Joola Rhyzer 48
- 68 grams uncut
- medium hard
- off+

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

The Joola Rhyzer 48 is hands down the fastest ESN rubber in the market right now. I have tested it bought with a not-so-known Pro Spin Power blade which is an off+ balsa-carbon blade and the Xiom Feel Ax which is a softer Viscaria blade. People have asked me to compare this with the Xiom Omega VII Pro and there is quite a big difference and in my opinion they are in a different class. I think the upcoming Omega VII Tour should be the equivalent of the Rhyzer 48 and not the Pro version because they feel really different and the VII Pro is marginally softer and lighter. The Rhyzer 48 being 68-69 grams uncut and the Omega VII Pro being 65-66 grams uncut. The Rhyzer 48 is medium hard. It feels a lot firmer than Omega VII Pro. Even the topsheet of the Rhyzer 48 is not as soft as the VII Pro.
The Rhyzer 48 is a beast waiting to be tamed. I think it is not for the untrained. The speed is ridiculously fast. I would boldly rate it as faster than the MX-P rubber. I have used the MX-P on a similar blade with balsa-carbon composition but the at least the MX-P is controllable. The Rhyzer on a very fast carbon blade just goes off the table with a long and high trajectory. I would think maybe because of the trend today of not using blades that are too fast, the Rhyzer is enough to use that you will not lack the speed or power that you need in your shots even if you will just use it on an all+ blade. It should be paired with an all wood blade or if you choose to have a composite blade then the speed of the blade should not exceed that of the Viscaria or Timo Boll ALC blade. Its speed should rival Bryce Speed or even faster by a few notches. The good side is, if you have the training or the skill, the Rhyzer 48 is a powerful rubber to use. If I compare it to the the Rhyzm 48 before, the Rhyzm 48 is a mild version with lesser amount of spin. When you are in the receiving end of the Rhyzer 48, you could feel how heavy and spinny the balls are when somebody is using it against you. The very long trajectory of the Rhyzer 48 ensures you that even at 4 meters away from the table, yours shots will not fall short. Also, at close to the table distance, very short swings will handle the ball more than enough to attack it with good amount of speed.
If in terms of spin , the potential level of Rhyzer 48 is much higher than any other rubber in the market with the exception of maybe Tenergy 05 but the level of spin between the 2 seem to be very minute. The ESN rubbers, over the years, have been inching closer to Tenergy in terms of spin. Speed is not a problem for ESn rubber as a lot of ESN rubbers are faster than Tenergy 05 but it is the rubbers grip towards the ball that ESN rubbers are trying to catch up to and I think with Rhyzer, the topsheet’s grip can compete with T05 and give it a run for its money. If you compare it to Xiom Omega VII Pro, the O7P is easier to produce spin probably because the sponge is softer and the rubber is easier to use but the Rhyzer if used correctly can have a higher level of spin. I would wait for the Omega VII Tour to fully compare rubbers in terms of spin and speed.
The Rhyzer is an excellent offensive rubber that does not need an off+ blade to be used. In fact, it needs a slower blade to be fully utilized by players like me who are not pros or not on elite level of playing style. In my opinion, this will be the hot selling rubber early 2018 unless newer and better rubbers will come out later this year.

Joola Rhyzer 43
- 66 grams uncut
- medium
- off+
The Rhyzer 43 is a toned down version of the Rhyzer 48. It is labeled as 43 degrees but the total hardness with the sponge seems to be medium and sometimes even harder than the usual 45 degree rubbers that I have tried like the Joola s Maxxx 450, Rakza 7 or Adidas P7. With the Rhyzer 43, at tleast you could feel the softer topsheet compared to the Rhyzer 48 rubber which has an overall hard feeling. What I like about the Rhyzer 43 is that it easier to use than the 48 version. In my case, I choose to place it in a slower blade like the Xiom Feel Ax because when I placed it with the Rhyzer 48 in the Pro Spin Power blade, the Rhyzer 43 still goes off the table easily. So I placed it with in a slower blade which is the Feel AX and then the magical moment happened. The rubber is very good and the speed is more than enough even with a slower blade. The Rhyzer 43 is still very fast and the speed is equal to that of the MX-P. If people are looking for a substitute of the Adidas P7 then this rubber will suffice. It has the control and feel of the P7 but the speed and spin is marginally bigger. The topsheet is very grippy like the 48 version but the softer sponge allowas the ball to sink into the sponge easier. The rubber is very bouncy that it is easy to slap and drive low flying balls. At least the Rhyzer 43 is a little bit controllable compared to the 48 degree version. Nevertheless, the 48 and 43 Rhyzers are excellent both as forehand and backhand rubbers.I am currently using the Rhyzer 43 as my forehand rubber in one of my rackets because the 48 is not just for my level.
cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

These new rubbers are very fast and spinny. The 48 version feels medium hard. It is faster than MX-P and also spinnier. The 43 version even though it has a 43 degree sponge, the overall feel with the topsheet is medium and not medium soft. This is also very bouncy and spinny. Both rubbers have profound high throws. I will post more of these in the coming days since I need to trnasfer this to my Xiom Feel AX because when I placed it in my balsa carbon blade which is faster than a T11+ blade, the speed seem to be very fast and I have to make lots of adjustment for control.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Do you feel that this next generation of ESN rubbers are a vast improvement over its predecessors? Rhyzm vs rhyzer, rasant vs rasanter, omega V vs VII, bluefire vs blue storm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
yes they are. the omega vii and rhyzer are actually another level. the rhyzer 48 even exceed the mxp.

I agree that the new generation rubbers exceed their predecessors.

Generally, the variation is wider - I have played with both Rasanter versions with 47.5 degree sponge, the Aurus Prime and now Rhyzer 48 and maybe for the first time really this isn´t "been there, done that".

Most importantly, the topsheets seem even better and enable the generation of more spin, which after all is to compensate for the loss of spin with plastic balls.
As opposed to rubbers from a couple years ago claimed to be "optimized for plastic ball", these really are.

One thing to watch for, the softer sponges in ultramax/max+ can get a bit mushy. Rhyzer 42 seemed very soft, but maybe that was partly due to the blade used.
Rhyzer 48 feels much softer than some older rubbers with identical hardness, yet also more powerful and precise.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Could you compare rhyzer and rhyzm-p. Which rhyzer is closer to rhyzm-p? Is rhyzer 48 much more harder than rhyzm-p?
What is passive blocking?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Uhm, my second rhyzm will come tomorrow...
But the original rhyzm has a rather low throw and is great for a third ball attack = direct points with speed. Does the new one really have a high throw? Are they them similar at all or is it just a different rubber under a well-known name?

Yogi,
how would you describe the difference of the R43 compared to a El-s and/or a Baracuda?

Red roar, you are in the wrong thread but el-s is harder and has more spin than r42, baracuda is the spinniest among the 3 and r42 is faster than el-s.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I tried the Aurus Select the other day. Is this a similar rubber to the Rhyzer 43?

Its sponge is two degrees harder.

The overall concept (thin topsheet for extra thick sponge) is identical, but all brands get to pick their own version of the recipe.

So Rhyzer 43 would also be close to, but not identical with, Rasanter R42 and Donic bluestorm Z3.

Reactions: Lee91
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I do not really feel the soft sponge thin top feeling on te rhyzers compared to the omega vii's and rasanters

But still, it is the same technology.

What I like about it is that the brands have really chosen different recipes this time, so that you have more choice.

And according to a usually very reliable source the Omegas don´t even belong to this series.

Reactions: thomas.pong