Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi guys,

So I've somehow got back stage at this years Butterfly photo shoot :) Tomorrow I will be doing a interview with Timo Boll!

timobolldantabletennisdaily.jpg

Submit all your questions here and ill try to ask Timo as many as I can!

cache.php

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
What are his thoughts on age in TT - how long does he think he can carry on as a pro at the very top level, taking into account he is playing some of his best TT now?

This user has no status.
You are arguably one of the most likeable athletes on the whole circuit. One would argue this is due to your calmness, sportsmanship and positive attitude. Did your parents and/or coach guide you to be this way when growing up as a table tennis player or are you naturally this awesome?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Timo, did you let Dima win the World cup?? :p
(that is a teasing one, but please, ask him :D )

Timo - the older you get, the better you play! Are you going to step into Waldner´s footsteps and going to beat few chinese players in Tokio?

Timo - what do you think about food? Is it important for you? Do you have some diet or way of eating? (vegetarian, vegan, macrobiotic food, rawfood etc..)

PS: I heared some rummors, that you got some players available for you when you want to train. Is that position free? I want it! :D

Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
hey I'm really hoping that you ask the legend 'Timo Boll' this question for me please, " what was the key that drove you all the way to become the World No#1
apart from determination, and where did your motivation to keep on achieving more and more, come from ". thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Does he have some explanation for the sudden surge in strength of his and Dima. In a current interview Rösskopf mentioned he and Dima would beam from confidence. Would he attribute it mainly to mentality?

The victory against Lee Sangsu was very impressive, I think. Was that a display of that new positive mindset or were other factors, e.g. he seemed to have serious problems with the return of Boll's service.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
We have seen Timo being more aggressive on the backhand and seemingly moving faster in the last few months. Has he worked on anything specific or made any specific strategic / technical changes recently ... does he feel that his body is stronger than before after the surgery last year ?

We saw his plan on creating an online table tennis platform to share technical tips and analyze videos. Does he have any details to share on this and what is his target audience ? Is it going to be restricted to professional / semi professional players or open to everybody including amateurs and even beginners ? How is it going to differentiate itself from existing online coaching programs ?

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Are you still training like in your 20s or do you take more breaks now and prepare for the tournaments in the weeks prior? How satisfied are you with the current quality of balls and do you see chances of China's mens team being beaten at the 2018 world championship?

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Where did you develop your unique style, and where did your grip change, service and forehand receive technique innovations come from?

Will you ever come to NZ? :p

And finally, how have you been able to have such a strong winning record against Jun Mizutani Pre 2015/2016?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Dear Timo,

Your play and results seem to have dipped by 2016, partly due to (back?) injury (I think).
Yet, you are now at the top of your game in 2017, and it's great to see!
What do you attribute this regain of strength to? Healing, change of training, more motivation, change of tactics, long adaptation to the plastic ball, new better plastic balls...?
And what in particular has allowed you to beat Ma Long and other Chinese players this year?

Also, why do you favor the Straight handle over the Flared?

Best!

- Thomas

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
http://www.twoeggz.com/news/4745901.html
In this Chinese news, Timo mentioned that Butterfly will make him new sticky rubbers more suitable for close-to-table play. Does he think close-to-table works better for the new material ball?
http://sports.people.com.cn/n1/2017/1025/c22162-29607556.html
He also mentioned in the above interview after World Cup that he developed some new techniques and tactics during T2 League. Will he play T2 in next season? What does he find different from other leagues he played, like in Germany and China?
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-11/24/c_136775014.htm
In this Xinhua News interview, he mentioned he has regular medical checks every two weeks. Is it for back injury? Does he have any special physical training other than technical training?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It will be great if somebody has the time and energy to translate these interviews ... the google translation is not very good ...
http://www.twoeggz.com/news/4745901.html
In this Chinese news, Timo mentioned that Butterfly will make him new sticky rubbers more suitable for close-to-table play. Does he think close-to-table works better for the new material ball?
http://sports.people.com.cn/n1/2017/1025/c22162-29607556.html
He also mentioned in the above interview after World Cup that he developed some new techniques and tactics during T2 League. Will he play T2 in next season? What does he find different from other leagues he played, like in Germany and China?
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-11/24/c_136775014.htm
In this Xinhua News interview, he mentioned he has regular medical checks every two weeks. Is it for back injury? Does he have any special physical training other than technical training?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Could you talk about the place you put your index finger on the blade when you return serve? Should we all be doing it the way you do?