Super Tackiness!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Anyone have more information on this rubber? or is it a skill?

I think I have submitted something like this before, but couldn't find it. Nevermind, here is a similar video by WorldTableTennisMag on youtube

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think it's skill buddy. I can see the ball moving about on the rubber in slo mo. If it's tacky, the ball would've just stick right away...and he's going to have a hard time getting it off his bat hahahaha.

Yep. I sort of agree with Azlan. Why he can balance the ball like that is skill. The rubber might be tacky. But it might not. No rubber is so tacky that a ball would actually just stick to it. With a very tacky rubber you can press a ball into the rubber and get it to stick when you turn the blade face down. But if you had a rubber that was so tacky that the ball would just stick to it like that, pushes would be hard. You would try and do a soft push and the ball would get stuck to the racket. :) That would be funny.

I was waiting for them to show him looping with it. Then you could see how much spin he generated with the rubber. But that also would not tell us too much in a real way. It will be hard to tell how much of what is happening to create a lot of spin has to do with the rubber and how much has to do with his technique here too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Yep. I sort of agree with Azlan. Why he can balance the ball like that is skill. The rubber might be tacky. But it might not. No rubber is so tacky that a ball would actually just stick to it. With a very tacky rubber you can press a ball into the rubber and get it to stick when you turn the blade face down. But if you had a rubber that was so tacky that the ball would just stick to it like that, pushes would be hard. You would try and do a soft push and the ball would get stuck to the racket. :) That would be funny.

I was waiting for them to show him looping with it. Then you could see how much spin he generated with the rubber. But that also would not tell us too much in a real way. It will be hard to tell how much of what is happening to create a lot of spin has to do with the rubber and how much has to do with his technique here too.

Then what do you say about this?
I'm sure that guy is not using this kind of rubber though.

Then what do you say about this?
I'm sure that guy is not using this kind of rubber though.
I do this stuff 2...
I guess he utilizes the age and the surface of the ball.
The black markings on the ball increases the stickiness of the ball+ the super tacky Palio (thors???)
makes it easy for him to make the ball stay on the suface of the racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews

These are some basic exercises that I teach my students. If you've ever played badminton it's very similar. You watch the ball/shuttle and catch it at the top of its bounce or you match the falling speed of the ball/shuttle and slightly slow down to catch it.

Also the service that he's receiving above is a light side/topspin or even side/dead when it corscrews. Otherwise it would be rather hard for him to catch the ball in an open angle because the spin would generate too much rebound. If you watch closely the ball spins sideways so that's what makes me think it's slightly dead or top with some side.

Last edited: