London 2018 Team World Cup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yu Ziyang was just selected as the 5th participant of China into 2018 London Men's Team World Cup.
Now Chinese national team has Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, Lin Gaoyuan and Yu Ziyang

Quite a surprise. I had expected Fang Bo or Yan An

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
There were two trials. One was among Fang Bo, Yan An, Zhou Yu and Lin Gaoyuan and Lin Gaoyuan won after beating Zhou Yu then Yan An. Another one was just finished today (participants were not fully revealed yet) and Yu Ziyang won after beating Wang Chuqin.

The list of 2nd trials (U21): Yu Ziyang, Wang Chuqin, Zhou Qihao, Liu Dingshuo, Xue Fei, Zhao Zihao, Niu Guankai, Yuan Licen

Quite a surprise. I had expected Fang Bo or Yan An

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
There were two trials. One was among Fang Bo, Yan An, Zhou Yu and Lin Gaoyuan and Lin Gaoyuan won after beating Zhou Yu then Yan An. Another one was just finished today (participants were not fully revealed yet) and Yu Ziyang won after beating Wang Chuqin.

The list of 2nd trials (U21): Yu Ziyang, Wang Chuqin, Zhou Qihao, Liu Dingshuo, Xue Fei, Zhao Zihao, Niu Guankai, Yuan Licen

Thanks a lot. Still surprising to me. Didn´t see any of his latest performances yet.
Do you know if there are any Videos from the trials?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I don't think there will be any videos. The draw and results of the second trial may be released in a few days.
In the first trial, LGY 3:2 ZY; YA 3:2 FB; LGY 3:1 YA

Thanks a lot. Still surprising to me. Didn´t see any of his latest performances yet.
Do you know if there are any Videos from the trials?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
CNT will hold a trial from Jan 5 to 6 to select 2 players out of 7 to attend women's Team World Cup along with DN, LSW and ZYL.
Candidates: WR#1 Chen Meng, #118 Wu Yang, #185 Mu Zi, #8 Wang Manyu,#10 Chen Xingtong, #52 Sun Yingsha and #210 Feng Yalan.
Who will take the highway to a World Champion title?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
How is this Yu Ziyang doing on China Super League? I didn't know him before.
Now CTTSL this season has finished first half. Yu Ziyang is ranked 11 with 6 wins and 8 losses.
The top 10 ranked are ML 13/1, LGY 12/1, FZD 11/4, FB 10/4, LJK 9/4, YA 10/4, XX 5/6, Zhou Qihao 12/6, Shang Kun 10/7, Liu Dingshuo 5/5. (CTTSL counts both singles and doubles If played)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Now CTTSL this season has finished first half. Yu Ziyang is ranked 11 with 6 wins and 8 losses.
The top 10 ranked are ML 13/1, LGY 12/1, FZD 11/4, FB 10/4, LJK 9/4, YA 10/4, XX 5/6, Zhou Qihao 12/6, Shang Kun 10/7, Liu Dingshuo 5/5. (CTTSL counts both singles and doubles If played)

Thanks for the detailed info!
It surprises me to see XX with a low win ratio, he was playing superbly good at China National Games. Is he injured or something like that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
XX did not always play singles this season. He sometimes played doubles and sometimes was arranged to play the fifth set while Shanghai lost before he played.
In singles, he beat Zhang Yudong(Jiangsu), Xia Yizheng (Shandong Weiqiao), Xu Ruifeng (Sichuan), Zhou Qihao(Anhui) and Yu Ziyang(Anhui). He lost to LGY(Shandong Weiqiao), Ma Te(Tianjin), Ren Hao(Shenzhen), Wang Chuqin (Bazhou).
In doubles, he paired with Cui Qinglei and lost to Jiangsu and Shandong Luneng.
In general Shanghai has not played well (3 wins and 6 losses). No news about XX's major injuries since he played German Open, Swedish Open and Grand Finals. He switched to DHS N301 blade and played the above tour events but changed again (not sure what blade) during CTTSL. Maybe he needs time to adjust to the new blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
XX did not always play singles this season. He sometimes played doubles and sometimes was arranged to play the fifth set while Shanghai lost before he played.
In singles, he beat Zhang Yudong(Jiangsu), Xia Yizheng (Shandong Weiqiao), Xu Ruifeng (Sichuan), Zhou Qihao(Anhui) and Yu Ziyang(Anhui). He lost to LGY(Shandong Weiqiao), Ma Te(Tianjin), Ren Hao(Shenzhen), Wang Chuqin (Bazhou).
In doubles, he paired with Cui Qinglei and lost to Jiangsu and Shandong Luneng.
In general Shanghai has not played well (3 wins and 6 losses). No news about XX's major injuries since he played German Open, Swedish Open and Grand Finals. He switched to DHS N301 blade and played the above tour events but changed again (not sure what blade) during CTTSL. Maybe he needs time to adjust to the new blade.
Please don't start compiling the list of excuses for Xu Xin before the matches even begin. I know all 10 of them by heart. It's the same list used by all super fans for all the top world players. It is much more enlightening to go into the actual weaknesses of these players that they need work on (skills, tactics, and mental composure). That is precisely what their competitors and those competitors' coaches do and it pays off regularly.
PS., I apologize profoundly for someone's ugly comment about you being a petty-minded woman. I hate that sexist bullshit. I have great respect and appreciation for your analysis, even when I might disagree.