Tibhar mx-p quality control

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Hi,

in the past i bought some used mxps and i liked the rubber a lot in that state.
So one day i pulled the trigger and bought a new one(black max).
I knew these rubbers are factory boosted a lot and it also had the smell. Now there where things that
surprised me in a negative way.

1. the rubber was medium hardness at best, it felt soft compare to the mxps i did try in the past, softer then a tenergy 05. This made it kind of uncontrollable, and the feeling of it was awful.( probably a lot booster cause this, with time the sponge should get harder). So i played a few times, wasnt pleased how it performed, and decided to take it off.
Another surprise here, the rubber came of the blade so easily, i never had that before happen.(wbg glue). Checking the sponge there was almost no glue on it, i would say 90% did stay on the blade(also first time i see this). The glue by it self on the blade was in a state how to describe it not firm at all , it was like a slime and very sticky(very hard to rub it off, despite being soft).

2. as i said rubber thickness was max. Sticker on tibhars package indicate 2,1-2,2mm. dont know how but i got to compare my mxp to the ten05, cause it looked the ten05 2.1mm was thicker(with the eye). Measuring the mxp mmm yep 1.9mm , but lets say at best 2.0mm , definately not 2.1mm or 2.2mm.

After a while i gave the rubber away. I got the opportunity to hit with the same rubber again lately and it felt better and played better(after 2 months).
Mxp is a good rubber especially for FH, but after my adventure with it(awful initial feel, rubber thickness, turning wbg in to slime etc., long waiting time till the rubber behaves "normally") i em a bit disappointed. I bought the rubber from official seller, maybe i got unlucky with it i dont know. But its hard to think that i can buy it again.

Would like to know if anyone had a comparable experience with it, or with another brand rubber. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
MX-P has been making waves in our club since it was first introduced and many players have now played it for years, changing every three months or so.
From that observation I can only assume you´ve had a very bad sheet. In mass production, these things can happen. Since you´ve had good experience with used rubbers before this even more looks like one foul apple, and you shouldn´t stay off buying MX-P again. If you come across another sheet that behaves that strangely in many ways, I suggest you take it back to the seller and ask for a replacement.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi,

in the past i bought some used mxps and i liked the rubber a lot in that state.
So one day i pulled the trigger and bought a new one(black max).
I knew these rubbers are factory boosted a lot and it also had the smell. Now there where things that
surprised me in a negative way.

1. the rubber was medium hardness at best, it felt soft compare to the mxps i did try in the past, softer then a tenergy 05. This made it kind of uncontrollable, and the feeling of it was awful.( probably a lot booster cause this, with time the sponge should get harder). So i played a few times, wasnt pleased how it performed, and decided to take it off.
Another surprise here, the rubber came of the blade so easily, i never had that before happen.(wbg glue). Checking the sponge there was almost no glue on it, i would say 90% did stay on the blade(also first time i see this). The glue by it self on the blade was in a state how to describe it not firm at all , it was like a slime and very sticky(very hard to rub it off, despite being soft).

2. as i said rubber thickness was max. Sticker on tibhars package indicate 2,1-2,2mm. dont know how but i got to compare my mxp to the ten05, cause it looked the ten05 2.1mm was thicker(with the eye). Measuring the mxp mmm yep 1.9mm , but lets say at best 2.0mm , definately not 2.1mm or 2.2mm.

After a while i gave the rubber away. I got the opportunity to hit with the same rubber again lately and it felt better and played better(after 2 months).
Mxp is a good rubber especially for FH, but after my adventure with it(awful initial feel, rubber thickness, turning wbg in to slime etc., long waiting time till the rubber behaves "normally") i em a bit disappointed. I bought the rubber from official seller, maybe i got unlucky with it i dont know. But its hard to think that i can buy it again.

Would like to know if anyone had a comparable experience with it, or with another brand rubber. Thanks.

Sorry to hear, must have been a mistake. I must have bought around 20 sheets of MX-P from TT11 over the last year and a half and my friend the same, and neither of us have ever experienced any of this with them. In fact, they've all been very good and consistent, even in weight. Don't let it deter you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
1) Maybe buy from TT11 next time.

2) If you like MXP without the booster better, open the package and leave the sponge exposed for a few days before you glue it on. That will allow a lot of the booster to evaporate. You could even leave it with the sponge facing up in front of a fan for a few hours.

