Serve like Par Gerell

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Pingskills have sent in a video on a fantastic demonstration on how to serve like Stiga's Par Gerell.

gerell_24_05_10.jpg

Photo by: Remy Gros

Hope you all learnt something here :)

You can watch Par Gerell's serve in action in the video below

This user has no status.
I don't use it normally since I can generate massive spin on this serve and when the opponent returns it(my spin returned to me!!!), I make lots of mistakes attacking the return. But I always serve the really heavy backspin version of it during clutch situations( 9-9, 9-10 and deuce moments). Everybody seems to think that I can't possibly generate that much backspin using a reverse serve action, and they just can't believe that until they put 2 or 3 into the base of the net! :D

This is a post that i commented on their vid:
"I think this serve is really called the hook serve like MDS said it's already common w/ other penhold players like Wang Hao.

Btw here is an old TUT from my foreign friend

www.youtube.com/user/staysher4312#p/c/88C28AD*3B950CBD0/3/bqp68XnD_Eg"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This type of serve really hides the contact point of the ball in some situations. Especially when it is right-handed vs. left-handed. The contact point is often behind the body, for many people who use this type of serve. In those cases it should be called illegal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It's the same service that Wang Hao uses only in a Shakehand grip. It's very deceptive because you don't quite see the spin until it's on your side and if you do it properly you can't see exactly how much action you put on the ball from the point of contact because it's either behind or below the ball and due to the corkscrew effect it could do anything: top, under, dead all with right spin arc to it.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Oh and to add.
The most devastating element of this serve is the deception I believe since only little adjustment is needed to change the spin direction. Badass.

I agree. Fast long, slow short, fast long topside/side spin, slow short topside/side spin, fast long underside spin, slow short underside spin.....they all look almost the same! And this doesn't include the placements left or right side of the table..