FH loop video

This user has no status.

I've already tried a lot to fix my follow-through but it just doesn't feel natural, it's now not so much to the left. I've tried to lower my centre of gravity by a lot but still it looks high!!!! And my waist just refuses to bend down, it's so hard.

What do you guys think?

This user has no status.
it doesn't feel natural because you're pulling yourself to standing position - EVERY time you follow through. it means you're bobbing like one of those little car bobble head thingos.

start down but focus your energy on STAYING down once you're there. just because your arm comes up to salute, doesnt mean your entire body has to.

once you've fixed this we'll worry about some of the other stuff ;)

This user has no status.
Yup. I intentionally pull my weight up, so that i can feel the weight transfer helping to "pull" the ball forward and upwards. Of course that has to be minimized once I am more familiar with the weight transfer. But just my opinion. I just looked up a training video of Wang Hao and Wang Liqin. Notice how Wang Hao and WLQ also have their follow-through to his side a bit(in front of the left shoulder!). And also, Wang Hao in particular stands pretty upright too, but bends a bit more forward(this is freaking hard). WLQ has to bend a lot lower but then i'm about Wang Hao's height, not WLQ's.

This user has no status.
yes he does, but he keeps himself in the same position and stable the whole time, hes' not popping up and down. their knees are both bent, but they are stable in their swings and follow thru, regardless of the stroke they are playing.

i agree with you. As I've said I'm just trying to "feel" the weight transfer. Until I get the weight transfer correct, I'll rather pop up and down like a clown(!) rather than not have any weight transfer and having a stable centre of gravity. I will fix the gravity part once I feel I've got the weight transfer correct. Thanks for your comment!

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I like your enthusiasm buddy. Your stroke does look better. WLQ and WHao are quite upright coz they're just doing some warm up strokes initially. You may look at 2:57 and how WLQ bent his knees. His left knee maintaining that position at all times. Nevertheless, I must say a gallant effort buddy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but try to relax your leg and feet? But yeah, the warm up stroke is kind of a little than a loop. And actually, it is a good practice/drill, because to me, it is the fundamental stuff. Like how to control the ball direction, how to open or close your bat angle when a ball is coming.

hm... from your video, you feel that it looks weird maybe because of your hand/arm is going forward.

This user has no status.
Maybe you should pay attention to your upper arm.
Looping generally will take your upper arm to the shoulder level.
Thats my first impression hope it helps :)

Yup. My main problem though, is the high centre of gravity. I've tried adopting a wider stance and it works wonders for lowering the centre of gravity(so that I'm not entirely crouching which would slow down movement by heaps). I just practised a bit and it indeed improved my power and spin significantly. I will post another video soon.