3) You could always keep using used MXP since you like it better after the booster has fully evaporated.

I have used MXP a bunch of times and never had that problem either. But there are also other rubbers if that caused you to change your mind about MXP. But it does sound like an anomaly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
One thing that’s unsurprising: for the rubber to feel harder to control with the speed glue effect at its peak - fresh out of the box- than months later. That would explain why you preferred the old rubber you first got, but also why you preferred that new one after someone else used it for a few months.

For the glue: afaik many people prefer to put multiple layers of glue on Mx-P because of the size of the pores. That would explain why you could barely see any glue. (There’s also a small chance that it needed more glue to adhere to the blade properly.)

But the rest sounds odd indeed, not sure what’s up...

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Aright, thanks for the replies, What about the thickness can or did anybody measure the sponge thickness, and see if in max it is 2,1-2,2mm?

I don´t understand the question. The thickest Evolution rubbers are sold as 2.1/2.2 mm, you cannot buy "max" (except when a shop mislabels the rubbers). Maybe you´ll find single rubbers with slightly thicker sponges than 2.2, as you would find slightly thinner than 1.7 (which is called 1.7, not "min"). This happens in mass production. But in theory, maximum sponge thickness for an Evolution rubber is 2.2 mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I don´t understand the question. The thickest Evolution rubbers are sold as 2.1/2.2 mm, you cannot buy "max" (except when a shop mislabels the rubbers). Maybe you´ll find single rubbers with slightly thicker sponges than 2.2, as you would find slightly thinner than 1.7 (which is called 1.7, not "min"). This happens in mass production. But in theory, maximum sponge thickness for an Evolution rubber is 2.2 mm.

thickest/max is 2,1-2,2mm , question if someone who has the rubber right now did measure the sponge thickness and verify if its really that, and not less as it was with my mxp. Pretty simple.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
thickest/max is 2,1-2,2mm , question if someone who has the rubber right now did measure the sponge thickness and verify if its really that, and not less as it was with my mxp. Pretty simple.

I see. I don´t think many people have the means to measure so exact and couldn´t be bothered anyway, unless of course their rubbers behave in a way that seems abnormal like yours did, but I am also pretty sure at least a few results will turn up for you to compare.

It´s not uncommon these things happen, though - imagine a rubber with 2.045 mm sponge. Technically, that is 2.0. If the .045 part is rounded to .05 it qualifies for 2.1 already. And I am afraid in mass production with its many variables something has to give.

Or, in other words, if Tibhar were selling 2.0 under the 2.1/2.2 flag on a large scale by now you´d have heard about it ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I see. I don´t think many people have the means to measure so exact and couldn´t be bothered anyway, unless of course their rubbers behave in a way that seems abnormal like yours did, but I am also pretty sure at least a few results will turn up for you to compare.

It´s not uncommon these things happen, though - imagine a rubber with 2.045 mm sponge. Technically, that is 2.0. If the .045 part is rounded to .05 it qualifies for 2.1 already. And I am afraid in mass production with its many variables something has to give.

Or, in other words, if Tibhar were selling 2.0 under the 2.1/2.2 flag on a large scale by now you´d have heard about it ...

maybe, but as you so nice say if my rubber did not had this abnormal behavior, i wouldnt bother looking further, not to mention trying to find a cause and discover the thickness. So maybe also for other people the thickness could be incorrect but maybe the rubber played well, so no reason to be suspicious. I just measured an older sheet/sponge of mxp, it can be seen clearly above the 2mm line.

yes, ok mass production... but tibhar is considered premium brand( not a a chinese tire rubber brand :) ), so its a bit disappointing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
maybe, but as you so nice say if my rubber did not had this abnormal behavior, i wouldnt bother looking further, not to mention trying to find a cause and discover the thickness. So maybe also for other people the thickness could be incorrect but maybe the rubber played well, so no reason to be suspicious. I just measured an older sheet/sponge of mxp, it can be seen clearly above the 2mm line.

yes, ok mass production... but tibhar is considered premium brand( not a a chinese tire rubber brand :) ), so its a bit disappointing.

Sure it is. But some players boost and prefer the thinner sponge so they don't go over the limit. In any case your bad experience so far is limited. You can decide to change rubber or decide it was one bad experience and try again. This is life. If your experience was common, many players would share it.