJK use new Tenergy!?

dariushbabri
11-27-2017, 04:29 PM

Lightzy
11-28-2017, 12:33 AM
1) What are these new tenergy05s?

2) I think it's because of the ABS ball. I got to play with them yesterday and it makes some sense to me.

TTHopeful
11-28-2017, 04:49 PM
A chinese journalist needs to interview zjk so we can get to the bottom of this :)))

Lightzy
11-28-2017, 07:53 PM
BTW I've read on the other forum that one of the new butterfly rubbers is a tacky one, so maybe he's using that to test it? Maybe that's what the tenergy C or N are about. Who knows.

SFF_lib
11-28-2017, 08:35 PM
BTW I've read on the other forum that one of the new butterfly rubbers is a tacky one, so maybe he's using that to test it? Maybe that's what the tenergy C or N are about. Who knows.If it's true, a tacky topsheet+ spring sponge has finally come true.

Passionate about TT

thomas.pong
11-28-2017, 08:52 PM
If it's true, a tacky topsheet+ spring sponge has finally come true.

Passionate about TT

Joola recently released the Golden Tango with these exact attributes.

SFF_lib
11-29-2017, 03:03 AM
Joola recently released the Golden Tango with these exact attributes.Yeah I am still waiting for my H3 national to die or when GT goes on special.

GT received some good reviews.

Passionate about TT

thomas.pong
11-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Yeah I am still waiting for my H3 national to die or when GT goes on special.

GT received some good reviews.

Passionate about TT

Indeed. Can't believe it took any company this long to put two and two together, especially with the plastic ball and with so many people on the forums mentioning this idea and asking for it for so long. Would have thought either DHS, Yasaka or Stiga to be the first to release something like this... Wonder if any other company will follow suit, and if either new Tenergy is such a rubber. It's not as if Joola as marketed the Golden Tango much either as of yet...