Adidas P5 alternatives

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I have played with Adidas P5 with max thickness (backhand and forehand) for about a year and I really love them but unfortunately Adidas don't make rubbers anymore. Do you guys have a alternative with same specs, feel etc.

I think Yogi_Bear reviewed it way back when, as a slightly slower T05 alternative with a slightly lower throw. That kind of fits the Nanoflex FT40 profile. I happen to have two nearly-new cut sheets of these lying around unused, a red and a black 2.1 and will part with them in case you're interested.

Patrick Hrdlicka did a very solid review on it a while ago, it's found at http://blog.tabletennis11.com/gewo-nanoflex-ft48-ft45-ft40-table-tennis-rubbers-reviews. He compares it to some Adidas rubbers as well, and perhaps that will help you relate it to the P5.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi all,

I have played with Adidas P5 with max thickness (backhand and forehand) for about a year and I really love them but unfortunately Adidas don't make rubbers anymore. Do you guys have a alternative with same specs, feel etc.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Bave

Given that P5 has a 47,5 degree sponge and not the softest topsheet you might want to try Tibhar Genius/Aurus or from the next generation Bluefire M1/Gewo Hype. The adidas rubbers were all a bit "me-too-ish" except for P7, which was one of the first with a softer topsheet for maximum spin and reduced speed.