Hurricane 3 with Mazunov

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I know there have been a lot of discussions about which blades to use with which rubbers lately, but I can't resist to ask this.
What would you think of using a regular Hurricane 3 provincial on a heavy mazunov blade? What would it do with the dwell time? Might it have a negative impact on the control or the ability to produce spin seeing it is a hard rubber?

I'm really interested in what you guys think :)

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Don't think it works. Hard+Hard is good for smashes, but hurricane is not a smashing rubber.

Reactions: Herbert
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am playing wth a Mazunov on and off now. It is truly a fantastic blade, far more control than you would expect for a blade so fast. I am not bold enough to reduce the head size but I wish I could do so and test.

I suspect that I might develop a setup with short pips on the backhand that uses just to reduce the weight if it comes to that. But I think I could use Nexy Karis M on both sides almost fine but I Want a really potent forehand rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Mazunov and H3

Hi all

I have just found this discussion thread.

I have played with a Mazunov blade and H3 (Normal standard and only unboosted) on my FH and either DHS G666 or G888 or on my BH for about 15 years now and absolutely love it.

I have tried and have numerous other blades and rubber combinations and still keep coming back to my original older Mazunov. It is heavy, now has cracks in the blade to handle joints, which I have filled with glue and I have repaired the edges every year or so! But the feel is very good and consistent. I play mainly defensive, mainly BH chopping, but sometimes attack and often from a long way back from the table.

On the FH I have tried the Mazunov with H3, Skylander TG 3, G666 and G888 and on the BH I have tried it with G666, G888, Double Fish 830, RITC 2000 Tack-Speed, 729 Geospin Tacky, PF4, all tacky, super spinny and slower BH rubbers.

I have recently purchased the Hurricane 8 and a Provincial H3 which I have yet to try.

I also have another Mazunov which is about 5 years newer, but it feels much lighter then the original and has less feel, particularly on my BH, so I only keep it as a back up bat.

I have also tried my Butterfly TriCarbon, Stiga Clipper WRB, Stiga Ulf Tickan Carlson, Stiga 2000 with H3 and some of the other rubbers, but I still keep coming back to the older Mazunov.

I hope this is helpful to the conversation.

Mal