PDA

View Full Version : A disturbance in the force: Feb 22-25 in London

WorkerBee
12-28-2017, 01:19 AM
Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, and Lin Gaoyuan will all face Tomokazu Harimoto in the World Team championships.

(12/29 clarification: unless the schedule keeps Japan away from China, and Germany or Korea knocks Japan out before the final, or the coaches choose other members to face each other - but it could happen)

Astorix
12-28-2017, 07:38 AM
We shouldn't expect to much from the young fella, shouldn't have high hopes. Not because we don't believe he could make it or think he don't "have it". Exactly because he can and have. he have all it needs and that's why i think it's not fair to him, we put all our expectations on his young shoulders.
For me, he has already proven himself. It is exciting to see such developement and growth through the opportunities modern Media has given us.
Nevertheless i expect some tough fights and spectacular TT :D the Future sure will bring more disturbance in force...

Tony's Table Tennis
12-28-2017, 09:12 AM
Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin, and Lin Gaoyuan will all face Tomokazu Harimoto in the World Team championships.

1) what make you think Harimoto will face them when Japan plays China
2) what make you think Japan will play China

WorkerBee
12-28-2017, 03:16 PM
1) what make you think Harimoto will face them when Japan plays China
2) what make you think Japan will play China(1) These are recently-confirmed team members (2) Only Germany has a chance to knock out Japan before they play China,

WorkerBee
12-28-2017, 04:36 PM
We shouldn't expect to much from the young fella...For me, I expect much bigger things from Tomo. It's just a matter of time, could be this year, or next, or the one after. His last two matches against Xu Xin indicate he has solved 95% of the Chinese problem.

ajtatosmano2
12-28-2017, 10:06 PM
(1) These are recently-confirmed team members (2) Only Germany has a chance to knock out Japan before they play China, and Germany is ranked much lower in team play

Korea on a good day might beat them as well. Lee Sang Su and Jang Woojin are capable to beat anyone in team japan, though it's more likely that they will lose.

WorkerBee
12-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Korea on a good day might beat them as well. Lee Sang Su and Jang Woojin are capable to beat anyone in team japan, though it's more likely that they will lose.So true. It's going to be a kick-ass championship

jamesmith
12-28-2017, 11:45 PM
how do we know who is playing for China team ????????

jamesmith
12-28-2017, 11:48 PM
where can we see the players list
????????????

jamesmith
12-29-2017, 12:11 AM
(1) These are recently-confirmed team members (2) Only Germany has a chance to knock out Japan before they play China, and Germany is ranked much lower in team play
where can we find the team members list ?????????

WorkerBee
12-29-2017, 12:35 AM
ITTF announced in their News section that China will include Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin and Lin Gaoyuan with one open spot. Open spots have to filled by Jan 12. The news seems to be coming from individual countries' table tennis reporters for now.

WorkerBee
12-29-2017, 01:08 AM
Here's something released from the organizers (how the teams and stages are planned):
https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2017/11/2018_TWC_Playing-System.pdf
and here is something else (the teams coming):
https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2017/11/2018_WTC_Qualified_list_of_teams.pdf
and here are the details of the match schedules for the 12 teams:
https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2017/11/2018_TWC_FINAL_SCHEDULE_.pdf_0.pdf

Tony's Table Tennis
12-29-2017, 06:26 AM
(1) These are recently-confirmed team members (2) Only Germany has a chance to knock out Japan before they play China,

Seems like you have inside information (hint match fixing) that I don't have

1) how do you know the player line up of Japan VS China - should Japan face China (that Harimoto will play....)
2) and how do you know Japan will face China

TTLOVE
12-29-2017, 07:09 AM
I hope to see Harimoto against Fan Zhendong or Ma Long. Harimoto meet ma long in early 2015 at polish Open but never meet Fan Zhendong on a single match.

jamesmith
12-29-2017, 09:33 AM
thank you very much

ITTF announced in their News section that China will include Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Xu Xin and Lin Gaoyuan with one open spot. Open spots have to filled by Jan 12. The news seems to be coming from individual countries' table tennis reporters for now.

WorkerBee
12-29-2017, 02:43 PM
where can we find the team members list ?????????Probably in a really nice leather briefcase sitting next to coffee and cake on a a fancy glass table overlooking Lake Geneva near ITTF HQ on the Swiss Riviera.

Hopefully it will all be released around Jan 12 when all the teams confirm their members

G_ZHANG
12-30-2017, 12:34 PM

The fifth player for China is Yu Ziyang.
The fifth place is picked from the U21 team. Yu Ziyang fought his way out.