Where should your balance be when playing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Basically I have a bit of a problem which is that I play with my weight on my left foot (see my blog post for more details) and I'm right handed which means I', not looping to well.

Should my weight be on my back foot so I can move into the ball to loop and then transfer it back on recovery or should it be balanced between the two and kind of rocked back on the backswing of the stroke?

I'm trying the second one but finding it's really slowing me down as I cannot transfer my weight quick enough to hit the ball.

Hope that makes sense.

says guys can u pls give me a table tennis training program?
says guys can u pls give me a table tennis training program?
Oct 2010
Basically I have a bit of a problem which is that I play with my weight on my left foot (see my blog post for more details) and I'm right handed which means I', not looping to well.

Should my weight be on my back foot so I can move into the ball to loop and then transfer it back on recovery or should it be balanced between the two and kind of rocked back on the backswing of the stroke?

I'm trying the second one but finding it's really slowing me down as I cannot transfer my weight quick enough to hit the ball.

Hope that makes sense.

:)just try tomaintain ur speed and force

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
when doing forehands it will give u more spin and power if u put weight on your back foot and transfer it during the stroke

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
hi mezmer, the best way is to keep an even balance between both your legs. Then when playing a forehand you should try to transfer your weight more onto your front foot, if you find this is slowing you down as you said then try to use your waist to get more power and still maintain balance and speed. Also in the ready position when receiving I think its best to keep an even balance then concentrate on the transfer of weight when playing the shot :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Awesome cheers Tom!

I get what you mean, I'm gonna focus on that for a while now : )

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
if u get ur balance correct it will improve your timing alot aswell good luck

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
You can go to www.pingskills.com or look up their videos on youtube, they have a particular video on how to position yourself when receiving a serve and when rallying. Their vids really help me step up my game alot!!