Fred's Latest Vid

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

Nov 2010
This was us last night.

This user has no status.
Fred has pretty good feeling of the ball for topspin strokes, but I would suggest you step up the speed and intensity, to develop good fundamentals to develop him into a top player...hehe...ZJK in one of his interviews, said that his dad used to put a platform underneath him when he was young to train his FH.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
To be honest, I am injured, and can't do a lot more than block at the moment. I have a bad elbow which is restricting my wrist movement and preventing my normal followthrough on both FH and BH and also restricting the spin I can get on serves. It has been almost 2 months since the problem first started, but hopefully it will be better and I can go at him a bit more in the next vid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I agree with blahness on this ... currently play at a club where I see a lot of talented kids ... some of them are already at the USATT 2100 + levels and they are in the age group 12-15 I guess ... fred has a lot of potential .. try to get him train under a good coach .. that will get his footwork and basics spot on .. and then as they say .. the sky is the limit !!

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Fred does train under some very good coaches.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Dang sir jkc.
Its always a joy to watch his improvements.

Next Timo ?

Oh and if you don't mind, could you tell us what his current equipment ? ;)

He is using a Stiga Optimum Plus blade with 2mm Calibra LT on FH and 1.8mm Calibra LT Sound on BH.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Fred seems to like it, and it seems to suit his game, so we are really happy with it.
Personally, I like my Calibra on my T-4. My current sheets are about a year old, but I can't see the point of putting my new ones on until my arm injury gets better and I can play properly with it again.