small note for those who do FHs like me

This user has no status.

If you compare my elbow position with WLQ elbow position at the finish of the stroke, you'll see the root of my problem.

My elbow is tucked next to my body at all times during the stroke, whereas it should be in front of my body! Mizutani seems to have the same problem I do... LOL! look at this...

His follow-through is like mine, with the bat getting almost to the shoulder.

The extra power and control from WLQ, apparently comes from the rotation of the big arm about the shoulder, which obviously involves the bigger muscle group of the shoulder blades.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi buddy, don't fret too much about it. WLQ has a full arm action...where as Jun has what we called the "chicken wing" action. Timo too has got the same action as Jun, and most of the european players. I have a full arm action, just because I was coached and trained like that when I was really young.

Both actions uses different part of the muscles, and both have advantages and disadvantages.

This user has no status.
Hi buddy, don't fret too much about it. WLQ has a full arm action...where as Jun has what we called the "chicken wing" action. Timo too has got the same action as Jun, and most of the european players. I have a full arm action, just because I was coached and trained like that when I was really young.

Both actions uses different part of the muscles, and both have advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks, but I would much prefer a straight arm stroke, it seems so much more natural. Will develop and work on this further. Thanks for your input!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
With Timo and Jun they produce faster racket speed than you do. You tend to have more of a backswing, but you don't drive through the ball with your legs. Pay close attention to how weight is transferred from the back leg to the forward leg. You really need to get your hips and legs into the action to produce faster and stronger loops. Your arm should be straight up until the point of contact where you will bend the elbow to produce extra spin and release the ball from the rubber.

Mar 2011
Ok Blahness, I wish you luck. But do take note, the full arm action requires quicker response since your swing is bigger. So preparation is key. You will be mistake prone coz your body is a lot farther than the contact point. But my advice buddy, get your fundamentals right 1st before trying it out.
With the quick chicken wing stroke, you can execute it with just your upper body or even just the arm actions when you are pressed for time, but with the full arm action, there is no way you can. So, get yourself to swing with the legs and the entire body. I was trained by coach Li Fu Jung (LI Furong) - ex chinese national player, for 4 years. I remember him telling me that the full arm action was the way to go in the future..and that was in 1983! And in the 90's Wang Liqin showed the world.

Last edited: